Sign in to follow this  
screamformechicago

release date??

OMG when you say Spanish release date, do you then say that it will be released in spain at 11th November. Or in spanish? :) 

I had written a big fat AHLCG RELEASED in my calendar on 3rd of November and i will surely go mad if that is not the case. (Denmark English Version here)

OMG when you say Spanish release date, do you then say that it will be released in spain at 11th November. Or in spanish? :) 

I had written a big fat AHLCG RELEASED in my calendar on 3rd of November and i will surely go mad if that is not the case. (Denmark English Version here)

I mean Spanish release date of Spanish version, in Spain :)

I understand the unforeseeable shipping delays that can happen, especially in international shipping.  However, there hasn't been an update to the status of this product for 2 months.  Communicate with your customers if there's a delay.  They'll understand.  But, communicate.  Thank you.  That is all....  

I sadly do not, i think i heard about it in one of the mythos busters episodes. Didnt take more notice since those guys seemed quite confident that it would not be stuck. (And they probably have better access to information than i do) But if you want you could either write to them or try to find the place where they talk about it. "Think it was episode 2 or 3."

Why do you think a podcast would know any better than anyone else?  This is your source?  Greeeeeat.  Meanwhile, those who actually make money from these sales for Asmodee have the release now listed as December, I think I'll follow the cash....

Well if you follow the money, you will get a million different answers, one has to be hopeful that it is not december. Yes you found one site that said December, others have said october 28, november 3 november 10 november 17 and so on. Btw. sites saying December 31 is clearly a stateholder because they dont know, since NOTHING will at least in many countries be released on new years. Furthermore, if you look at the releases, some products have been "On the Boat" since june. Therefore my best hope is that those products are the ones stuck somewhere.

Furthermore i simply cannot see any marketing reason why they would not just be upfront and say, "Hey guys. Sadly our normal shipping company has gone bankrupt and therefore the games are stuck at the moment untill a solution is found. Anyone complaining then would just be an idiot."

Sorry for such a mundane question: When is the core set going to be released?  I know that those that went to Arkham Nights were able to buy it, but I was not lucky enough to do that.  Do we have any sense as to when this will make it "off the boat"?

Okay I'm as interested as you are in this so from my research (which involves stores and online retailers who in my opinion have the best access to information as they have an actual dog in the race so to speak) Amazon and CoolStuff are showing December and my FLGS is confirming that.  Sorry I can't find any exact date.  I wouldn't be surprised if podcasts and clickbaiters are wrong (yet again) and the money people have nailed it.  (also again.)

While waiting for the last 5 releases of descent products, both Amazon and Coolstuff have had release dates later than what was actually the case. I understand why they do that since its smarter to say from a marketing viewpoint since then you will either have to check their page every day to be sure it isnt suddenly released, or preorder to be sure to get it before it is sold out. 

The only reason i talked about the podcast is because as far as i know several of the guys that have the podcast are living in Minnesota and goes to alot of FFG planned events, thereby making it easier for them to get information than say a person living in Denmark as myself. And those guys talked about the shipping problem since it seems to have hit some of the LotR LCG products.

I understand the unforeseeable shipping delays that can happen, especially in international shipping.  However, there hasn't been an update to the status of this product for 2 months.  Communicate with your customers if there's a delay.  They'll understand.  But, communicate.  Thank you.  That is all....  

Funny.. Within 24 hours of posting this, that status has changed to 'Shipping Now'.  Thanks for the update FFG.

I sadly do not, i think i heard about it in one of the mythos busters episodes. Didnt take more notice since those guys seemed quite confident that it would not be stuck. (And they probably have better access to information than i do) But if you want you could either write to them or try to find the place where they talk about it. "Think it was episode 2 or 3."

Why do you think a podcast would know any better than anyone else?  This is your source?  Greeeeeat.  Meanwhile, those who actually make money from these sales for Asmodee have the release now listed as December, I think I'll follow the cash....

Well, *my* research has shown my three go-to UK retailers are showing 31st December (as already mentioned, clearly a placeholder date in lieu of actual info), 'early November' and 10th November, respectively. As two of them almost agree, one of those has actually stated a date, and it's just gone to Shipping Now, which is usually about a two week warning, I'm going to go ahead and expect it on the 10th.

And, may I say, the general tone of most of the posts you've made on this topic have been a touch aggressive and fairly confrontational. We're all excited about a card game coming out, and it's cooperative, I think that means we're all on the same side!

Well, *my* research has shown my three go-to UK retailers are showing 31st December (as already mentioned, clearly a placeholder date in lieu of actual info), 'early November' and 10th November, respectively. As two of them almost agree, one of those has actually stated a date, and it's just gone to Shipping Now, which is usually about a two week warning, I'm going to go ahead and expect it on the 10th.

And, may I say, the general tone of most of the posts you've made on this topic have been a touch aggressive and fairly confrontational. We're all excited about a card game coming out, and it's cooperative, I think that means we're all on the same side!

Good point.  Everything I can find is WAY too fluid, dates I've seen have already changed and my FLGS only has access to what their distributors tell them.  I agree that anything saying Dec 31st is almost definitely a place holder but I maintain that we or anyone doing the research know just as much as anyone else at this point except FFG themselves.  I just believe in doing my own work.  At this point it's all speculation even if based on following the geld.  Guesses.  Optimistically, mid-November or at convention.  A bit more grim guess would put it in December.  I can't see them not wanting it out before holiday shopping though so I doubt longer.  (I also wasn't considering that earlier.)  Sorry.

Does that mean it's confirmed for this weekend here?

That depends where "here" is, if you're in Lost Carcosa it may take a while.

Otherwise they normally aim to release on Thursdays worldwide, though I suspect the US and Europe have better distribution than elsewhere to ensure that happens? I have also heard a rumour that this will be a US release, with the rest of us waiting impatiently for another week... But that will be the first time since the Asmodee take over that they have had a staggered release. Here's hoping I have my copy in hand in three days time!

Does that mean it's confirmed for this weekend here?

That depends where "here" is, if you're in Lost Carcosa it may take a while.

Otherwise they normally aim to release on Thursdays worldwide, though I suspect the US and Europe have better distribution than elsewhere to ensure that happens? I have also heard a rumour that this will be a US release, with the rest of us waiting impatiently for another week... But that will be the first time since the Asmodee take over that they have had a staggered release. Here's hoping I have my copy in hand in three days time!

My local games store (I'm in the UK) have said that they are expecting to have copies of it for a 10th November release, which if true would mean a simultaneous US & Europe release.