Sign in to follow this  
MorbidDon

Were "Interrogators" for the group a 1st Edition "thing"?

In all my reading - I somehow thought the Interrogator of a group was a role - as part of the game (sort of like White Wolf's Vampire > whereby players have a Sire so to speak)...

Granted I know the Inquisitor itself is still a role in the game that's part of play (without a question)

Interrogators then in 2nd edition were phased out > prolly because the new 2nd edition characters are a step above those created in 1st edition - right?

Please Advise

Morbid

I took that as part of the game/fluff.  When we switched to DH2, we kept the "rank" and "position" alive without the need of the actual class, which basically was made so that the GM did have to actually deal with an Inquisitor as part of the PC group.

~ alemander

I wrote up an Interrogator Elite Advance for my game; the rank exists and has the perks of an Inquisitor basically having you trained (or training you personally for the hands-on ones) to be what they want you to be.  Most of my players eventually got it after they realized they all want to be Inquisitors of their own some day.  

I was under the impression each "cell" had an interrogator assign to them sort of like a personal group commissar or or drill instructor > though the Interrogator helped facilitate the groups aims while reining in any BS...

Doesn't matter much now > but I'm wondering where & what I read to be me on that tract?

I was under the impression each "cell" had an interrogator assign to them sort of like a personal group commissar or or drill instructor > though the Interrogator helped facilitate the groups aims while reining in any BS...

As I understand it:

Warbands/Cells have "leads" (decided by the group or at least the inquisitor/interrogator)

Interrogators manage multiple cells and make up cells with other higher agents.

Inquisitors in training manage these elevated cells.

Inquisitors have a personal retinue that may have whatever they want.

I wrote up an Interrogator Elite Advance for my game; the rank exists and has the perks of an Inquisitor basically having you trained (or training you personally for the hands-on ones) to be what they want you to be.  Most of my players eventually got it after they realized they all want to be Inquisitors of their own some day.  

Can you share this Elite Advance with us? :)

Sure!

For 600 experience you get:

One Non-Characteristic Aptitude of your choice.
Scrutiny Increased One Step.
Jaded Talent.

The perquisites are:
Willpower 40
Influence 50

As an Interrogator, you are taught to see into things more clearly, inured to mundane suffering and woe and given more advanced training for whatever the Inquisitor chose you as an agent for.  You have to be strong of mind and soul (Willpower requisite) and successful at your job (earning Influence) to take up the role of an Interrogator.  

Ascension was also woefully unbalanced.

That kinda comes with the territory... Doesn't it? :D

Sure!

For 600 experience you get:

One Non-Characteristic Aptitude of your choice.

Scrutiny Increased One Step.

Jaded Talent.

The perquisites are:

Willpower 40

Influence 50

As an Interrogator, you are taught to see into things more clearly, inured to mundane suffering and woe and given more advanced training for whatever the Inquisitor chose you as an agent for.  You have to be strong of mind and soul (Willpower requisite) and successful at your job (earning Influence) to take up the role of an Interrogator.  

That's pretty cool with the option of a non-characteristic aptitude. What happens if the player has already maxed out Scrutiny? Or already possesses the Jaded talent?

Bah, forgot to note that if you already have Jaded, you get Resistance (Fear).  Basically, the way it worked for my game's Inquisitor is he basically put them through SERE school and weeded out those who couldn't take the heat.  The ones who were already mentally tough just got treated worse, because they had to be better than everybody else, didn't they?  

I never had the situation come up where someone already maxed out Scrutiny by the time they wanted Interrogator, so that wasn't an issue either; the system-savvy people would realize that was some good experience saved if they didn't spend it on the final bonus, and the non-system-savvy just bought it before maxing out Scrutiny.  Another fun idea though, is to make it a choice between Scrutiny and Interrogation!  Thematically appropriate as well.