Sign in to follow this  
screamformechicago

release date??

Sorry for such a mundane question: When is the core set going to be released?  I know that those that went to Arkham Nights were able to buy it, but I was not lucky enough to do that.  Do we have any sense as to when this will make it "off the boat"?

Over in the nights forum, I was surprised to hear they would only have copies for the attendees, and only enough for one per person. Someone got an official response from ffg saying that.

The online store ozgameshop.com lists release date for core set as Friday 28 October and release date for Dunwich Legacy as Friday 16 December. Hopefully they will be available everywhere by those dates.

Ffg release dates are always Thursdays. So that would be the 27th. But the products that just switched to now shipping status are all set to release on the 27th so I have my doubts now. Might be first week of November.

My guess is that they are holding that info because it is the first release, but other games are not necessarily.

It's delayed indefinitely. Sitting on a Korean company's transport that can't pay port fees. Supposedly a Korean shipping company went bankrupt and all their transports can't off-load. Just my opinion.

Are you sure that this is true? If so, it is very disappointing to have to wait so long to finally get the stuff.

It's delayed indefinitely. Sitting on a Korean company's transport that can't pay port fees. Supposedly a Korean shipping company went bankrupt and all their transports can't off-load. Just my opinion.

How is stating something as fact considered an opinion?

I sadly do not, i think i heard about it in one of the mythos busters episodes. Didnt take more notice since those guys seemed quite confident that it would not be stuck. (And they probably have better access to information than i do) But if you want you could either write to them or try to find the place where they talk about it. "Think it was episode 2 or 3."

Ffg release dates are always Thursdays. So that would be the 27th. But the products that just switched to now shipping status are all set to release on the 27th so I have my doubts now. Might be first week of November.

My guess is that they are holding that info because it is the first release, but other games are not necessarily.

That would be a first. If it doesn't get updated today I'd say first week of November so the 3rd. Just in time for Worlds weekend. 

Heroes of the Resistance for X-Wing is due to be released on the 27th, and that is now showing "shipping now", whilst AHLCG is still "on the boat", so while I definitely *hope* we'all have it by the end of the month, I agree that early November is more likely... More waiting...

Spanish release date has just been set on November 11th (Friday), so I guess November 10th will be the official release date from FFG (maybe one week earlier)  ;)

Edited by morifinwe