Sign in to follow this  
Muelmuel

Sharpie-ing the Lambda

I'm don't want to paint my squadrons and have been using sharpies on them so far. Most of the colour options available are fine with the exception of the elusive brown, which I have found from other marker series. However now the lambda shuttle is coming up in the next wave, and I'm wondering what non-paint options are there to make it a clean white. Sharpie does not sell white permanent markers and only paint markers but i'm wondering if it will clog and cover the shuttle's outline. I hope to get it to at least be the same colour as unpainted rebel squadrons. Any suggestions from those who sharpie? Thanks

Honestly, I'm thinking a quick hit of some matte white spray paint and a wash (plus some color sharpie highlights) will be it for my shuttle. I did the same thing for a Jumpmaster and my Houndstooth, except then I sharpied over the paint. They turned out OK for a hack like me. :D

A white primer did wonders for my shuttle miniature. Simple to apply, and didn't clog anything.

I'm seriously considering going back and properly painting the rest of my squadrons too. I'd like my TIEs to be ANH-grey for the base, rather than kylo-ren's-heart grey.

A white primer did wonders for my shuttle miniature. Simple to apply, and didn't clog anything.

I'm seriously considering going back and properly painting the rest of my squadrons too. I'd like my TIEs to be ANH-grey for the base, rather than kylo-ren's-heart grey.

My TIEs are all ANH light grey, and the contrast looks really good on the table.

I'm don't want to paint my squadrons and have been using sharpies on them so far. Most of the colour options available are fine with the exception of the elusive brown, which I have found from other marker series. However now the lambda shuttle is coming up in the next wave, and I'm wondering what non-paint options are there to make it a clean white. Sharpie does not sell white permanent markers and only paint markers but i'm wondering if it will clog and cover the shuttle's outline. I hope to get it to at least be the same colour as unpainted rebel squadrons. Any suggestions from those who sharpie? Thanks

I don't sharpie, but I like to do watercolor shading/highlighting.  You can absolutely use a watercolor pencils on miniatures if you either don't handle them that often or are willing to seal them with a topcoat (just don't run them under hot water afterwards or let them near steam...)

If the mini is wet, it applies like paint.  if it's dry, it applies like pencil.  You can also apply dry, then feather it with a barely damp, stiff brush to turn it into paint- if you'd like to, you can check my painting thread in the painting/mod forum: while I do use an airbrush for the basecoating and top-coating, almost all of the weathering you see in that thread involves a black and a brown watercolor pencil, my finger, and some ox-gall water.  The sharp lines are done with Copic marker.