Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

As X-Wing wanes, whats next to play?

How will dice in Infinity screw you harder? You have a value you must roll equal or lower and that is it, there is no critical failure, of course depending on your stat the probability to hit can be lower than the probability to score a hit with the X-Wing die, so all in all i don't see a big difference. Of course in ARo you sucess can be canceled if the opponents rolls higher sucesses or a crit.

And in Malifaux instead of rolling dice you flip playing cards to get your die results so you can fail too.

I don't play it myself, but aren't most dice rolls in Infinity single dice rolls? In that you only roll one dice at a time? When you're only rolling one dice at a time you get more screwed by outlying results (or more accurately, the dice results will simply be more random). The more dice you roll at any given instance, the more 'average' your dice will be.

Depends, most guns roll multiple dices (Standard weapon, the (Combi) Rifle is 3 dice), if you want to doge a shoot it is only one dice and some other things like healing are also just one die and yes in ARO, which means if one ore more of your guys can see a enemy miniature do a action they can choose an action too, shooting only gets one dice to give the attacker/active miniature the edge, you can stil kill them though. Close Combat is also normally one die, but your close combat guys normaly have a high stat (Infinity uses D20 so stats are 1-20, rolling equal or lower than your stats is a sucess) some of them even more than 20 (meaning you can't fail an unopposed roll, and for an opposed you get everthying over 20 as a positive modifier to your roll so 23 is +3 to your roll) or Special Skills that give modifiers.

But as said gunwise very few one diece weapons exists and most of them use or can use templates, so the range is 1 to 5 dice for shooting on your active turn.

Edited by Iceeagle85

I like infinity for the same reason I like x wing...a fascinating game mechanic.

X wings dials and templates is a beautiful way to play a flying game.

Infinity has reactive firing.." oh, you move that model across a roadway that my model is covering? Surprise! It shoots you!

It looks like a beautiful way to play a shootem' up.

Still...I chose malifaux...I could not resist the fluff, factions and models...the use of cards was just a fun looking cherry on top. Itbfits the vibe of crazy magic wielding cowboys.

But...those models tho!

Yes Malifaux models are awesome, i'm a fan big of the Gremlins.

EDIT: About shoot them up, there were Spanish rules for Infinity Deathmatch, don't know if Corvus Belli made them or someone else. Beast of War then made them into TAG( the big robots) Deathmatch, basically you are all starting with the same stats and gun and you try to kill each other while picking up guns and I think it also had teleporter rules.

Edited by Iceeagle85