Sign in to follow this  
Giledhil

Let's try and use E-wing

Hi fellow pilots,

I kind of like the E-wings, and since FFG didn't bother to fix them already (but instead give us some more useless and boring version of an old PWT cow), let's try to use them anyway.
The thing is, I like being able to play generic ships, since every 3 to 6 ships patrol cannot include a top rebel ace...
So, I'd like you to propose some lists with one or more E-wing generic pilot; given they are overcopsted, that won't be tournament-aimed, but this should anymaway be a usable list with a correct chance of success in casual play. Unrealeased cards from previews are authorised.

Here's my first one : 

I like the A-wings also, and wanted to try Juke + Snap shot, but they get 21pts minimum with this, preventing to take 5 of them. And with 4, you get plenty of points left. So, why not try to squeeze an E-wing to lead the formation, with FCS to ensure a Corran-like double tap? 

REBEL INTERCEPTION SQUAD

100 points

37 points
Blackmoon Squadron Pilot
E-Wing
astromech.png
 R2-D6
system.png
 Fire-Control System
modification.png
 Hull Upgrade
talent.png
 Snap Shot
21 points
Green Squadron Pilot #1
A-Wing
title.png
 A-Wing Test Pilot
missile.png
 Chardaan Refit
talent.png
 Juke
talent.png
 Snap Shot
21 points
Green Squadron Pilot #2
A-Wing
title.png
 A-Wing Test Pilot
missile.png
 Chardaan Refit
talent.png
 Juke
talent.png
 Snap Shot
21 points
Green Squadron Pilot #3
A-Wing
title.png
 A-Wing Test Pilot
missile.png
 Chardaan Refit
talent.png
 Juke
talent.png
 Snap Shot

E-Wings are very useable - I run one al the time. It's 48 points and we call him Mr Horn (or 'that ****** who ran off and got all his shields back again')

What word don't you understand in my OP, is it "generic" or "casual" ?

What an endearing attitude you have - the fun and casual nature of your style just bleeds through the posts!

E-Wings are very useable - I run one al the time. It's 48 points and we call him Mr Horn (or 'that ****** who ran off and got all his shields back again')

What an endearing attitude you have - the fun and casual nature of your style just bleeds through the posts!

I'm just a bit tired by these know-all players who cant see outside of competitive lists. The point here is explicitely NOT using Horn, is it so hard not to post about him ?

Alright, I'll bite. 

Here's some classic rebel business: wingmate play, annoying regen, Big Explosions and Big Mustaches...

Knave Squadron Pilot (36)
E-Wing (27), R2-D2 (4), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Fire-Control System (2), Guidance Chips (0)

“Dutch” Vander (35)
Y-Wing (23), R2-D6 (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Twin Laser Turret (6), Guidance Chips (0), Draw Their Fire (1)

Biggs Darklighter (29)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Integrated Astromech (0)

decent amount of boom, but if dutch doesn't get his tl, then god help them all :)

If you lose the A-Wings, you can get two Blackmoons with FCS and R2 Astro, and also two Tala Squadron Pilots packing Homing Missiles and Guidance Chips. In that regard, if they go to focus an E-Wing down, chances are they'll eat a homing missile for their trouble, and if they go for the Z-95s all they'll net is 18 points while your more expensive ships open up on them. Clocks in at 100 points even, but if you're playing generics only initiative shouldn't matter as much.

Edited by Nyxen

It's the fact that's it was clearly a joke.

And the second part of my post pointed out that even as a casual list, the generic E-Wing is ****. You might as well take another GSP with crackshot.

My wife plays:

Corran Horn

-R2-D2

-PTL

-FCS

-Proton Torpedo

-Shield Upgrade

E'tanh Abath

-R2 Astro

-PTL

-Advanced Sensors

-Proton Torpedo

-Shield Upgrade

She knows it well and certainly knows how to surprise.

Reminds me of a list my friend had some success with....two defenders (pre-fix) maxed out. It seemed fun to fly to me, and I had played around on the list builder making one for the E-Wings. I might have to try it one day.

There's no point taking eating a boat unless he has multiple ships to buff as his ability does not effect him.

But my DD list had both pilots using their abilities Rexler let vessery reroll and shooting a target after vessery let Rexler flip hits into crits.

Corran and a boat have no synergy it's entirely one sided and once Corran is gone a boat is a terrible late game ship.

There's no point taking eating a boat unless he has multiple ships to buff as his ability does not effect him.

But my DD list had both pilots using their abilities Rexler let vessery reroll and shooting a target after vessery let Rexler flip hits into crits.

Corran and a boat have no synergy it's entirely one sided and once Corran is gone a boat is a terrible late game ship.

That's a fair point, It isn't great, but the max of three uses per turn makes it nearly as useful as if he was used in a 3 elite set up. Unfortunately the lack of E-wing pilots kind of push you towards him if you wanted to max out two E-wings, as he has the elite talent over the generics.

I was under the impression that as it doesn't mention "another" or have a once per turn limit that his ability affected his attacks as well

"when an enemy ship inside your firing arc at range 1-3 is defending the attacker can change one hit to a crit"

I love using Etahn with r2d2, vi, fcs and engine upgrade accompanied by Gemmer and Jake in a lucky 7s list they fly quite similar and all at ps7 helps.

Just don't try jousting, not fun times

Here's my casual entry (35 points):

Knave Squadron Pilot - 27 pts

R2-D6 - 1 pt

Fire Control System - 2 pts

Hull Upgrade - 3 pts

Snap Shot - 2 pts

Think of it as a Tie Defender with both X7 and D titles. Costed similar to a Defender with similar stat lines (no white K but does have white hard turns) and if up close, two shots. With Fire Control system you can simulate the free evade an X7 gets by taking an evade as an action and using FCS to modify attack dice (instead of the other way around) but can do it on 1s or 2s not just 3+.  Requires more planning up front.

If you want 3 to fit in 100pt, drop FCS or SnapShot to mirror only one of the two Defender titles.  If you drop SnapShot, swap out R2-D6 to a different Astromech.

Stupid question by an unknowledgable newbie, what role is the E-Wing supposed to fill in a squad?

You use the pilot cards as coasters so you don't leave drink rings on your game table.

Corran has a place, and Etahn is fun in Epic, but the generics are a universally poor choice when compared to lower-priced ships like T-70s.

Edited by Hawkstrike