Vector

If a new faction was to be introduced, which would you want to see?

my issue with the Vong is theyre basically starwars version of Tyranids arent they? theyre all biological, hive-minded creatures rather than a technological race?

They would have to have their own upgrade system, because the current one wouldnt make sense on them.

Nope they arent ;)

They may grow starships and only use biological components, but where did you get they are a hivemind? They are certanly not. They are the exact opposite: Individuals working nearly as much against each other as against the enemy.

I don't get where people get the idea they are like the Borg or Tyranids.

Even their bio tech works more "industrial" than the ones Tyranids use and they still need pilots. For example a Coral Skipper (Starfighter): The Hull is grown from a coral, the engines, shields and tractor beam analogs are animal able to manipulate gravity, the guns are like the plasmabugs (as corals) from Starship Troopers. They are grown individually and are implanted into the Hull afterwards.

Edited by RogueLeader42

Honestly, rather than other factions I'd like to see them explore some more Clone Wars era ships. Hear me out. While the prequels were terribad, the ship designs were actually pretty awesome. Now that we have the ARC, there's the possibility of seeing the V-Wing, ETA-Actis and the Aethersprite. I think the last two are unlikely, as they were almost exclusively Jedi craft, so not ok many pilots for them, but I could see the V-Wing getting some traction.

Going old republic/sith empire would end up with ships that very few would recognize (and you wouldn't even really be able to use the PC ships from the MMO, those things are HUUUUGE. And the Vong need to stay where they are: discarded and ignored.

I think that between Rebels and the the new movies we will end up with plenty of new ships that will keep the existing factions fresh and exciting.

Kanjiklub. Just so I can do a terrible Scottish accent whilst playing.

That makes no sense... none if the Kanjiklub spoke with that accent. Bala Tik played by the Scottish Actor, Brian Vernal, was part of the Guavian Death Gang. Also, both of these would make decent sub factions for Scum and Villainy.

Of any of the existing factions, the seperatists could be fun. Cheaper than TIEs droid fighters..

Republic and CIS. And maybe eventually New Republic (an excuse to make a third type of xwing!).

Well Rebel Alliance is actually Rebel Alliance/New Republik already as the E-Wing and K-Wing are present.

No, No, Not That New Republic.

The New New Republic.  The one thats gets Splattered by Starkiller Base.

That's the New Republic.

Not the New Republic.

Republic and CIS. And maybe eventually New Republic (an excuse to make a third type of xwing!).

Well Rebel Alliance is actually Rebel Alliance/New Republik already as the E-Wing and K-Wing are present.

No, No, Not That New Republic.

The New New Republic.  The one thats gets Splattered by Starkiller Base.

That's the New Republic.

Not the New Republic.

I'd find it utterly ridiculous if they got "splattered by Starkiller Base". They should have millions of planets and millions of capital ships.

I don't Write the Script, I just Point out the Facts.

All I'm doing is pointing out that the "Legends" "New Republic" is different to the Canon "New Republic".

But they're both called the New Republic.

Also, I said "Splattered".  Not "Annihilated", "Completely Destroyed", "Wiped out", or anything of the such.

I figured "Splattered" was a nice image that we get of the planets being hit one-by-one....

Edited by Drasnighta

That's because Disney needed a **** show plot to rehash the OT. Vong exists in the EU, which is still far better than everything Disney dumped out pre yavin and post endor.

Corporate Sector would easily fill under Scum since most of their craft, save a few in house designs, are repurposed mothball ships. Hapans would fit under the New Republic, and you really don't have anyone else worth mentioning besides Kiliks, Verpine, Yevethans (who the Vong wiped out) and Chiss.

Edited by incinerator950

That's because Disney needed a **** show plot to rehash the OT. Vong exists in the EU, which is still far better than everything Disney dumped out pre yavin and post endor.

I would disagree as the Vong were really bad... the amount of rose tinted glasses about the EU is insane... I mean the Giant Ice Cream Cone of Death... REALLY.. The Vong didn't really fit the universe they felt shoehorned in.

I don't Write the Script, I just Point out the Facts.

All I'm doing is pointing out that the "Legends" "New Republic" is different to the Canon "New Republic".

But they're both called the New Republic.

Also, I said "Splattered".  Not "Annihilated", "Completely Destroyed", "Wiped out", or anything of the such.

I figured "Splattered" was a nice image that we get of the planets being hit one-by-one....

Any Legends New Republic ships could just be added as Rebel ships and New Canon New Republic ships could be added as Resistance ships. Simple.