Ruakar

Ships, Maps, Weapons

Awesome, I can't wait to use them in the game I play in. You have three of my favorite ships here. HWK 1000, Citadel class, and the B-Wing. Please keep them coming, love your work.

I still need to do some flight modes for the B-Wing and firesprey.   thankfully my players havent been too interested in those two ships yet so they are pretty low priority at this point.

I have a game to GM on Wednesday, so this morning i drew a Sail Barge,  This is not Jaba's, In fact this one has a salvage crane on its deck rather than a gun and its used by a group of scavengers my players are aligned with (rather tentatively).  This is just the base "Barge"  I am going to do some extra art work for the crane, entrance to the lower decks as well as some deck plans,  It may or may not have a Sail,  but i have considered doing the sail just to give to the community.

I hope it comes in useful to others.  Side note.  it started as a joke, but my scavengers might start a "Sail Barge race"   I picture my players on one,  Scavengers on the other racing at a break neck speed of 10 mph shouting insults back and forth.  

Barge_drop_zpsi7dqwvt5.png

Edited by Ruakar

I got back tonight and did a Sail and a crane.   The Crane is for the Salvage Barge, just drop it on the deck anywhere you wish and it should look pretty cool,   If you rotate it to either 3 or 9 O'clock the shadow will look a little odd as it goes off the barge.  Lastly i did one sail,  Just drop on two if you want it to look like Jaba's   Side note..  the crane can be used for pretty much anything, not just for the Barge.

Barge_sail_drop_zpsaouynnvi.png

Barge_Crane_drop_zpsofwumdj2.png

interesting you ask that,   I have made it a personal goal to add something new to this topic once a day.   Today i wanted to add a new hull for a YT-2400   my own personal favorite.   I had done one initially because it was my favorite but i was unsatisfied with it.   Today i spent 3 hours doing another (minus the deckplans)  here is as far as i got and its obviously not finished.  The internal tech type stuff needs to be worked out.   And then some new deckplans.   Considering this is a popular ship i wanted to do at least a couple options.  

To Clerify..   the "hull"  as i call them, for the YT-2400,   took 3 hours to do the line art and shading to make.   at least to the state you see there.   the interior would take about the same amount of time.   The bigger the craft the longer the time of course.

YT_2400_02_zpsqyeel8xy.png

Edited by Ruakar

Awesome work here, thanks for sharing!

I'm new running SW:EoE/FaD just 1 session under my belt with wife and kids, vet DnD DM though.

What program are you using for your map making? With DnD I made custom tiles in Photoshop for movement purposes but with this SW RPG the hex/square base maps/tiles are not needed and would love to draw up something like you did few posts ago. 

Are you using PS and creating different layers for buildings?

The one city map looks like Mos Eisley from SW Galaxies MMO, almost to a tee. Great Work!

Have to admit I've always loved the YT-2400 myself, great looking ship! I almost gave one to my players as a starting ship but decided it was too nice for them & they'd have to earn it if they wanted one :) As it's turned out they've fallen love with The Echo Rising (Dynamic Class Freighter) & are not planning on changing ships... unless they have to.

That's a fairly hefty investment in time to get your ships & deckplans sorted out... Especially considering the time spent actually writing their adventures as well. I know I usually put at least 5 or 6 hours of work into prepping each of my gaming sessions! Looking at your work tho man it's well worth the effort :)

Oh and... I actually finished a deck plan for The Echo Rising that I'm happy with. It's only a rough sketch at the moment (I'll draw a neat version out for my PCs on graph paper) but I'm happy with the layout... Took about 5 attempts tho :)

Have to admit I've always loved the YT-2400 myself, great looking ship! I almost gave one to my players as a starting ship but decided it was too nice for them & they'd have to earn it if they wanted one :) As it's turned out they've fallen love with The Echo Rising (Dynamic Class Freighter) & are not planning on changing ships... unless they have to.

That's a fairly hefty investment in time to get your ships & deckplans sorted out... Especially considering the time spent actually writing their adventures as well. I know I usually put at least 5 or 6 hours of work into prepping each of my gaming sessions! Looking at your work tho man it's well worth the effort :)

Oh and... I actually finished a deck plan for The Echo Rising that I'm happy with. It's only a rough sketch at the moment (I'll draw a neat version out for my PCs on graph paper) but I'm happy with the layout... Took about 5 attempts tho :)

if you want   send a rendition to ruakar@gmail.com and i will see what i can do to help.   either way your players are lucky and also they are silly to not want at yt-2400...   that would be my ship of choice as a player...

If your sure man... That would be brilliant!! Like I say it's a scruffy first draft at the moment but I think u could get the general idea.

And yes... They are stupid (in more ways then one sometimes :)), as a player I'd live a 2400!!

If your sure man... That would be brilliant!! Like I say it's a scruffy first draft at the moment but I think u could get the general idea.

And yes... They are stupid (in more ways then one sometimes :)), as a player I'd live a 2400!!

Some Progress on Ace's Idea for their Freighter.    Enjoy.  (yes not yet finished)

The%20Echo%20Rising_zpsukjgfdlm.png