Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

Firespray vs Jumpmaster (generic pilots)

Honestly in many ways the Lancer to me satisfies what the firespray could have been. While a mobile arc doesn't make as much sense on the spray it's way more flexible than just the rear aux and the dial on the lancer is fast like I would have hoped a tricked out bounty hunting fighter would have been.

Dial is a big problem.  Lackluster pilot abilities (especially imperial) is another.  It also has so many slots you can fill but only 1 you always do (crew).

A second Crew would have been brilliant.  A firespray with 2 crew slots and 31pts (and probably 1 more sheild instead of hull) would likely see play.  

Meta is a thing.

How many K-Bombers did you face. ;-)

K-Bombers?  If you mean K-Wings, I faced three Mirandas.  If you mean TIE Bombers, I only faced four.

Obviously meta is a thing, and meta absorbs and regurgitates what works (Jumpmasters) while ignoring what duds (Firesprays).  Obviously not everyone just grabs a popular list from the top of the meta, but we can pretty safely assume that the meta does reflect what's top-tier competitive and what's not.

While I do not participate in the top-level play, I recognize the need for it. Especially in balancing and recognizing issues I can appreciate all players and know that I haven't been at my best. I have misinterpreted a card and defended it to the detriment of the other player. I didn't win any sportsmanship awards that day.

I wish it had a 1 hard turn.  That would really help it move it's firing arcs around.  I also like the idea of a Barrel Roll.  Either that or a native Boost.  

I do think it's overcosted.  I think the idea was to pay for the upgrade slots, but you end up having to spend more just to load them.....so it never happens.  I think if you were able to load up on a few items for the same price, it would be better.  It's the curse of an early ship.  

If Krassis had an EPT, he would be better.  If Imp Kath had her Scum ability, she would be better.  

What about giving the Imperial Firespray an Illicit slot?  The Rebels have smuggling compartment and it makes sense.  Why not the Bounty Hunters getting it for Imperials?  I think it makes sense.  

Meta is a thing.

K-Bombers?  If you mean K-Wings, I faced three Mirandas.  If you mean TIE Bombers, I only faced four.

I'm assuming he means K-Wings with Conner-Net and Sabin. One of the most powerful things in the rebel-toolbox, but people only found out about it recently.

Recently?  A guy I know was tweaking a Dash-Miranda build with Sabine and Conner on Miranda back before Regionals (we're talking pre-May).  He flew it a ton, but ultimately decided it wasn't reliable enough for Regionals.  I did actually face one Miranda+Conner+Sabine at Gencon out of the three K-Wings I faced.

So yea, it's a thing, though not sure it's a terribly recently discovered thing...

Miranda is the old approach , wardens win nationals. All thanks to Sabine which doubles the damage of bombs. (Conner, Seismic, Thermals, all do 2 guaranteed damage, aces nightmare).

Here an example from nova open with a very unfavorable matchup for the bombers:

Meta is a thing.

I'm assuming he means K-Wings with Conner-Net and Sabin. One of the most powerful things in the rebel-toolbox, but people only found out about it recently.  

Recently?  A guy I know was tweaking a Dash-Miranda build with Sabine and Conner on Miranda back before Regionals (we're talking pre-May).  He flew it a ton, but ultimately decided it wasn't reliable enough for Regionals.  I did actually face one Miranda+Conner+Sabine at Gencon out of the three K-Wings I faced.

So yea, it's a thing, though not sure it's a terribly recently discovered thing...

That's the point. You could do it for some time now (and some people have), but until recently, the meta didn't toke notice so people assumed they were not viable. 

Funny thing is, people used to ***** about Triple Firesprays too when the ship came out. They were doing very well in Europe (especially France).

It's pointless to compare the two. The FS (even the Scum version) is an outdated game design from when the three dice primary and 10 health was good enough and you did not need super action efficiency.

Edited by Polda

I honestly am curious what people think. Are these far off? Considering you never see Imp Firesprays and jumpmasters are prominent in scum builds, I assume yes, 

0CGp0T9.png

comparison: bounty hunter is hideously overcosted and never played, contracted scout is aggressively costed to avoid the WSF/ORS issue and probably one point under where it should be. thats my hot take

firesprays are great but they have been trumped by the power creep of x-wing and this is glaring when u see the jumpmaster.

the firespay has two blindspots and its dial is less forgiving/more predictable. its 3 atk dice are good but without that 360 arc your firing opportunities are considerable less.

without a boost by some new fix or title, the firespray will remain on the bench.