Sign in to follow this  
f0rbiddenc00kie

Which top 5 things do you believe need to be looked at the most?

Since FFG is finally willing to errata, I thought this would be a good time for the community to share what they believe is important to them.  Which top 5 things, in no particular order, do you believe need to be look at the most for buffs/nerfs?  Do you have a simple, elegant suggestion for one?

1.) Autothrusters

2.) TLT

3.) Palpatine

4.) TIE Punisher

5.) Kihraxz Fighter

Now, I'm not sure how many of you are aware, but TLT do more damage on average (no matter how many evade dice) than a 3-damage PWT.  They are so powerful that they allow turrets to out-joust jousters, their supposed natural counter.  I've read/heard many times on here and other places that TLT is one of the things that really started to break the whole jouster > turret > arc dodger > jouster balance.  A simple, elegant fix for TLT would be to make the range 2 or 3 instead of 2-3.

I wouldn't expect many more buffs or nerfs via errata any time soon- By the time we've adjusted to the FAQ and Heroes, Wave X will be upon us.

Also, I'd expect most errata to take the form of adding/modifying card text as these did, which means Generics without a dedicated title or mod are out of luck.

Personally, the only errata/FAQ I want is for Biggs to go back to his old self. My other x wings that fly alongside him get wrecked by homing missiles and other target lock ordinance now and it makes me sad... :(

After the novelty wears off, you'll probably see fewer of those given what a headache high PS pilots (Aces especially) are for such ordnance carriers.

Edited by Squark

1.) booty

2.) booty

3.) booty

4.) booty

5.) rocking everywhere

no finer sight in life; nothing more worth seeing

also, there's no such thing as a jouster/turret/arc-dodger balance and there never was

high PS fat PWTs are the best arc-dodgers in the game, because they combine large base displacement with a complete "I don't give a ****" attitude about facing

replace them with mobile arcs for the good of the game

Edited by ficklegreendice

I wouldn't expect many more buffs or nerfs via errata any time soon- By the time we've adjusted to the FAQ and Heroes, Wave X will be upon us.

Also, I'd expect most errata to take the form of adding/modifying card text as these did, which means Generics without a dedicated title or mod are out of luck.

Personally, the only errata/FAQ I want is for Biggs to go back to his old self. My other x wings that fly alongside him get wrecked by homing missiles and other target lock ordinance now and it makes me sad... :(

After the novelty wears off, you'll probably see fewer of those given what a headache high PS pilots (Aces especially) are for such ordnance carriers.
My main problem is ships like Miranda and Bossk can throw out 5 die missile shots not only ignoring the vast majority of my tokens, but now they completely ignore 26 points of my list as well... As someone who has previously liked to fly triple x-wings it was already an uphill battle, but now they can't even make it past the first engagement consistently.

1.) Autothrusters

2.) TLT

3.) Palpatine

4.) TIE Punisher

5.) Kihraxz Fighter

All I am concerned with "looking at" is the Kihraxz. I'm confident FFG will have a bitchin' Title upgrade that will give it some oomph.  Soon.

My main problem is ships like Miranda and Bossk can throw out 5 die missile shots not only ignoring the vast majority of my tokens, but now they completely ignore 26 points of my list as well... As someone who has previously liked to fly triple x-wings it was already an uphill battle, but now they can't even make it past the first engagement consistently.

Swx57-black-one.png

because a T-70 X-wing is still an X-wing

Swx57-black-one.png

because a T-70 X-wing is still an X-wing

Yeah, I've tried the Black One title. Currently I run Poe, Wes and Biggs to combat the target lock ordinance, and it does alright. Defenders and RecSpec Dengaroo give that list hell more often than not though, so I doubt it's super competitive. Thats really the only triple x squad that stands a chance now though, which is a shame.

I have a TON of things I would like FFG to address and would love them to do so via an errata. I am absolutely one of those "burn everything that has at any point given me a negative play experience" types, so I'm aware that many of these points a lot of you will find going too far and egregious. Nevertheless, I hope everyone can find at least one or two things I propose that they would like to see. Here are just 20 of those things.

1) Every named pilot flying a ship which has at least 1 pilot flying the same ship with an EPT (so every ship but K-wing, Punisher, Lambda and VCX), gains an EPT.

2) Ships can only regen shields a specific amount of times. Some examples could be a) what Markcsoul proposed, only getting to regen the amount of a ships printed shield value for the entirety of the game, or b) only get to regen 1 shield above what your lowest shield value has been within game (so if your lowest shield value in the game has been 2, you can regen up to 3, but if your lowest value has been 0, you can only regen up to 1 shield and no higher for the remainder of the game).

3) Give Palpatine and Manaroo appropriate range bands.

4) Make Tie/x7 -1 or 0 points (I've already found out this one is a pretty unpopular suggestion as the Tie Defender seems to be everyone's favorite right now :lol:)

5) Make "fix" cards, such as the Tie/x titles legal in tournament play even as printed out copies

6) Do something for the Punisher, K fighter, Starviper, G-1A, T65 X-wing, E-wing, Firespray, generic Tie Phantoms, generic Tie Interceptors, generic TAPs, generic T70s, and maybe B-wing and generic Protectorates to get them back on the power curve (Yes I'm aware that's a stupidly long list and you likely have rolled your eyes numerous times now).

7) primary weapon turrets have range restrictions just as upgrade turrets do. For example, the YT-1300's primary weapon turret is only available at range 1-2, while the decimator's is only available at range 2-3 (just examples, not what I think for certain should be their ranges).

8)  large base ships may only boost using the 1 straight template

9) Engine Upgrade only 2 points for small base ships.

10) Equipping TLT disables your primary weapon (just as outrider title does).

11) Smuggling Compartment has this text added- "If your pilot skill is 2 or lower, this card's squad point cost is -4".

13) If a ship which has 2 or more stress tokens assigned to it uses an ability to add an additional stress to itself, it assigns 1 face down damage card to itself per stress added with said ability.

14) Daredevil does not give a stress token if you have the barrel roll action on your action bar.

15) Saboteur is not an action, and instead may be used at the end of combat in the same way.

16) Ion torpedoes gives 2 ion tokens to the target of the attack if it hits, 1 to the others in range 1.

17) Munition Failsafe has a squad point cost of 0.

18) Major Rhymer is 3 points cheaper.

19) Winged Gundark's ability is available at every range.

20) Dace Bonearm, Jan Ors and Lt. Lorrir's abilities do not give them stress

and one bonus-

21) flechette cannon can deal stress to a stressed ship

I do have more, but I didn't want this to turn in to "my house rules fix the game lolz!"  so I'll stop here. :lol:

Edited by Kdubb

Why do so many people want range restrictions on Palpatine? Am I the only person who thinks he's balanced?

I think he is balanced in pretty much every squad except for possibly alongside Soontir. I have no idea why Biggs was higher in FFG's nerf priority though.

1. Serrisu's ability affects herself.

2. Jonus and Rhymer swap PS and costs, Jonus's ability can affect himself.

3. Starvipers get system and illicit slots by default. Virago is changed to something cool.

4. A bunch of mid-PS named pilots get EPTs (Laetin, Kir Kanos)

Edited by WWHSD

I still think the Biggs change means some kind of fix is coming for X-Wings that needed Biggs knocked down a peg or two or else it'd tilt the meta.

this is my hunch also. its from wave1 and has had no love to make it more competitive in a game that has steadily got more powerful.