Sign in to follow this  
Pimpbacca

How many Wave 10 are you buying and why?

Is it legal to fly Sabine TIE Fighter models with Imperial cards and bases?

Yup - standard rule is that paintjob is irrelevant.

You can have Rebel Y-wings or Z-95s with Scum paintjobs, so I can't see any reason why you couldn't have Imperial TIEs with Rebel paintjobs (though vice-versa would probably be more usual since there's no cards Imperial players really need in the Sabine pack - they'll already have plenty of VI cards.)

Edited by Ironlord

Is it legal to fly Sabine TIE Fighter models with Imperial cards and bases?

Yup - standard rule is that paintjob is irrelevant.

You can have Rebel Y-wings or Z-95s with Scum paintjobs, so I can't see any reason why you couldn't have Rebel TIEs with Imperial paintjobs (or even vice-versa, if you want one of your Imperial aces to really stand out.)

Also, you can fly Rebel Z-95s with Scum dials, right?  So long as the base is Rebel.  So that would mean you could fly Sabine's TIE and Rebel dial with Imperial cards and bases.

I defiantly buying one of Sabines tie, and possible more if your allowed use imperial ties. It would make sense to me that maybe Rex and Ashoka stole some additional tie fighters for a mission. However becuase of the very unique paint job I think I would feel weird flying several painted ones.

In fact I think Sabines tie might make for a cool fan mission, like maybe trying to get past a tie swarm to drop bonbs on a cruiser. Set up put imperial raider on imperial rang one, tie swarm in range two of edge. Rebels win if they get stolen ties to raider and drop bombs. Imperials win if they destroy rebel ties.

U wings look sick, defiantly one of them and probaly two, Same thing for scum ship. I don't play imperials but if mrs wants a striker she will prob get one. I doubt she will get Kylos ship she feels weird mixing and matching imperial and first order.

1 QJ - even though I really(!) like this little ship, thematically can't justify more than one (however, I have taken that position on some ships before, and capitulated into acquiring more)
1 UPS - don't particularly like the ship - just getting it for completeness (and the "holy gakton" of cards - will I need special reinforced storage for that volume?)
1 R/T - once again, just filling the collection with this one
? T/str - there's only one Imp Small ship I don't have 2 or more of (being T/sf), quantity will ultimately be determined on whether a spammed list seems interesting
1 UW - there's only one Large ship, across all factions, that I have more than 1 of (being IG), I can't see the U justifying departing from this tendency - on seeing the very first pictures (wings forward) I was not interested at all, but seeing it with wings out completely changed my perspective.

Edited by ABXY

1 U-wing (appears to come with lots of fantastic rebel crew, slowly starting to grow fonder of the ship itself).

2 Sabines Tie (then I can fly a 4 mini rebel swarm with named heroes for laughs).

1 Quadjumper (Interesting mechanics and what looks to be a great scum blocker).

1/6 Tie Strikers (If the base cost is 16, that means a mini-swarm of 6 ships with 3 attack dice, but depends on point cost and dial).

3 Upsilon shuttles (4 attack dice baby, 4 attack dice baby 4 attack dice baby, and all that below 33 pt. - please for the love of god let it have a white turn!!).

Disclaimer: Abysmal dials or point costs, may lead to canceling of acquisition.

Edited by Sciencius

Actually i'd assume Asohka would be on the same template as Rex because of alternating pilot skills, which is what they usually do.

The presentation is out of order because they wanted to show off that Sabine has the same ability. Asohka has higher PS and is behind Sabine's card.

Good catch.  I assumed the pilot skills were in order in the preview card-fan.

One of everything for sure. Probably two each of the U-Wing and TIE Striker (maybe even three of that one). Maybe more of the Quadjumper too, depending on what tricks it can pull off.

I've not even got my wave 9 yet - but hmmm wave 10...

Sabine's TIE Fighter Expansion Pack - 1 for EMP Device and to add stuff my secondary rebel fleet.
Upsilon-class Shuttle Expansion Pack - 0 for now, when they spoil the new upgrade cards I might change my mind if I find the upgrades usable and get at most 1.
Quadjumper Expansion Pack - 2 for now, maybe more once more is spoiled, looks like it has some tractor beam mechanic.
U-wing Expansion Pack - 1 maybe at most. Could use another Sensor Jammer, most of the unique stuff look to be Rebel only, depends on the 2 unspoiled upgrades.
TIE Striker Expansion Pack - 0 for now, maybe 1 depending on what the unique Elite card does.
Edited by Hantheman

Normally I buy pretty much as much as I need for 100 point list, but money might be getting a bit tighter in the near future for me. Also, I don't get enough time to go through all the spoils and card threads to make a truly informed decision.

Sabine's Tie. Can't see much point in getting more than two of these due to the way the title's and other cards work.

Ren's shuttle. Can anyone convince me to get more than one of these?

I suppose we need some more spoils on what point costs are for the rest, and updates might change opinions.

U-Boats. These look great. Maybe 3?

Quad x 2. Again, I can't see this as spammable just yet.

Tie Striker. Anything Tie is spammable in my books, at least just for fun. How many is viable?

My favorite part is how you talk about money being tight and then getting multiple copies for each ship per wave. Even with budgeting and saving I can barely afford more than 2 or 3 ships total per wave let alone multiple of each... right now I only own protectorate from the latest wave... waiting for ARCs to come down in price a little so I can finally start playing those too...

One of each to start with, and see how I go from there.  I strongly suspect I'll end up getting a copy of Sabine's TIE so I can fly a Rebel four TIE mini-swarm...

You'll need at least two, just so you have enough card board for all your ships... but no more than two, you can use imperial TIE fighter models for the other two pilots.

Probably one TIE striker, and maybe one U-wing. HOTR definitely. I still don't have the ghost yet, so i'll probably hold off on Sabine's tie until I get that ship...

Edited by FlyingAnchors

HOTR obviously; only one of those. I don't really need to own more falcons than the one i have already, but all of the decent pilots & upgrades in there are going to require me to get one.

Sabine's Tie; one of those. Not going to need more than one I think, that allows me to run 2 rebel Ties, which should be more than enough.

U-wing; 2 of these. The ship looks good enough (both in form and on paper) for me to want to be able to play multiples of them. I doubt I'll want 3, (two should be enough for pretty much anything) but never say never.

The other 3 I'm not sure. I don't see myself needing Kylo's shuttle - I'm almost certainly not going to fly it, and I didn't see any essential (for non-imperial lists) upgrade cards in the pack. Same deal with the TIE striker; I'm not going to fly it, and I don't think I need any of the cards in there.

The quadjumper I'm not sure on. TBH I can't remember what cards are in there at the moment. I might grab 1 (and it will only be one) after doing a little bit of research and figuring out if I actually need it.