Sign in to follow this  
Ruakar

Ships and players.

So i'm back, after situations out of my control   and after 4 months my players are starting up again.     After the first game they are making new alliances and creating a new ship.   So i am forced to design what they found/Created.   An old republic Consular ship that they cannibalized using parts from an old YT...   (((unfinished art by me))).  along with their old ship, (and even older YG-4210.   Additionally, here are the ladies making the new freighter.  Yes, they are 4 ladies.  (mostly the offshoot with all the tech skills doing the work.) thanks to our new Technicians book and Fly Casual.   

consular_zpsmxgqxrhx.png

Team_zpsttzelgq5.png

Edited by Ruakar

Ruakar your deck plans are fantastic, have lived them all so far!

I'm currently trying to do one for my players Dynamic Class Freighter... Fitting things into an empty shell in a way that makes sense is much harder than I thought!

Those ship look amazing. Please tell me you have the ILH-KK Citadel deck plan already done somewhere. I would love to hear about the game with those characters you designed.

Your deckplans are great, and i like your art style. What program do you use?

Also i would love to hear more about your campaign and those characters

I agree with the above post. I would also like to know what art program you used.

Love the work you have put into this. you have some lucky players. keep up the good work. you wouldn't happen to have an obsidian portal on your campaign would you? can

always use the inspiration of a few more good GMs.

Those ship look amazing. Please tell me you have the ILH-KK Citadel deck plan already done somewhere. I would love to hear about the game with those characters you designed.

I have tried to do everything, but not everything is done.     The Citadel was finished some time ago,  however i never came up with an Interior i liked.    Right now i am considered starting a post with basically everything in it so no one has to look through my many posts to get everything.  Thoughts?

Freighters_zpsu1c1bk0d.png

Citadel_Cruiser_zpsb830sehz.png

Edited by Ruakar

I have tried to do everything, but not everything is done.     The Citadel was finished some time ago,  however i never came up with an Interior i liked.    Right now i am considered starting a post with basically everything in it so no one has to look through my many posts to get everything.  Thoughts?

Freighters_zpsu1c1bk0d.png

Citadel_Cruiser_zpsb830sehz.png

Absolutely, Positively, Most Definitely, YES!

I say a massive YES to that and... How fast can u post then :)

Awesome work!!!

Perhaps you should set up your own website? :ph34r:

Perhaps you should set up your own website? :ph34r:

Now that hosting issues are sorted out, I'm putting the finishing touches on prepping to launch one, where he'd be welcome to house them.

Evening guys.   So thanks for the support,  somewhat the same question, as my last post,  what would be the best course.  A whole new post?  what should i Call it?  Edge of the Empire Maps?  shrug..   I have stuff like I will show below,  guns and stats, Maps for interiors,  large planet maps, ship floor plans...  its not just one thing i do for my players...  I really love getting them involved!

First off i want to say that i do love the game and love Fantasy Flight for giving us what is the best Star Wars RPG to date.  I tried the old Star Wars RPG back in the day and it just really never took off for us.    Secondly yeah i do play with one other guy and 4 Ladies, sadly no one is a Star wars fan like I am.   Having said that FF did a great job, but much of the art isn't visual enough for us, especially when there are so many amazing movies that visualize much of the content in the books. (why not use stylized shots from the shows..  no licencing  thats the short of it im sure).  So...  i tend to spend a few hours a week for our games defining guns, ships, maps,  whatever that gets my players deeper into the narrative.  Lately i have been thinking of sharing all of this "made up content"  with you guys.   

I just want to warn you...  this is just my art for my players to get them deeper into our story,  its not 100% accurate with the new Star Wars/Disney universe design thats going on.  So if you would like to correct me (like the cap city in Lothal being near an Ocean...  I know..  now...  but did the map long before i discovered it was meant to be an ocean)  please feel free to correct me,  just take into account i like most of us do the best i can with not all the information some times.   :)     The last pic is part of a narrative that i used to send my players to capture a crashed transport.   I openly admit scanning and using a data pad from the EOTE book, and i just changed the screen interior.  I often do this to give them either personal messages or when they hack into devices or systems to gain information about the plot.  

Lastly,  thanks to everyone for being so nice here,  I really appreciate all the great comments and it encourages me to share more and my work as a GM.  You guys are great!

Blasters_zpsoillhyj8.png

Lothal_map_zpss33oswlq.png

Kothal_Area_zps25kkhi9y.png

Kothal_town_small_Handout_zpsjoegjcix.pn

Stoval_outpost_zpsjrv6nlsm.png

Lothal_shipment_zpsdbyvwmuc.png

Edited by Ruakar

Well to be honest Ruakar I'd be interested to see anything that you've done for your players & as for it being accurate in terms of cannon etc I really couldn't care less :) I'd love to be able to do this kind of thing for my group as well but unfortunately it was my bro who got the arty genes in my family, altho I can tell a pretty good story so shouldn't complain :)

I particularly like the town map, that's great work again... Did I see somewhere on a post a while ago that you'd done an internal map of some of the buildings?

Yes there are interiors, yes  :).   I expanded on the previous post  few months ago but,  give me some time and i will show you the inside spaces of all the buildings (depending on where my players have gone).   What are your thoughts,  just one post someplace else or just throw it all up here?    I dont post a lot, and not sure on the etiquette. 

If you want to start a new thread for your art. Please post a link here so I can find it. I don't want to miss out on your stuff. Especially if you do finish the citadel class ship. Thanks for all this, it's great work.

Your deckplans are great, and i like your art style. What program do you use?

Also i would love to hear more about your campaign and those characters

Hey, sorry for the late reply.    I use photoshop,  I am a concept artist IRL but for Star wars i keep a really simple art style like pixel art for speed.  You never know where your players are going to want to go and i like to have lots of maps and ships for them to explore and experience.   I paint the maps, ships and guns pretty much the same way.   Here is an example.    Also an example of my other concept work  (which isnt star wars related,  sorry)

DL-44_zps5xsalmuz.png

Mechs_zpsezbtjkc2.png

Concept_envs_zps24koib0j.png

Thought i would share a little more,   After our game last night I realize Nar Shaddaa might be in our near future very soon.   So I started a design for a map,   it isnt much to look at yet but this is how they sometimes start out.  Rough and ugly,  then you just clean them up, you can see the detail line work going in in the upper right corner.   I will be sure to keep posting the progress so it makes sense.

Nar_Shadda_zpsfedx8jm7.png