Sign in to follow this  
Cyscott1

So what happened...

well no, i agree in comparison to other games it isn't really. i played at-43 before it, so this seems like WAY less work ;)

my point being that i didnt want to learn the VP part since i knew that would be going away, in favor of more streamlined rules (from what i understand).

That being said, plan on playing this weekend and will try out the full original rules :)

I double checked to make sure I could share the following.

I inquired about the Tannhauser events for GenCon. There was not a lot of info under the description. FFG has confirmed that the NEW RULES will be showcased for the events.

It may not be as fast as we liked but at least we now know that Rules 2.0 are coming.

hahnarama said:

I double checked to make sure I could share the following.

I inquired about the Tannhauser events for GenCon. There was not a lot of info under the description. FFG has confirmed that the NEW RULES will be showcased for the events.

It may not be as fast as we liked but at least we now know that Rules 2.0 are coming.

Gencon ? That's four months from now and nine month from the last "State of the Game". Talk about communicating with the fanbase.

I still don't get it as unless they release Daedalus at the same time they release the 2.0 rules, it will be almost 1 1/2 year with no release for the game (last one was Ramirez in March 2009) and difficulty to get two of the four single packs (infamous Wolf and now unavailable Yula).

That is great to hear Hahn, glad there is some confirmation.  After what I've seen FFG do with Battlelore, I'm actually not worried about Tannhauser.  Eventually FFG came around and with the upcoming Goblin army expansion, so it seems that they are going to support it.  It looks like it just takes a long time for FFG to take over existing content and wrap it up with their own QA and initiatives. 

What does that mean for Tannhauser?  Likely something similar.  After buying it from ToY, it will probably be a while before they get through all the old concept work and can truly develop their own content.  I'd be surprised (only slightly) if the first look at Tann 2.0 is August.  Even if that is the eventual case, I've waited this long and I still have fun with just the base game so I can wait a little longer.

I know we would all prefer to have the new rules by now but HELL I think it's better than the alternative. No game support at all. IMO we lucked out. The last time I checked the Take on You site it was DOA. 

I'm so excited that I went and picked up Novgorod last night. The fact that it was marked as clearance for $32 @ my FLGS helped too! gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm really tempted to pick up Novgorod as well but I'm worried that Tann 2.0 won't include Novgorod 2.0 in the same release.  Likely only the equipment would change  so hopefully they'll include the Russian equipment changes in with the new rule set.  I imagine Wolf and the other one-off characters will get a printable pdf or news announcement to cover their equipment changes.

Getting the monthly tokens is a cool bonus.  I guess I should read (or remember) the state of the game posts as the October one mentions that they are updating Novgorod at the same time and including it all in one book. 

link: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Also, the October message states that "updating the weapon abilities, the equipment abilities, and making sure the rules will fit both the world and the components you already have."  Of course this info is about 6 months old so it should be taken with a grain of salt.  Re-reading those old state of the game messages help reinforce in my mind that this change over is a long and laborious process.