Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarer Took

City of the Corsairs

An end of another great cycle.

We don't know the hero in this pack, right? It should be tac if each sphere gets 2 heroes for a deluxe and the following cycle as always.

we do.  it was spoiled in the official announcement article

EDIT:  here's the link https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/8/the-city-of-corsairs/

Edited by dr00

4 allies, right? The Spirit Dúnadan and three Gondorians. Eager to see all of them. Then there should be the Leadership event with Tactics extra effect, a nice Gondor flavour judging by the picture from the article. I certainly hope the guy with the spoilers arrives here soon.

It makes me kind of sad knowing that this is probably going to be the last time we ever see the sailing keyword.

yeah these sailing quests have been some of the best things to happen to the game in a while imo.

also, the Race Across Harad quest, it seems that everyone will be travelling atop their own Mumak that seem to work similarly mechanic-wise to the ships we have from The Grey Havens (except they are all likely all the same stats/conditions/etc.)

it'll be interesting to see if they ever try to revisit (and how they do it). that mumakil quest seems like a good attempt

I just wanna know what that knight does.

Don't we all? :)

I also want to know that 3 wp spirit gal's text.

I must have missed this - what 3-willpower spirit (Dunedain?) ally?
[spoiler] Edited by dr00

I'm in Bradenton, FL for another week.

Can't seem to find a store online that sells lotr lcg in town.

Are there any?

I've looked on bgg, but the posts about this area are from 2007.

Not too reliable.

Sarasota & Brandon will also do, but the store websites mostly suck :/

Would love to bring home the last 2 ap's before they are available in holland.

Edited by Noccus

It makes me kind of sad knowing that this is probably going to be the last time we ever see the sailing keyword.

I'm kind of glad for it.

Don't worry I'm with you on this one. Sailing was definitely cool but fell flat for me. Really don't see myself going back to those quests very often. 

I'm kind of glad for it.

Don't worry I'm with you on this one. Sailing was definitely cool but fell flat for me. Really don't see myself going back to those quests very often. 

I have enjoyed the sailing quests, but it just isn't a mechanic that is generic enough to be translated over to broader applications.  Things like battle/siege questing, Time or side quests can be used in just about any setting so will probably keep creeping up from time to time.  Hopefully, some of the other mechanics from this cycle will make re-appearances though... like some of the location stuff.

I kinda like sailing, but it seems that they missed the boat (so to speak) with some of the allies (like the new Gondor ally who should help with sailing, but gives the wrong ability). My main problem with sailing quests is that the boats are immune to traps and the enemies attack you directly. So a whole deck type is gone. Just when I decided to try it out. Poo. :)

I kinda like sailing, but it seems that they missed the boat (so to speak) with some of the allies (like the new Gondor ally who should help with sailing, but gives the wrong ability). My main problem with sailing quests is that the boats are immune to traps and the enemies attack you directly. So a whole deck type is gone. Just when I decided to try it out. Poo. :)

finally, Ithilien Archer has a use!

not sure how useful it is tbh, but it's an option i noticed. it's kind of fiddly, so i haven't really tried it out yet.

i agree with your assessment about the archetype not being particularly viable for the quest, but i disagree that it's a bad thing. i actually don't agree with the 'one deck to rule them all', but now we're digressing.

i really enjoy the sailing quests. the main thing i liked about it was everyone having this ship with their own unique stats, all with sentinel, one with ranged, so they could help other players in need, and all with unique abilities to tailor towards towards their decks. like i said upthread, some of these features are represented in the Race Across Harad quest, with every player riding on their own Mumak

I did try the archer, but it's otherwise not such a great card. Plus I never seemed to draw it.

Well, yes, I don't really think there is one deck to rule anything, nor should there be. I was just sad that I finally built a trap deck and then realised my next few scenarios to play negated it. :(  The Noldor deck it's paired with goes solo on those quests.