Ardaedhel

Days Since We Last Had To Make Up Rules As We Went Along: 0

I expect it tomorrow actually. Along with worlds prize preview, then squads from conflict Friday.

I didn't realize how desperately a FAQ was needed until I looked at the calendar and realized worlds was like 3 weeks away.

Hey, we received our FFG love allocation for the month. No more complaining!

Getting old, isn't it?

Kinda speaks to how long it's been since we started asking these questions.

3 1/2 months

4 1/2 months

5 months

Over 5 months

Granted, some have been answered in emails (not binding, and with a history of reversal), but even so--with Worlds coming up in, what, three weeks now?  To have upgrades that we just outright don't know how they work?? (lookin at you, Fire Control)

That is poor support.

I don't understand the delay. I mean that sincerely, I actually don't know why it hasn't happened yet. Could they really not have committed to how the rules were supposed to work? Surely that's been known all along. There has to be someone who could take, generously, half a Friday afternoon at the office to type a couple updates into the FAQ and errata docs.

Edited by pasewi

I don't understand the delay. I mean that sincerely, I actually don't know why it hasn't happened yet. Could they really not have committed to how the rules were supposed to work? Surely that's been known all along. There has to be someone who could take, generously, half a Friday afternoon at the office to type a couple updates into the FAQ and errata docs.

Well, thats the thing.

I have been told, directly, that there was a procedure.

And then the Merger Happened.

And then there was no procedure.

And indeed, for a lot of things, like Rules Answers, there was a big change and a big set of "picking up the pieces" that had to happen.  and is still happening.

Well, thats the thing.

I have been told, directly, that there was a procedure.

And then the Merger Happened.

And then there was no procedure.

And indeed, for a lot of things, like Rules Answers, there was a big change and a big set of "picking up the pieces" that had to happen.  and is still happening.

Which I get. A shakeup like that is going to give anybody problems, particularly if, as seems to be the case, Michael is essentially alone in doing this.

But that's the problem: that Michael is essentially alone in doing this. From what I can see, this is not an issue with him, but with the resources allocated to the Armada team. In my opinion, supporting your current product needs to take priority over committing to future products. This unreasonably long delay in supporting current product, as awesome as it is to have new content in the pipeline, indicates an allocation of resources by higher headquarters that I disagree with, and that I think bodes poorly for the future of the game if not corrected.

Lots of content is great.

Lots of content with no backend support is great too, but not for very long.

Not to mention the lack of support AND a 25-33℅ price hike (in some cases much higher than that - see the prices for VSD's on Amazon vs pre-summer). It is bad enough for price hikes, worse to have it paired with worse support.

Not to mention the lack of support AND a 25-33℅ price hike (in some cases much higher than that - see the prices for VSD's on Amazon vs pre-summer). It is bad enough for price hikes, worse to have it paired with worse support.

Eh, that is a Known factor, the prices...  And is (apparently) part of a long time strategy to (attempt to) assist there remaining competitive Brick-and-Mortar stores.

Because, y'know, Amazon isn't open to everyone.  Discounts are not open to everyone...  If you want to talk about Fair and Price Hikes, come up here and pay Canadian Retail for a While....

I mean for those of us who primarily bought from our FLGS, the prices haven't changed. Online you can still find the occasional big sale, but the % discount has definitely been getting worse overall.

Eh, that is a Known factor, the prices...  And is (apparently) part of a long time strategy to (attempt to) assist there remaining competitive Brick-and-Mortar stores.

Because, y'know, Amazon isn't open to everyone.  Discounts are not open to everyone...  If you want to talk about Fair and Price Hikes, come up here and pay Canadian Retail for a While....

You misspelled "money grab thinly disguised as helping the local game store"

FFG has already said we should be happy to pay more, because it means we value the product more. Rep said they don't want people who try to get games at a discount to be their customers.

It would be easy to write that off as a one-off, but the neglect/disdain they show for support now might be telling.

You misspelled "money grab thinly disguised as helping the local game store"

FFG has already said we should be happy to pay more, because it means we value the product more. Rep said they don't want people who try to get games at a discount to be their customers.

It would be easy to write that off as a one-off, but the neglect/disdain they show for support now might be telling.

4aee5737f48eab9e8cb6db02bfa99554ed1fe9ae

Companies exist to make money. Though, it would be nice to be able to actually play some of the latest wave without having to deal with table rules debates

Edited by SoonerTed

Which is more "Unfair"?

Losing a hefty Discount,

or looking on, never having had the Discount in the first place?  :D

On this subject, I am very bitter, jaded, and biased...

While I sympathize with you...

By all accounts, your (erstwhile?) countrymen seem to have it even worse... :(

Which is more "Unfair"?

Losing a hefty Discount,

or looking on, never having had the Discount in the first place?   :D

Oh, half of my Rage on the situation is very well grounded in the 28 years of living in Australia that I did...

Which is more "Unfair"?

Losing a hefty Discount,

or looking on, never having had the Discount in the first place?   :D

Oh, half of my Rage on the situation is very well grounded in the 28 years of living in Australia that I did...

raw.gif

You know I jest. It makes me sad Armada isn't available and affordable to all. That's why if I am elected president of the United States I will anex the rest of the world, and make sure shipping companies don't go bankrupt, and that everyone has a chance to buy plastic spaceships at affordable American prices.

Are you in the UK by any chance? Because you can blame the Brexiteers for the crashing value of the Pound. 

The latest casualty is is tea and Marmite; literally destroying the foundations of the country.