Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

Beyond The Thresholds

If I and my friends are any indication, there is a huge part of FFG's customer base (for any of their games) that tend to be "completionists".

I think that even if the physical expansion is estimated to have a value less than the contents, it is still highly likely that it will sell well.  This is especially true if the included scenarios, or any of the new DLC's would rely on contents from the physical expansion.

Hell, I owned all of MOM1e, and still bought Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories so that I could keep my storage for MOM1e and MOM2e separate, and so that all of my tiles, investigators, etc. all looked the same for MOM2e.

I know ... I know ... but its a sickness that I have.  :P

Just my two cents worth.

Edited by any2cards

I'm excited that they've added a shorter scenario, as most of the ones in the game are really long in estimated time (and both times we've played have gone well beyond that estimate).  I hope they continue adding shorter scenarios occasionally.

If I and my friends are any indication, there is a huge part of FFG's customer base (for any of their games) that tend to be "completionists".

I think that even if the physical expansion is estimated to have a value less than the contents, it is still highly likely that it will sell well.  This is especially true if the included scenarios, or any of the new DLC's would rely on contents from the physical expansion.

Hell, I owned all of MOM1e, and still bought Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories so that I could keep my storage for MOM1e and MOM2e separate, and so that I all of my tiles, investigators, etc. all looked the same for MOM2e.

I know ... I know ... but its a sickness that I have.  :P

Just my two cents worth.

I was about to say I was right with you... but I didn't buy the 1st edition stuff again in the new reprints  :unsure:  ... I've got all the FFG painted mini's so I didn't use the original box ones anyways...  I just put all my 1st ed stuff (including a bunch of POD scenarios - The Yellow Sign was fun!) up in the attic to clear space in my game closet. 

I'm seconding the praise for another short scenario. The more evenly they distribute scenarios with different playthrough time, the more easy it gets picking one that fits the groups' varying needs.  ^_^

I think there's going to be more than three minis? two player characters, and a few of the thrall type. two, three, maybe four. Even so, a bit pricey, but i'm going to get it obviously. 

This is diffidently an exciting platform. People are tired of everything being virtual yet the technology is there to really enhance board games and bring the virtual convenience into the real world. Really can't wait for Imperial Assault to get this treatment.  

Well, it is officially at the printers so this is all we get. It is smallish though. The tiles look good and the investigators look to be of higher detail than the other pieces in the game. Hard to tell from the picture. Good to see them expanding this game though.

$40 for 3 figures and 3 tiles, this is crazy, even the extensions "Mansions of Madness - Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares are at $ 49.95 have more tiles and figurines Soon they will sell a figurine and a tile $ 50. and for the scenario that goes with it will cost $ 10 more.

Instead of FFG is those I would ... total madness

FFG are too strong

$40 for 3 figures and 3 tiles, this is crazy, even the extensions "Mansions of Madness - Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares are at $ 49.95 have more tiles and figurines Soon they will sell a figurine and a tile $ 50. and for the scenario that goes with it will cost $ 10 more.
Instead of FFG is those I would ... total madness
FFG are too strong

The picture shows a sample of the contents of the box, not everything included.  We have it on pretty good authority that there are actually six double-sided map tiles, and there is almost certainly more than one copy of the Thrall figure (my personal guess is 4).  This is in addition to a (small... less than 50) stack of cards and some tokens.

That said, you're right... the expansion does seem pricey to many of us.

Edited by KBlumhardt

As I said on the previous page, comparing this to IA it seems to fall short for content. On top of that, everything in IA has a double purpose.. you can use it in the campaign as the expansion intends or use all of it in your skirmish games. Effectively doubling the value of almost every piece in the box.

This comes out to be around $52 Canadian.. so a few bucks cheaper than the small box IA expansion, but still a bit to high imo. I think the $32.95 USD price tag would have been about as far as they should have stretched this with $29.95 probably being more appropriate.

I will pick this up on sale down the road when it is closer to that price.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Interesting, as I said above $29.95 seems to be a fair price for this expansion, guess I am out of excuses not to buy it so I guess both sides get what they wanted :) Sometimes I wonder how close attention they pay to these forums.. 

If they were paying attention to just about any game-related forum on the internet, they'd know many people were NOT happy with the $40 price point.

29.95 seems much a better price for the expansion. It's not the first time they announce a price, and then the price drops (happened for the first wave of expansions for RuneBound for example)