Sign in to follow this  
Cyscott1

So what happened...

Hey now, you know how it works.  They announce it for the end of the year...so we'll see it by the end of the following year (...maybe)!!!  gui%C3%B1o.gif  Lol, I kid I kid.

We want updates, we want updates, we want updates

Tann 2.0 rules

new squads for existing factions

new characters to expand existing factions

translation of French Scenarios that FFG never did

Monthly scenario and token (or at least every other month for a token)

Map pack

3 or 4 boards, 2 maps on each side. that is 6 to 8 maps.

I would quite a few bucks on a map expansion.

Hint-hint FFG

Yeah, there are big fans of this game in my circle of friends. He was hankering for the new rules.

What's with the delay, FFG?

I know, I know, it's the Runewars thing!

Love,

Alex

FFG has shown in the past that they would tell us if they've stopped working on Tannhauser (as they did for the cancellation of AH minis.)  A trait which I admire in the company and one which sadly cannot be said of their competitors.  Admittedly it's been quiet, and it's probably taking longer than they expected to get all the kinks worked out, but I'm sure they're still plugging away.  They'll let us know when they have something worth showing us.  =)

While I understand the decision FFG made to bring all new products under the V2 rules, I still think it was a mistake.

Should they have not done this, they could have taken their time working on the new rules and rapidly release Daedalus (2 new maps, a handfull of scenarios) and release in ealry 2010 the 3 single packs which were already finalized by late Take on You.

Instead we have to wait an hypothetical update... sad, sad, sad.

This is just a guess but they may have decided the changes they made where not good enough and went back to the drawing board. I'm sure they made a large investment in aquiring the rights and want to be sure they have a winner before they release anything.

That is true, as they said with the AH minis, they want to deliver a product to us that we will love as a whole. Which will be both visually stunning and affordable. They have such high standards, that yes, there will be setbacks. I for one am happy to wait, I know the product they will deliver will be much more than I anticipate, and I welcome that surprise. Between translations, re-creating old material for the new rules, and creating new concepts for the future of the game, it's going to be a long road. Though I will be the one to agree that FFG could give us all an update. We would at least like to hear what setbacks they have seen, and how much longer it may be before a release date.

Actually they are mainly supporting their "brand" lines: Game of throne (LCG, "BattleLore" board game), Call of Cthulhu (LCG, Arkham Horror), Warhammer (LCG, RPG), WH40K (Dark Heresy RPG, Rogue Trader  RPG, DeathWatch RPG, Horus Heresy board game), Terrinoth (Descent, RuneWars).

Other games get an occasionnal update this include games like Starcraft, Cosmic Encounter and Talisman. Some other never get much attention beyond the initial release or fall on the wayside (Word of Warcraft or "classic" BattleLore lines).

All I hope is that once the 2.0 rules are out Tannhauser will belong to the first category of games...

Don;t get me wrong I love the game and I want to see FFG take it to a new level. I'm just a little tired of all the Warhammer stuff.....except for Chaos in the Old World.  So excited that I am signed up for both games at GenCon

boardgamenews.com has this (Daedelus - new rules at same time as we are told from FFG) being released now in second quarter of this year. well...it's Q2 already :) only 2.5 more months to wait until another delay! but seriously ... should be any quarter now :)

i got this game in the winter with the understanding FFG was releasing new rules - the reason i didnt get sooner was because of the clunkiness. so knowing new rules are coming, i don't really want to play dealing with the VPs, you know. it's not that i'm too lazy to make up better rules to play, it's that I have paid for the game, and it should be working out of the box. Can't fault them for taking so long, as im sure ultimately, the delay comes down to money, and they're here to make money as a businessI have played the capture the flag mode though in the meantime - and that is awesome :D lots of fun!

Artemus Maximus said:

i got this game in the winter with the understanding FFG was releasing new rules - the reason i didnt get sooner was because of the clunkiness.

Playing the game since the initial French release, I can assure you the game isn't that "clunky" however I can understand that its rules aren't suited to everyones taste. gui%C3%B1o.gif