Sign in to follow this  
Solaris00

How many expansions do you think are possible for Armada?

So really there is potentially years of Expansions remaining.  I hope they do introduce more mechanics, I am particularly interested to see if they even introduce flak like damage against squadrons, like with a particular upgrade it might say "Crit: Deal 1 damage to ALL squadrons distance 1 from your target".  I digress.

I also hope that they do release more campaigns with additional ship cards for existing ships.  It will be interesting to see what The Corellian Conflict brings to the game.  I am particularly interested in campaigns that focus on large 1000 + point battles for casual games.  This is another reason why I would like to see a flak type mechanic, because if you have ever played a large game, you know there is a lot of squadrons on the table (BTW: I love seeing mass fighters and ships on the table and don't mind putting aside a whole day to play one game, it is just epic and fun).  I digress again. :wacko:  

I do agree with others though, I don't want any new ships to make the old ones irrelevant, but so far things are going good.  I say, keep them coming, 40 new ships could be another 5 - 10 years worth of Armada and I will still be buying.  The question is now, how quickly can they get them to us.  Not quickly enough I say, but I am impatient. :)

Id think there will be more campaign boxes like corellian conflict that will also add maybe models in the future?

What part of Australia btw?

I live in Queensland north of Brisbane.

So far you are the closest person living to me on this forum. :)

....I think.  There is kinda a lot of Queensland north of Brisbane.

Edited by Flengin

You know if FFG gets a lack of ideas, Disney will help them create more. Disney wants to keep making money and FFG wants to keep the rights to make Star Wars Games, so 1 short of infinity. This is based on if FFG and Disney keep being happy with each other, and don't pull  a Games Workshop.

I like to go back to the Raider for X-wing as my backup for this idea. Check out below taken from the Raider News Story,

Epic Play for the X-Wing miniatures game is about to get more epic…

Fantasy Flight Games is thrilled to bring you the all-new Raider-class corvette, a new Imperial ship for X-Wing Epic Play and a new addition to the Star Wars galaxy!

Designed in partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. for use within the game’s Cinematic Play and Epic Play formats, the Raider-class corvette is the highlight of the upcoming Imperial Raider Expansion Pack.

Edited by Cubanboy