Sign in to follow this  
teajay33

Rogue One

I imagine we'll get something.  It would've been nice to have it tie in with the movie, but unless we're getting a small Wave 7 Type of thing, I think we'll have to wait until after the Endor/Death Star small box.

Haha yes, but I wouldn't mind seeing things like dark troopers and shore troopers in the game. Not to mention folks like the main cast

I'm sick of new variants of Stormtroopers.  It is all a merchandising ploy.  If death troopers had existed, then they would have been with Darth Vader in Episode IV.  Sand Troopers and "Snow" Troopers have special environmental suits.  There is no reason for yet another more different stormtrooper.  I'm already sighing with disgust at these jet troopers.  There is currently Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Heavy Stormtroopers, Jet Troopers, and ISB infiltrators, and there is no doubt in anyone's mind it won't be long before we have Scout Troopers.  How many more "troops" are needed?  I would rather have stormtroopers with different poses if they are darned and determined to make more miniatures for me to buy.

Edited by Rikalonius

Haha yes, but I wouldn't mind seeing things like dark troopers and shore troopers in the game. Not to mention folks like the main cast

I'm sick of new variants of Stormtroopers.  It is all a merchandising ploy.  If death troopers had existed, then they would have been with Darth Vader in Episode IV.  Sand Troopers and "Snow" Troopers have special environmental suits.  There is no reason for yet another more different stormtrooper.  I'm already sighing with disgust at these jet troopers.  There is currently Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Heavy Stormtroopers, Jet Troopers, and ISB infiltrators, and there is no doubt in anyone's mind it won't be long before we have Scout Troopers.  How many more "troops" are needed?  I would rather have stormtroopers with different poses if they are darned and determined to make more miniatures for me to buy.

They play differently, though.  So I much prefer this manner of buffing the imperial ranks rather than having "Stormtrooper A" with attack rerolls, "Stormtrooper B" with decreased range/increased damage, "Stormtrooper C" with regeneration, etc.  At least they're different in appearance and have clear roles.

I'm sick of new variants of Stormtroopers.

I couldn’t disagree more!

Especially in a game called Imperial Assault.

I’d rather have more trooper variation over mercenary troops any day. 

Edited by Armandhammer

Yeah, why the hate for variety? Isn't that a big part of what makes games like this fun? :D

Yeah, why the hate for variety? Isn't that a big part of what makes games like this fun? :D

To paraphrase Yoda, at some point variety leads to stupid decision making, which leads to broken games.  Look at Star Wars Miniatures.  Tons of variety, lots of stupidity.  I'll admit FFG has been orders of magnitude better then WOTC, but let's keep it that way and not release superfluous characters.  I suppose as long as things are priced fairly, I can live with it.

I'm afraid I simply disagree.  The galaxy is huge, and take a lot of specialization to subjugate the way the Empire has.  Look at any current military (which, by the way, just needs to adhere to the environment of a single, non space-faring planet).  Do we have a single type of soldier?  Or is there variety and specialization?

I get that the classic white stormtroopers are the most iconic, by a mile.  But, well, that's why they were included in the Core Campaign, and also why they even then got their own figure packs (with different poses, just for you!)

all my stormtroopers look the same, except I did have one that was pointing his gun to the sky, it looked like the glue got warped.  Just one though.

Honestly, knowing their accuracy, that's probably the most accurate stormtrooper sculpt of all.  

(I know, they aren't as bad as people say.  It's a joke, folks.)

all my stormtroopers look the same, except I did have one that was pointing his gun to the sky, it looked like the glue got warped.  Just one though.

Honestly, knowing their accuracy, that's probably the most accurate stormtrooper sculpt of all.  

Actually, I think it's rather funny that the core base Stormtrooper gets to reroll so much. Let's be honest, Stormtroopers should have an initial -2 accuracy no? LoL

~D

Actually, I think it's rather funny that the core base Stormtrooper gets to reroll so much. Let's be honest, Stormtroopers should have an initial -2 accuracy no? LoL

~D

It's a shame that their plot hampering has turned them into almost a Red-shirt trope.  They were written to be elite shock troops.  Now we have to have "death troopers" to replace what Stormtroopers were supposed to be.  Now we have space-krotty and a guy with a wooden stick dispatching stormtroopers like the most ineffectual of mooks.  Double that for Rebels were the keystone cops are more intimidating than the badly animated Stormtroopers.  They may as well just start saying, "roger roger" to each other, such is the ineptitude they are currently rendered at.

Edited by Rikalonius

Rogue One is excellent source material for this game. With that said, maybe finish up the game using the source material from 30-40 years ago. We still need that RANCOR!

I know, right? I was watching the latest trailer and thinking - "I've done that in Imperial Assault!"  :D

A StormTrooper.

100% Hit Rate.

100% Canon.

To be fair, those stun rings take up the whole hallway.  Pretty hard to miss with that.

New Stormtrooper strategy- use stun rays to paralyze targets, then just shoot their limp bodies.

And yet, you cannot spend a surge for Stun with either Stormtrooper.

Did you even WATCH the movies before you designed this game FFG?!?!?!

A StormTrooper.

100% Hit Rate.

100% Canon.

To be fair, those stun rings take up the whole hallway.  Pretty hard to miss with that.

New Stormtrooper strategy- use stun rays to paralyze targets, then just shoot their limp bodies.

And yet, you cannot spend a surge for Stun with either Stormtrooper.

Did you even WATCH the movies before you designed this game FFG?!?!?!

I'm pretty sure the troopers that stormed the Tantive were from the 501st legion.

So we're talking elite stormtroopers here. They had the "imperial industry" reward card attached  :D

I'm sick of new variants of Stormtroopers...

LOL... You then never played/read the old West End Games RPG... In one book you had more variants of troopers than we got in IA until now.