Sign in to follow this  
Giledhil

Let's try and use E-wing

I'm thinking that getting the most out of generics revolves around Sensor Jammer. Not a lot of 3 AGI ships can take Jammers, and they can save you from a lot of stuff. You can get 3 Knaves with Jammers and have some points leftover for stuff. There's a lot of combinations of 2-Ewings/2 A-wings you could mess around with.

I flew E-wings in a league challenge game where I had to fly 5 non-uniques.

Knave with FCS and R7 comes to 31. A pair of those with three Bandits comes to 98. I tacked on a couple Thread Tracers for good measure. It was fun, and modestly effective for a couple of games.

Stupid question by an unknowledgable newbie, what role is the E-Wing supposed to fill in a squad?

It's the Rebel version of the Arcdodging Super-ace. All the maneuverability, all the cool upgrades, all the point cost.

Problem is, the architype relies on PS (after corran, the next highest is PS5), Push the Limit (only the named pilots have EPTs) and Green maneuvers to clear PTL stress. (the Ewing is missing the green hard turn) The ships are priced linerally, but their actual effectiveness drops off far more dramatically than their price- and even Corran has gotten power-creep'd on.

Why don't we ever see such damming information about entire pilot selections for large ships huh?  

ffg stop buffing large ships.  

fix your crappy small ships. 

Stupid question by an unknowledgable newbie, what role is the E-Wing supposed to fill in a squad?

It's the Rebel version of the Arcdodging Super-ace. All the maneuverability, all the cool upgrades, all the point cost.

Problem is, the architype relies on PS (after corran, the next highest is PS5), Push the Limit (only the named pilots have EPTs) and Green maneuvers to clear PTL stress. (the Ewing is missing the green hard turn) The ships are priced linerally, but their actual effectiveness drops off far more dramatically than their price- and even Corran has gotten power-creep'd on.

Im looking forward to trying this ace hunting Etahn build. Move first, setup intercept and take a focus. Target lands in your Snap Shot zone, and you give them stress and acquire a target lock. Perhaps do some damage. Come combat phase, fire your torpedo for at least 2 hits and 2 crits. Oh and another stress.

Etahn A'baht (44) - E-Wing

Snap Shot (2)

R3-A2 (2)

Fire Control System (2)

Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)

Guidance Chips (0)

Why don't we ever see such damming information about entire pilot selections for large ships huh?  

ffg stop buffing large ships.  

fix your crappy small ships. 

Counterpoint: when was the last time you saw ORS, WSF or (looks it up) Eaton Vrill? Or even Lando?

The Ewing has the same problem the Intercepter had before Imperial Aces, for the same reasons- There's soontier fell, and... uh... some other guys. (ok, Tur Phenere is actually good, but it's because his ability allows him to skip PTL, meaning he could take VI instead)

There's no point taking eating a boat unless he has multiple ships to buff as his ability does not effect him....

I was under the impression that as it doesn't mention "another" or have a once per turn limit that his ability affected his attacks as well

"when an enemy ship inside your firing arc at range 1-3 is defending the attacker can change one hit to a crit"...

Yes, Etahn's ability affects himself.

I've said it before, but they should scum the generic E-wings and Interceptors and give 'em an EPT and knock off two points each. Anyway, I don't have three E-Wings, I only have two (why the second one? I haven't a clue; must of been on sale) but if I had to run three (imagine the gun to my head) I'd run:

3x Blackmoon Squadron Pilot, R7 Astromech, Fire Control System (99 points)

Here's my casual entry (35 points):

Knave Squadron Pilot - 27 pts

R2-D6 - 1 pt

If you want 3 to fit in 100pt, drop FCS or SnapShot to mirror only one of the two Defender titles.  If you drop SnapShot, swap out R2-D6 to a different Astromech.

You have to drop snap- r2d6 is unique

I've to disagree with the Etahn opinions- he's better than ever. Ghosts,Manaroo,ig's - many imperial ships don't like crits. He's so good at it, and has the ept and can be built as a cheap force multiplier with triple att. I've seen Crits turn games on their head. He often survives early game, unless overbuilt.

crack shot r4d6 fcs - punishing tank fcs optional

Juke jammer - this one is overbuilt - but one of the few places for it - couple with r3-a2 bb-8 or r2-d2

I tried my hand at incorporating the E-Wing into a squad that's built against two large ships. A bit specific, yes, but I'm flying vs. Scum tomorrow and have a hunch. Whatcha think?

================== [unnamed Squadron] ==================
squadron details 100 points
Pilots ------

Etahn A’baht (39) E-Wing (32), M9-G8 (3), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Crack Shot (1), Collision Detector (0), Guidance Chips (0)

Miranda Doni (40) K-Wing (29), Twin Laser Turret (6), C-3PO (3), Advanced SLAM (2)

Lieutenant Blount (21) Z-95 Headhunter (17), Advanced Homing Missiles (3), Calculation (1)