Sign in to follow this  
Briareos

Campaign Guide pdf

I don't think it'll ever be released. FFG tends to not release any of their 'campaign content' for their games. Maybe for spoilers, but most likely to stop people from just proxying at home. Which is even more of a risk in a non-competitive card game

And are Arkham Nights attendees bound by an NDA to not scan and upload it?

NB I'm not suggesting nor condoning. I don't want spoilers. I'm just curious that even though it's FFG's position, it seems easy to get the info out there.

While I think it is unlikely that any consumer attendee of the event would be under NDA, it would still not be within their rights to duplicate and publish someone else's work/IP without prior written permission.

This is correct.

What is also correct is that the aforementioned lack of rights rarely stopped anybody  :lol:

I wish there was a PDF, too, because those campaign guides are pretty small and flimsy. You want me to spoil the mechanical bits? Obviously scanning the guide itself is out of the question, but there shouldn't be a problem with posting summaries of the setup and resolution.

A summary of the first scenario and setup of the second would be nice for me. Also how are those woods supposed to be setup? Some or all are used?

Maybe I missed the meaning but what are those ->R2 (or whatever) in the act/agenda cards?

Edited by Kentares

Maybe I missed the meaning but what are those ->R2 (or whatever) in the act/agenda cards?

These indicate that you have reached the end of the scenario. The number shows which resolution text you should refer to in the campaign guide. Reference: Learn to Play, page 7 ("Winning and Losing"), 4th paragraph.

A summary of the first scenario and setup of the second would be nice for me. Also how are those woods supposed to be setup? Some or all are used?

Okay, then.

Scenario 1:

You've already seen the setup by now, I imagine. You use the same bag from the Learn To Play booklet, and everyone starts locked in the Study.

Resolution:

Four possible endings. If you defeat the Ghoul Priest, you can either burn down your house to add Lita Chantler to your deck, or rebuff Lita (forfeiting your only chance to get her as an earned asset) to keep your house. If you manage to lose by agenda before unlocking the Parlour, everybody dies, and you have to choose new investigators for the next scenario (you still get Lita, since it's implied that your new team is a group she recruited between scenarios, and you keep your house--or rather you get to use your new group's house). Lastly, losing by default means you get to keep Lita and your house, but the Ghoul Priest survives to haunt you in future scenarios.

Regardless, everyone gets 2 xp (unless they died, of course).

Scenario 2:

You set up the nine Arkham locations and start at your house. Note that there are two copies each of Downtown and Southside; You choose one of each randomly, so you won't know what you'll find there until you actually visit. Also, for each investigator past the first, one location gets a starting Acolyte (Southside, Downtown, and the Graveyard, in that order).

Spoilery bits: If you burned down your house, its location is removed from the game (naturally) and you instead start at Rivertown. If you lost the first scenario, the Ghoul Priest gets shuffled into the deck.

Resolution:

Pretty simple. You just note which of the six cultists you found and dealt with, and whether or not the Agenda deck reached completion.

Scenario 3:

You randomly put four of the six Arkham Woods locations into play. You also randomly select one of four different "Agent" sets to shuffle into the encounter deck, representing the influence of more remote elements of the wider Mythos.

Spoilery bits: You start with one extra Doom for every two cultists that escaped the second scenario (rounded up). If you let the Agenda reach completion last time, you discard two random cards from your starting hand. And if you still haven't killed the Ghoul Priest, he goes back into the deck.

Resolution:

If everyone runs away or is defeated, the alien forces conspiring against you are victorious, everyone dies horribly, and Arkham becomes even less hospitable to sane human life. If you stop the ritual, everyone gets 5 xp and two mental trauma. If you banish the AO after it's been summoned, everyone gets a whopping 10 xp and two points of mental and physical trauma. You can also sacrifice Lita to the AO; you get the same rewards (and penalties) for banishing it, plus an extra Madness Basic Weakness for each investigator.

Okay, then.

Scenario 1:

You've already seen the setup by now, I imagine. You use the same bag from the Learn To Play booklet, and everyone starts locked in the Study.

Resolution:

Four possible endings. If you defeat the Ghoul Priest, you can either burn down your house to add Lita Chantler to your deck, or rebuff Lita (forfeiting your only chance to get her as an earned asset) to keep your house. If you manage to lose by agenda before unlocking the Parlour, everybody dies, and you have to choose new investigators for the next scenario (you still get Lita, since it's implied that your new team is a group she recruited between scenarios, and you keep your house--or rather you get to use your new group's house). Lastly, losing by default means you get to keep Lita and your house, but the Ghoul Priest survives to haunt you in future scenarios.

Regardless, everyone gets 2 xp (unless they died, of course).

Scenario 2:

You set up the nine Arkham locations and start at your house. Note that there are two copies each of Downtown and Southside; You choose one of each randomly, so you won't know what you'll find there until you actually visit. Also, for each investigator past the first, one location gets a starting Acolyte (Southside, Downtown, and the Graveyard, in that order).

Spoilery bits: If you burned down your house, its location is removed from the game (naturally) and you instead start at Rivertown. If you lost the first scenario, the Ghoul Priest gets shuffled into the deck.

Resolution:

Pretty simple. You just note which of the six cultists you found and dealt with, and whether or not the Agenda deck reached completion.

Scenario 3:

You randomly put four of the six Arkham Woods locations into play. You also randomly select one of four different "Agent" sets to shuffle into the encounter deck, representing the influence of more remote elements of the wider Mythos.

Spoilery bits: You start with one extra Doom for every two cultists that escaped the second scenario (rounded up). If you let the Agenda reach completion last time, you discard two random cards from your starting hand. And if you still haven't killed the Ghoul Priest, he goes back into the deck.

Resolution:

If everyone runs away or is defeated, the alien forces conspiring against you are victorious, everyone dies horribly, and Arkham becomes even less hospitable to sane human life. If you stop the ritual, everyone gets 5 xp and two mental trauma. If you banish the AO after it's been summoned, everyone gets a whopping 10 xp and two points of mental and physical trauma. You can also sacrifice Lita to the AO; you get the same rewards (and penalties) for banishing it, plus an extra Madness Basic Weakness for each investigator.

What cards makes the 2nd and 3rd encounter decks?

So are the "Agents of [X]" encounter sets specific to any scenario or are they more meant to throw into a scenario and increase the challenge?

The Agents modules are mainly for you to design your own scenarios for now, although one is added at random to one of the later adventures.

While I understand all things about copyrights and such, I'd like too to see a Campaign Guide PDF: since it's very unlikely that AH LCG gets a Brazilian Portuguese version, I'm doing a fan-translation of the books and cards (for players who loves Arkham Files, like me, but can't read English or any of the other language versions, like Spanish or such). Unfortunately, until my AH LCG copy arrives here, I can't do anything about the Campaign Guide :/