Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

Biggs nerfed?

I' just gonna post that pic of Biggs in leather pants and a cape fighting a Tusken Raider with his own weapon....... now anything else is pointless10154057655_37100f7113_b.jpg

You are *almost* as awesome as Biggs.

I know, I'm so getting one of those white belts

Ever heard about Long Range Scanners?

Yes, actually, I have.  Look at the ships that can take it.  tie bombers and punishers, the K wing…  Any others?  Of course, now you have gotten rid of Guidance chips.  And you only get a focus to modify the dice…  wait, why am I running crappy ordinance?  Jumpmasters worked because they employed every single possible fix to make sure that they roll full hits into their target (I think they had a 92% chance of being full hits).  The Jumps also had a turret which gave them a closing after ordinance was fired off.   When you can build that with another ship, please share with the rest of us.  Ordinance sucked on everything but the jumpmasters and once again it sucks on everything just like it has since wave 1.

This kind of thinking makes me laugh. The CS JM5K was OP, under costed and over upgradeable. By your own admission there was nothing wrong with them, add in Deadeye and the only difference PS made was when you shot. The problem was that you could build that kind of ship AND have 3 of them in a list. Ordinance isnt supposed to be a one shot insta kill weapon. especially with the likes of Plasma's costing 3 points, 2.5 if you have Extra Munitions. Now APT's are a different story, cost 6, reduced to range 1, and have the red die to make them worth it on some ships. But you wont get it off on a CS JM5K? Well you cant have your cake and eat it too. This change has made Scouts fly like the low PS Generics that they are. 

Thanks Frank!

In all seriousness though he really couldnt say it didnt work that way. The argument on this one is mainly from people that dont look at the wording of the main rulebook, which is a common mistake considering this game is so easy to play you DONT need to read the rules lol just have someone explain the basics and read your cards

To be fair, when I quoted the rulebook rule at them, they countered with "It doesn't apply because the ship doesn't become the defender until the end of the declare target step," which is silly.  Some people were just in denial.

Yeah thats complete denial because that literally is the exact opposite of the rules.

Rules state you MUST have a TL to even declare the target. Declaring target =/= being the defendant. Literally cant even attempt to declare a target you cant hit in this game because for shooting all the premeasure rules go out the window, so its not like actions where you go "Im gonna shoot him ... oh hes out of range ok i'll shoot him"

Step sequence specifically says they become the defender last after everything else, just before you actually roll any dice.

Yes, Biggs was being used wrong this whole time. Also of note, this is only a problem for target locked ordnance and poor flying of Biggs causing loss of range. It actually gives a reason to use ordnance/target locks once again, sorry dead eye, and accounts for good flying.

Thanks Frank!

In all seriousness though he really couldnt say it didnt work that way. The argument on this one is mainly from people that dont look at the wording of the main rulebook, which is a common mistake considering this game is so easy to play you DONT need to read the rules lol just have someone explain the basics and read your cards

To be fair, when I quoted the rulebook rule at them, they countered with "It doesn't apply because the ship doesn't become the defender until the end of the declare target step," which is silly.  Some people were just in denial.

Yeah thats complete denial because that literally is the exact opposite of the rules.

Rules state you MUST have a TL to even declare the target. Declaring target =/= being the defendant. Literally cant even attempt to declare a target you cant hit in this game because for shooting all the premeasure rules go out the window, so its not like actions where you go "Im gonna shoot him ... oh hes out of range ok i'll shoot him"

Step sequence specifically says they become the defender last after everything else, just before you actually roll any dice.

Honestly, they changed how they wanted Biggs to work and this was a reversal. If you look at the rules for attacking, after you pick your weapon and pick your target you then have to check to see if it is a legal target before you pay the cost. If it's not, you start all over again until you end up with a legal target. Based on the wording of Biggs, a ship that was within range one of him while you had a way to shoot at Biggs would not have been a legal target.  

It could still be interpreted that way without FFG deciding that Biggs has to be a valid target for the weapon that was chosen for his ability to work. My gut tells me that there is some new weapon that is coming out that really breaks things if the ship with it always has to attack Biggs. 

well it also falls under the rule for Dengar. Biggs is not a valid target within the confines of his ability so he ignored him. Under the old ruling, it only made sense for balance purposes because otherwise it would flatout deny Dengar's ability except against Biggs, which biggs wuld just not shoot at him. Under the new ruling theres a legitimate and logical reason for not firing at biggs: ability doesnt give you the option to hit him, so you simply ignore him.

well it also falls under the rule for Dengar. Biggs is not a valid target within the confines of his ability so he ignored him. Under the old ruling, it only made sense for balance purposes because otherwise it would flatout deny Dengar's ability except against Biggs, which biggs wuld just not shoot at him. Under the new ruling theres a legitimate and logical reason for not firing at biggs: ability doesnt give you the option to hit him, so you simply ignore him.

Dengar worked before the change though. During his counteract, Biggs would not have been a valid target, so the text on Biggs' card would keep his ability from triggering.

Now that TorpJumps are going to disappear fomr the fields, is R4-D6+IA the best choice on him? Or may be R2 better?

I've found that R4 activation is pretty situational, but still the best option mainly due to lack of alternatives... or not?

There are still plenty of ships that can inflict 3+ damage, especially at Range 1 so I think R4-D6 is still pretty good. It may be situational but it is only 1 point and it still powers IA.

R2 is OK but Biggs has no EPT so he is not likely to get stressed that often. You could use R7 astromech or M9 G8 if you want but they are probably better on Tarn due to the free TLs.

The question is whether there is another astromech that works better on Biggs given his limited life-expectancy. He is ultimately a support ship. His job is to make sure your heavy hitters survive long enough to do their jobs. As such, overspending on the support at the expense of the big guns could easily be counter-productive.

The question is whether there is another astromech that works better on Biggs given his limited life-expectancy. He is ultimately a support ship. His job is to make sure your heavy hitters survive long enough to do their jobs. As such, overspending on the support at the expense of the big guns could easily be counter-productive.

His job is and ever has been to force your opponent to spread his fire. If you let focus fire at Biggs, you have done it wrong all the time. I'm not saying that it is easy to accomplish. All I say that the FAQ'ed Biggs might be even easier to use, letting the opponent some decisions while Biggs might survive longer and maybe score a kill by himself instead of just being a kind of ablative armor for an other ship.