Sign in to follow this  
Thanatopsis

Fellowship Event 2016 Location Map

Is it just me, or is participation down for this year's Fellowship event? We usually get ~16 players in my neck of the woods, but this year we're only expecting 10. I wonder if this is a consequence of offering the same scenario for both the GenCon and Fellowship events...

As usual, nothing within 1000 miles.  Guess I won't participate again!   :(  For as good as this game is, it sure doesn't get much love in the NC area.

Get it started man!  Head out to the local gaming shop and make relationships with the owners.  

Seattle area didn't really have anything until a player started a Facebook group, then a local gaming shop started hosting events, and it's grown from there.

As usual, nothing within 1000 miles.  Guess I won't participate again!   :(  For as good as this game is, it sure doesn't get much love in the NC area.

Get it started man!  Head out to the local gaming shop and make relationships with the owners.  

Seattle area didn't really have anything until a player started a Facebook group, then a local gaming shop started hosting events, and it's grown from there.

Tried that already.  They are not interested.  They probably sell a handful of LotR products each year.  According to them, there's just no customer base in the area and they couldn't give a whiff about LotR events.

Plus, I'm too married and familied to spend free time at the local shop organizing and maintaining groups - which is what I'd have to do.

Edited by Distractionbeast

:(

Our grew as friendly meetups.  One guy made a Facebook group and posted on here.  Then we had some casual meet-ups with 2, 3, 4 players max.  Then we got a store interested in hosting a Fellowsiph event.  Did our group's existence get the store interested?  I don't actually know how that came about.  But that store became a magnet and the community's grown quite a bit.  I was one of the first members in the group but neither I nor the original founder did any real organizing.  The game store does that part :)

I added our event in Austin, TX. We are meeting at Dragon's Lair Comics and Games on Saturday November 19th @ 4pm CST. Come and join us!

Please note: The time for our event has been updated to 4pm CST.

Edited by danpoage

Is it just me, or is participation down for this year's Fellowship event? We usually get ~16 players in my neck of the woods, but this year we're only expecting 10. I wonder if this is a consequence of offering the same scenario for both the GenCon and Fellowship events...

We're in the netherlands, and this year the amount of players has doubled.

My group has attendend every fellowship event over the years, and it has always been just us.

Now there's a whole group joining up, so I think it's on the rise here across the ocean.

Bad news .. all german Fellowship-Events are canceled.

It seems that FFG hasn't delivered the kits to germany yet and the german distributor doesn't know, if the kits will reach germany at all :-/

It seems that FFG hasn't delivered the kits to germany yet and the german distributor doesn't know, if the kits will reach germany at all :-/

What? I hope there's no problem with our distributor in Chile. It doesn't seem to be the case, for now.

Same in France !

Our distributor explains that kit will arrive on January :wacko:

Edited by 13nrv

Same in France !

Same here. Probably all over Europe then. That's just...oh well....1st world problems I guess. 

Same in France !

Same here. Probably all over Europe then. That's just...oh well....1st world problems I guess. 

Got a mail from Zach Reyburn who is in charge of the worldwide shipping:

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately, due to production setbacks, we were facing a very tight timeline for shipping these kits to our international partners. To our dismay, a minor delay in this process resulted in our German partner and others not being able to receive these kits in time.

As international shipping and customs can be very unpredictable, I do not have any information available for estimated availability of these kits. The only source of accurate information is likely to be Heidelberger, and I am sure they will keep stores updated as the kits arrive and become available for shipping.

I am sorry I do not have better news. I wish you and your community the best of luck in holding a fun and inclusive Fellowship event when the kits do arrive.

Best regards,

Zach Reyburn

So .. we have to wait .. ship is on the way ..

Edited by JanB