Dargenom

Coin Caps

10 posts in this topic

Me and my friends have been playing a downright ridiculous amount of runebound since it came out, so much so that the enemy combat tokens have visible wear and tear on them. Fortunately, it seems that the tokens are the exact size of swedish 5-crown coins, which means that finding coin caps for them is pretty easy. The ones I bought were the No. 303522 29mm Lighthouse/Leuchtturm coin caps and the tokens fit perfectly in them and look great. Figured I would share it in case someone else was having the wear & tear problem, wanted their tokens to be shinier or just prefer the feel of plastic rather than cardboard. :)

Excuse the grainy picture, my iphone 4 was the only camera i had on hand.

EfsowDn.jpg?1

Great idea!

Can imagine the game gets a lot noisier with these, but surely no worse than dice.

Probably adds a nice feel to them as well I imagine?

Pity my copy of Runebound doesn't see enough play to warrant capping my tokens.

It's true that they make a bit of a clattering sound if flipped onto the table, especially if they don't land flat. We usually use a felt-lined dice tray for the dice and the coin caps don't make that much noice when flipped onto the tray either, so the noise hasn't been that big of an issue for us.

The Cocky Rooster likes this

I bought them through the swedish auction website "Tradera", although if you live elsewhere it's probably cheaper to buy it through their own site. (www.leuchtturm.com) :)

Hi

Thx for this brilliant idea. I bought them on Allegro in Poland, because from manufacturer side (leuchtturm.com) was too expensive.

The noise for me and for my friends it is not a big problem. We usually play on the mat (like form wargamesmat, gamemat.eu, urbanmatz etc) and for the dice and coin caps this is perfect - you don't hear to much sound. 

One more time - thank you Dargenom to shown this.

Cheers.

Dargenom likes this

That's a good question jvdvalk. I never thought about whether the caps were fair or not, although they are symmetrical.

I'll have to remember to write down the flips in my next few games, and see if either side is favored.