Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Why are Star Wars fans so crazy about Daisy Ridley?

Cause she's a lead in a Star Wars movie. And she's not a Wookie. It's not rocket science.

Heck, I bet I could get ravenous fans if I was in a Star Wars movie, looks be darned; and Ms. Ridley is not bad looking. Ergo, the craziness. 

Your mind is on a fashion runway, but we see her in the theater. Movies work magic.

She's not an ugly girl but she's an average girl and no more attractive than a girl you could see in the public if you walked around for about half an hour.

Why are her looks the only thing you care about?  She's great all around.  

Imagine if people thought Chewbacca was dumb because his bowcaster wasn't shiny.  

She's not an ugly girl but she's an average girl and no more attractive than a girl you could see in the public if you walked around for about half an hour.

Imagine if people thought Chewbacca was dumb because his bowcaster wasn't shiny.  

Actors get judged for their looks take Steve buscemie for example no one ever calls him handsome.

DiCaprio was dismissed as a pretty boy for years.

She's an actress looks are part of how she's judged same as a man.

Actors get judged for their looks take Steve buscemie for example no one ever calls him handsome.

Are you trying to tell me that males and females on screen are judged the same?   Because I don't recall any discussion about how "hot" John Boyega is on this thread, or why Adam Driver's hair wasn't sexy enough for a villain, or any of that.  

Sometimes men get judged on their looks, but it's not even close to females.  Not even in the same ballpark, so you can't really pretend that they are on an even field here.  

That said, Daisy is cute.  She's no supermodel, but she isn't supposed to be.  She's a scavenger and a fighter and I think she did an amazing job.  I think she's great for young kids to look up to as a new protagonist in Star Wars.  

Yeah gay men and women never judge people on looks...

We don't have coke adverts where men take their tops off to titilate women after all...

Men don't mention other guys looks, and as this forum is mostly men who will be majority straight there's zero reason to mention male actors for most of us.

I have however called the guy who played kylo  an ugly munter before so In that regard I've judged him on looks.

Are people going ga ga over Daisy Ridley?  Maybe I'm just an old man and all my friends are old.  She's a bit scrawny, especially in the movie.  I kept looking at her little stick arms and kept thinking it is probably really easy for them to break.  I hope she doesn't do her own stunts.  

It can't be always about carrie fisher in a gold bikini.

I never found Carrie Fisher to be hot, either.  I dunno...she just never did it for me.  

Yes, I am hetro and like women.  

Now, Felicity Jones is the prettiest of the bunch to me.  She is still a little thin, but I find her more attractive than any of the others.  

Are people going ga ga over Daisy Ridley?  Maybe I'm just an old man and all my friends are old.  She's a bit scrawny, especially in the movie.  I kept looking at her little stick arms and kept thinking it is probably really easy for them to break.  I hope she doesn't do her own stunts.  

I never found Carrie Fisher to be hot, either.  I dunno...she just never did it for me.  

Now, Felicity Jones is the prettiest of the bunch to me.  She is still a little thin, but I find her more attractive than any of the others.  

Mon Mothma, now that's one hawt- actually no, she doesn't do it for me.

I like Flis Jones to, unfortunatly I keep picturing her as Katniss Everdeen for some reason and I can't unsee it.

Hope she's awesome in rogue one.

Come to think of it: Any love left for Queen Amidala, or did that white facepaint scare off the fanboys? :P

Mon Mothma, now that's one hawt- actually no, she doesn't do it for me.

I like Flis Jones to, unfortunatly I keep picturing her as Katniss Everdeen for some reason and I can't unsee it.

Hope she's awesome in rogue one.

Come to think of it: Any love left for Queen Amidala, or did that white facepaint scare off the fanboys? :P

I actually love the costume design for the prequels; paint and all. It gives you real sense of how opulent and glamorous it was to be around in the Republic era. (At least, if you were upper class.)  

The senate hearings, banquets, expensive dresses and opera. It gave off a sense of lost regalia, like Russia before the fall of the Tzar. (Well, like Russia if you were upper class.)  ^_^

338B80DB00000578-3559047-Action_girl_It_

Are you trying to tell me that males and females on screen are judged the same?   Because I don't recall any discussion about how "hot" John Boyega is on this thread, or why Adam Driver's hair wasn't sexy enough for a villain, or any of that.  

Sometimes men get judged on their looks, but it's not even close to females.  Not even in the same ballpark, so you can't really pretend that they are on an even field here.  

That said, Daisy is cute.  She's no supermodel, but she isn't supposed to be.  She's a scavenger and a fighter and I think she did an amazing job.  I think she's great for young kids to look up to as a new protagonist in Star Wars.  

And women don't get judged on their competencies nearly as much as men do. Women are human beings. Men are human doings. 

And women don't get judged on their competencies nearly as much as men do. Women are human beings. Men are human doings. 

That's the typical mysandrist bigotry that causes 84% of women in America and 93% in the UK to reject tumblr feminism because they don't want to be asociated with such man hating sentiment.

Your doing more damage to women's rights than any other group out there.

Which "side" do you think I'm on? It is not my intention to damage women's rights. I think women are fully capable adults who should be responsible for their own decisions. 

I see both the problems that women have because they are women and the problems that men have because they are men.

Women have inherent value simply for existing (human beings.) Men are disposable (I can link to the workplace fatality statistics if you like, they're typically 92% male) and must prove themselves and their value (human doings.) These circumstances stem from the fact of biology that sperm is cheap and eggs are precious. 

Might not be your intention but it's how it's worked out your turning women away from feminism, the fascist tactics of the ultra left are generating nothing but negative results.

Also your statements pretty funny given we've just developed the artificial womb and with advancements in tissue printing we'll make eggs on-demand yet you don't see men mentioning getting rid of women do you.

As for fatality rates that's from doing oil drilling logging and serving in the military jobs most women won't even consider, it's easy to avoid death sitting on an assembly line or working in an office.

To quote  Camille paglia "if civilization had been left in female hands we'd still be living in mud huts"

I'm "red pill," Hobojebus. I'm a liberal but not a feminist (maybe in the 1st wave sense but certainly not what feminism seems to stand for now.) A "lefty" but not an authoritarian one. I'm no fan of the "Oppression Olympics" and frequently ask if we're going to have chivalry or equality. 

You might enjoy this: http://www.denisdutton.com/baumeister.htm(don't let the title fool you.) 

Which "side" do you think I'm on? It is not my intention to damage women's rights. I think women are fully capable adults who should be responsible for their own decisions. 

I see both the problems that women have because they are women and the problems that men have because they are men.

Women have inherent value simply for existing (human beings.) Men are disposable (I can link to the workplace fatality statistics if you like, they're typically 92% male) and must prove themselves and their value (human doings.) These circumstances stem from the fact of biology that sperm is cheap and eggs are precious. 

720404tumblrlp7vcrHv9j1qbtsvoo1500.gif

Might not be your intention but it's how it's worked out your turning women away from feminism, the fascist tactics of the ultra left are generating nothing but negative results.

Also your statements pretty funny given we've just developed the artificial womb and with advancements in tissue printing we'll make eggs on-demand yet you don't see men mentioning getting rid of women do you.

tumblr_inline_o9y0eiXAPz1qhgo8y_500.gif

As for fatality rates that's from doing oil drilling logging and serving in the military jobs most women won't even consider, it's easy to avoid death sitting on an assembly line or working in an office.

To quote  Camille paglia "if civilization had been left in female hands we'd still be living in mud huts"