Ruakar

Ships, Maps, Weapons

Had some time this weekend,  At the point i was almost finished with the VCX....  I realized a few things were bothering me so did a little more looking, did some investigating and come to the conclusion my original drawing for it was way to small.   In my mind i had thought it was roughly the same size as a YT-1300, was i wrong!   So  i started over..  Here is as far as i got over Sunday.  

Pleaes keep in mind this is not the "ghost" from rebels.   but loosely based on it.  I will show the other floor's later this week as well as finish the lighting in the interiors.  (why the exterior is pixelated is because of the size change,  I will also get to that later)

ghost_zpsv0jnm3xi.png

Very nice, Ruakar! 

Yeah, the VCX-100 is a decent bit bigger than a YT-1300, but it was pretty hard to know about that fact (at least for me) while watching Rebels. It was only when FFG released the X-Wing miniature for it that the size difference really became apparent to me. So don't worry, you weren't alone in that regard, Ruakar.

Can't wait for the rest of the ship!

Gorgeous work, as always, Ruakar.... looking forward to the final product.

Did you get my PM (with the link), by the way?

Thanks and i did.   I will try to hit you up tomorrow with some ideas!  :)   Had i finished the VCX I then wanted to finish a Gozanti i have been playing with for a little while!   I need it for an upcoming game of my own!  grrr  not enough time in the day!   Here's how its going.

Gozanti2_Deck_Plans_TEMP_zps310gktwj.png

Fantastic work yet again Ruakar :) I've loved the VCX since the beginning of Star Wars Rebels but could never quite visualise the internal layout from what we see on screen!!

Right???   i have taken multiple pics of different scenes..  and having worked some in movies and TV in my earlier years.  I know on sets they dont usually have a direct 1-1 floor plan.  

I have seen in the Rebels show a re-use of the main corridor to describe the space where the Phantom is docked "butt end first" connecting it to the ghost with the hatch up.   Also if the ladder to connect to that corridor is in the common area of the ghost...  the only way to exit the phantom when docked nose first is through the docking collar in the middle of the Phantom,  which puts that ladder near the middle or back of the Galley...  

(spoilers) In one particular show when Maul has the crew held captive in the common area, they enter the + section to drop down from that ladder "after removing a panel"  to a room Hera calls  "the engine room"  which is the exact same + section between the main cargo bay and another door which in my drawing i assume is the real engine room.  The show doesn't have to address these issues, nor should they have to,  its about the narrative.  however this is why i have said  "inspired by the Ghost"  :)

I am happy to post my template image i made later that shows the reasons i have made some of these changes.  

Fantastic work yet again Ruakar :) I've loved the VCX since the beginning of Star Wars Rebels but could never quite visualise the internal layout from what we see on screen!!

Right???   i have taken multiple pics of different scenes..  and having worked some in movies and TV in my earlier years.  I know on sets they dont usually have a direct 1-1 floor plan.  

I have to admit I've taken no screen shots of the interior of the Ghost... This is probably where I've gone wrong :)

Loving the Gozanti as well... I've got an ex heavy who was previously working for a local Hutt that has just set himself up as a travelling black market trader using one of these... Great work yet again!

Really love the Gozanti, Ruakar. Gorgeous work as always, I really think FFG should make a starship and vehicle book, then hire you to do a deck plan for every vehicle big enough to need one.

Keep it up! :)

Thank you so much Rogue.   Roll 20 has offered to show some of my work (the non star wars stuff) but i have been nervous about contacting fantasy flight.  I really appreciate your support and the other SW fans, so i will keep making artwork for you guys!  So much appreciation for you guys!

No problem, Ruakar. I think those of us who have seen your work will always appreciate it, and the splendid contribution you've been making to the community by posting it for our perusal.

Also, it's nice to hear that you're getting some recognition - Roll20 is a good site, it's where I host my games so I can play with my old gaming group after moving to a different town (they're a six-hour drive distant now, so it's really nice to have some way I can still play with such a fun group).

No problem, Ruakar. I think those of us who have seen your work will always appreciate it, and the splendid contribution you've been making to the community by posting it for our perusal.

Also, it's nice to hear that you're getting some recognition - Roll20 is a good site, it's where I host my games so I can play with my old gaming group after moving to a different town (they're a six-hour drive distant now, so it's really nice to have some way I can still play with such a fun group).

Hey,  keep me in mind if you ever start a new one.   To this day i have only gotten to GM and never been a player.   so sad...  :)

I've actually been thinking of starting a new campaign early next year, so I'll definitely hit you up when I get everything finalized to see if you're still interested. I plan to set the game in the Tion Cluster, since most of those worlds aren't explored, so I have a lot of freedom to map out the planets however I want or need.

These are what is making me starting one with my group possible. The people I play with are more visual, it was hard enough to get them on a PC to play but with no maps or visuals that look good they are kinda against it.  I was big on making terrain for D&D and such which was amazing thought with several of them moving and not able to make a drive to our usual place that makes things hard. These truly help.  Thank you so much for these images.

Fantastic work, Ruakar, and thanks for providing these for the community.  I would echo the comments about Roll20; if you put together scifi themed packs for Urban, Bases and Frontier, I'd absolutely buy them :)  1x1 2x2 4x4 6x6 tiles and various lengths of walls, etc, with overlay 'tattoos' we can place would be fantastic.  I run games on a battleboard (miniatures on a generated digital floorplan)  and it's great.

Anyway, thanks again.

Its been a while...  sorry everyone,  Life and work have been busy,  Yesterday i decided to do some map making and did a detailed map based off the Star Wars Rebels Imperial pProduction Facility.   My players are planning an infiltration into the dome heh...    I had to reduce the size of the image for posting,   sorry for the Low rez.

LPFT_small_zpsier6dav8.png