Ruakar

Ships, Maps, Weapons

These are great! I'm putting together some ideas for an Age of Rebellion campaign that will include a U-Wing as a ship for the group. There seems to be very limited info on the interior at present. Do you think you might be able to come up with a deckplan for one? I like using minis for my games and even though it's a small ship, it's fun showing where people are on the ship during certain scenes.

Well if you watched the movie you'll recall there wasn't much to it. The U-wing interior was just one big cabin, the cockpit was just a raised area up front, and the rest was just an open area with folding seats and tie downs on the walls and latches and tie downs on the floor for installing additional seats or securing cargo.

Mechanically all you really gotta say is all the occupants of a U-wing are Engaged with each other and that's about it.....

On 2/15/2017 at 5:53 AM, matthew.j.hudson said:

These are great! I'm putting together some ideas for an Age of Rebellion campaign that will include a U-Wing as a ship for the group. There seems to be very limited info on the interior at present. Do you think you might be able to come up with a deckplan for one? I like using minis for my games and even though it's a small ship, it's fun showing where people are on the ship during certain scenes.

I have been thinking about that ship.   but its not high on my list at the moment,   I am a little backlogged on some larger ships that i have had on my desk for a month,  Currently working on the Tantive IV,  but i will defiantly do a U-wing.

These insane, but what kind of disturbs me is the shadow they cast. If you orient them another way, the shadows won#t match anymore. Especially if you have a few ships with mixed orientation, shadows are cast in different directions. Would you mind making them without that shadow, or make a psd version with a toggleable shadow layer?

I think i have said before i have a lady outlaw tech in the group i run on Saturdays,  She has a pretty interesting weapon that i just had to try and draw because it is so unique.   She sort of made her own bo rifle with out seeing rebels.   The rifle started out as a E11- sniper rifle.  and then she found some vibro ax parts,  she was mounting the blade on the rifle like a bayonet with the "serrated edge mod"  In talking to her i suggested finding a power supply that might power the blade and get its damage back up to that of a vibro axe in close quarters,  Well we also have an archaeologist/smuggler in our group,  Often thought of as the less scrupulous Indiana Jones of the group..  She had a broken lightsaber found on an expedition,   Well with some tinkering the outlaw tech was able to integrate the saber handel and the powersupply into her vibro axe Long rifle.  and we have been calling it her "Gun Glaive" 

sorry for not posting any artwork sooner,  RL contract work has been very demanding.  however i can promise that the deck plans for my Tantive IV are coming very soon.

Gun_Glaive_zpsn4ol4tkv.png

Gun_Glaive_forms_zpsu4hns18g.png

You guys might remember the Sail Barge i was doing a while back.   Today i did floor one of the interior and its not finished with this yet,  and not the items i want on the interior,  I just wanted to see how some crates and cabling on the floor and see how it looked.  There are also no doors on any of the doorways :)  When its finished i will upload it with out backgrounds in my usual manner.   

barge_Int_zpsbce55lyw.png

49 minutes ago, MasterZelgadis said:

Do you create the "items" (seats, beds, consoles, ...) by yourself or is there a source where you can get them?

I make all the items.   The only thing that is not mine is the storm trooper token and the credit goes to a friend of mine...  Kai Lim who does concepts for Fantasy flight and a few other publications,   if you dont know his work check him out.  The guys amazing.   here is his Deviant art page...    http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/   the image below is from some stuff he was doing for the card game (obviously).   im not sure how the rights work but i know some of his artwork has ended up in the Fantasy flight RPG's for star wars too,   he didnt even know when i mentioned it to him  heh.

My page also,   http://ruak.deviantart.com/gallery/  thought what i put up there is pretty limited and not extensive.  

Stim Armour

Nice work again. Now I can use that for the meeting with a Hutt crimelord of my liking, if it goes awry (doesn't it always).

I'd love to see your take on some of the more in game popular ships, like the YT-series. The Millenium FaLcon floorplan should give you some pointers.

@Ruakar could you try your hand at the aggressor assault fighter in no disintegrations.  ND says 2 crew, 8 passengers, and 20 enc of cargo.  I looked on colonial Chrome and he had one that looked like 2 crew no passengers and *maybe* 15-25 enc of cargo (he said his concept was "police car")

Hello , is there a way you can reupload them in a zip file , since june 26 , you need to pay 99$ to see images that you upload on photobucket so if you can reupload them it in one file it could be very cool

So i recently found this thread but all the images are shut down by Photobucket, do you intend to re-upload or is that the end of awesome ship floor plans?

This is because Photo bucket wants to charge you for linking your stuff to other sites. It is bad enough that when you load your photobucket page you are bombarded with pop-ups and can hardly navigate the page, and it is too big of a chore to even log in anymore.

On another note: Ruak has not posted anything for quite a while, he must just be busy with his work. I love the stuff he does as well as everyone else here and hope to see him post something new soon.  Here is a link if you want to see the missing art in this thread. Ruak7's Photobucket

Dang. 

Been super busy with RL work and haven't goten to do any more maps for Star wars.   I was also UNAWARE that photobucket wont link my images anymore..   Bah!   supper sorry everyone,  I will start putting all my old maps and ships up on Pinterest and link to them there for anyone to grab.   

Your stuff is absolutely fantastic! It'd be amazing if you could get a new hosting solution, as the tokens are so freaking awesome. I would say the one issue with pinterest is they're all .jpg so they don't have any transparency, which is very useful for roll20 campaigns