Firespray-32

Is the Scyk Fixed?

I'm tempted to run out and buy 2 more of them, but I think I'll play with the two I currently have first. I want to try this out now. I think this fix makes them playable but nothing like the fixed TIE Advanced or TIE Defender.

i'll be honest, this makes me want to start playing scum. Im a fan of underdog stuff, and current scum always bugged me that its all "Uboat or Usuck" mentality right now. Not even a fan of Fangs, as yeah theyre mean but when they get countered they get COUNTERED so severe glass cannon gambling over there.

I used Serissu to good effect without the title at regionals last year (see my sig), just as a defensive buff and Swarm Tactics PS buff.

Now she can take a Tractor Beam for "free" at the price and effect of a Hull Upgrade. Suddenly she is buffing PS, defense rolls AND attacks!

PS2 Scyk without the title is still over costed by 1pt and PS5 Tansarii without title is still over costed by 2pts, but now the PS2 Scyk with title is about correct and the PS5 with title is like...0.5pts over costed, which is entirely tolerable compared to what we had previously.

What's your metric for saying the TPV is overcosted by 2? Just curious.

Mango Juice:

Tansarii Point Veteran (17)
Juke (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Juke (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Juke (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Juke (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Total: 100

PS2 Scyk without the title is still over costed by 1pt and PS5 Tansarii without title is still over costed by 2pts, but now the PS2 Scyk with title is about correct and the PS5 with title is like...0.5pts over costed, which is entirely tolerable compared to what we had previously.

It's probably an educated guess, based on that +3 PS cannot worth +3 points on a 14 point ship, while +1 point would probably be too cheap.

Edited by Ubul

The difference between Academy Pilot and Black Squadron Pilot.

A PS2 Scyk has certain advantages over a PS1 Academy TIE that make it a 13pt ship and not a 12pt ship, but the difference between Academy Tie and Black Squadron Pilot is an increase of +3 Pilot Skill and the addition of an EPT slot. FFG chose to make such an improvement worth 2points.

Tansarii Pilot Vet is also an increase of +3 PS and an EPT slot over the Cartel Spacer, but for some reason the cost increase is 3 in this instance, even though it should be exactly the same as an upgrade from the Academy TIE to the Black Squadron Pilot.

As a result of the conclusion that the PS2 generic is 1pt over costed and that the tax on going from the PS2 Scyk to the PS5 Scyk is 1pt too much, I conclude that the PS5 Tansarii (without title) is over costed by 2pts. I think that the data on their usage supports this conclusion.

Edited by CBMarkham