Sign in to follow this  
nickv2002

2016 Star Wars: Imperial Assault Regional Prizes - Lando

, while others give out the minimum required and keep 30+ cards for themselves to sell later. 

There are many things that retailers can not do with components of the Prize Kits.

Sell them, is one of them.

Then out of curiosity, how is Lando (and the scum cards) already on Ebay?

Trust me, these retailers sell the **** out of kits which is BS, but they do.

~D

Some of the regionals started a week ago

, while others give out the minimum required and keep 30+ cards for themselves to sell later.

There are many things that retailers can not do with components of the Prize Kits.

Sell them, is one of them.

Then out of curiosity, how is Lando (and the scum cards) already on Ebay?

Trust me, these retailers sell the **** out of kits which is BS, but they do.

~D

I know my local store doesn't at least (Kirton games) they normally give the extra promos out at other events if I remember correctly.

Careful tarnishing all with the same brush, it's likely a limited fw

Yeah, our local gaming store (Highlander Games in Boonton, NJ...best store EVER, btw!) is always giving away extra promos from previous events and kits.  

I do wish that FFG OP would make it very clear what the bare minimum prizes are to be for the various finishers, though.  Trophy for champion, trackers for Top 4, etc.  Sometimes in my experience the distribution of prizes has been a little bit more loosey-goosey than that.  I remember in one event that I went to (a SC I think), I won it but the owners/TOs gave out part of my prize to the lower finishers "to make it more fair"...yes, I'm all for fairness, but I think that fairness means distributing the prizes in the way that they were actually advertised.  It wasn't a huge deal in the end, but it was also moderately annoying because I didn't get all the prizes that I was supposed to get.  Certainly, the reason I play is for fun and new friends and the thrill of competition...but at the same time, it's still kind of annoying to have to go and buy on Ebay something that I really should've had from my tournament.

I do wish that FFG OP would make it very clear what the bare minimum prizes are to be for the various finishers, though.  Trophy for champion, trackers for Top 4, etc.  

They Do.

Its (generally) listed on the Op Prizes page...   

Trophy to Top 1:

Cool Prize to Top 2:

Less Cool but still okay to Top 4:

Handouts to Top 16:

etc, etc, etc.

Those are minimum prize distributions.

By FFG OPs own policy on those, those can be modified - but only if all tournament participants are notified in advance (usually as signup).

In both cases, giving out less than the minimum, and/or selling on the Goods - is the fastest way for you to lose "Good Standing" Status as a Store.

When Good Standing Status is lost...  Not only can it mean revocation or renegotiation of prices on non-related FFG Product, it can mean an outright Ban on any FFG OP Product.

Not to say that FFG's policies are Zero-Tolerance on the subject - they are Robustly Investigative - and the whole point of FFG OP is to offer a "consistent" play experience no matter where you should go for Competitions.

I do wish that FFG OP would make it very clear what the bare minimum prizes are to be for the various finishers, though.  Trophy for champion, trackers for Top 4, etc.  

They Do.

Its (generally) listed on the Op Prizes page...   

Trophy to Top 1:

Cool Prize to Top 2:

Less Cool but still okay to Top 4:

Handouts to Top 16:

etc, etc, etc.

Those are minimum prize distributions.

By FFG OPs own policy on those, those can be modified - but only if all tournament participants are notified in advance (usually as signup).

In both cases, giving out less than the minimum, and/or selling on the Goods - is the fastest way for you to lose "Good Standing" Status as a Store.

When Good Standing Status is lost...  Not only can it mean revocation or renegotiation of prices on non-related FFG Product, it can mean an outright Ban on any FFG OP Product.

Not to say that FFG's policies are Zero-Tolerance on the subject - they are Robustly Investigative - and the whole point of FFG OP is to offer a "consistent" play experience no matter where you should go for Competitions.

Yes, I'm aware of that (at least the first part of the post, above the "...").  The reason I posted is because it seems difficult to enforce this in the actual store.  I don't want to be "that guy," the guy who selfishly says, "Look, I ain’t in this for your revolution. I’m not in it for you Princess. I expect to be well paid. I’m in it for the money."  It seems to me like the best thing is simply for me to quietly talk with the TO afterward so that hopefully things can be better in the future; guess I'm just venting because I shouldn't have to do that in the first place.