Sign in to follow this  
grillepainman

Why the useless base?

I have bigger issues with the quality of the minis than the bases. The bases I can deal with and actually afford some opportunities for customization versus the small bases we get with most minis. I just wish that the quality of the miniatures on the base was on par with their other games.

I'm tempted to drop the MoM miniatures altogether. There are some flat plastic miniatures on kickstarter that might be a good replacement.

I really dislike the Minis and the stands, i mean the large bases are almost bigger than one tile!, i just use the Tokens and also a Chart i printed off, i just wish we could buy a version without the minis as i bet most of the cost is the minis.

I think the mini issue most likely is a result of re-using molds from 1st ed

As to the bases, considering this base type covers so many different games, I cannot see them altering it as it could impact the other games people have collected. I think the multi-game bases idea is great but the design of them in reality left a lot to be desired, but changing it now would have too many effects for FFG to consider it.

Many people who are really opposed to the bases just buy laser-cut clear acrylic smaller alternatives via ebay and carry on enjoying the game

Does anyone know the sizes of the clear bases you would need for each figure type? Or the glue you would use with those kinds of plastics? Edited by smytty94

As to the bases, considering this base type covers so many different games, I cannot see them altering it as it could impact the other games people have collected. I think the multi-game bases idea is great but the design of them in reality left a lot to be desired, but changing it now would have too many effects for FFG to consider it.

Many people who are really opposed to the bases just buy laser-cut clear acrylic smaller alternatives via ebay and carry on enjoying the game

Does anyone know the sizes of the clear bases you would need for each figure type? Or the glue you would use with those kinds of plastics?
Sadly not but I'm interested, most glues affect the clear plastic bases.

Does anyone know the sizes of the clear bases you would need for each figure type? Or the glue you would use with those kinds of plastics?

I ordered pre-drilled bases from eBay, and they came with this helpful sheet: http://imgur.com/a/brrgw I used superglue, but just because it's what I had.  A bit messy, as the nozzle was way too big, but still better than the massive black bases.

Edited by pxl

A technical note for those of you using clear plastic bases. Superglue (Cyanoacrylate) does tend to fog clear acrylic. and application of Future, a floor polish in the US (Pledge One-Go in Australia) willl remove the fogging effect.

Apply it by dipping the entire base into a container large enough to accommodate it, then hang it to allow the excess to drip off. It should leave the clear acrylic, bright and shiny and fog free. It can also be sprayed on with an Airbrush, or painted on manually.

Future is a polyester type floor polish and dries clear and extremely shiny. It is particularly good for giving your Mythos creatures a slimy looking protective coat! 

*WARNING* Future is a dust magnet. Make sure your workspace is clean and if possible, cover the models with a plastic container or similar while they hang to dry.

I finally got around to ordering some new bases.  I have to say I do not regret it at all.  They already look a LOT better.
I am using super glue too, and as long as you use a tiny amount, you'll hardly notice the fogging.

HaCyo2W.jpg?1