Sign in to follow this  
Krynn007

Just a thought (oh boy that's dangerous, but hear me out)

The problem with never Errata-ing/Changing a card is if something is OP'd you can't really take it down a notch, you have to bring everything up to it's level, or put in counters for it. This becomes a problem with something like a Contract Scout, whose major issue is it's a touch too good in all areas for it's points. There is no real way to target it or exclude it from upgrade abilities, unlike something like the Phantom which had a unique action that could be altered. In this case a card change is the only real way to fix the issue in the long term. And as soon as you get to that point you are probably better to do a Balance pack with updates for the ships that fall at either end of the bell curve and some other cool stuff that people will want, IE cards that are exclusive to one ship or you just don't get enough of, maybe with alt art.

The problem with never Errata-ing/Changing a card is if something is OP'd you can't really take it down a notch, you have to bring everything up to it's level, or put in counters for it. This becomes a problem with something like a Contract Scout, whose major issue is it's a touch too good in all areas for it's points. There is no real way to target it or exclude it from upgrade abilities, unlike something like the Phantom which had a unique action that could be altered. In this case a card change is the only real way to fix the issue in the long term. And as soon as you get to that point you are probably better to do a Balance pack with updates for the ships that fall at either end of the bell curve and some other cool stuff that people will want, IE cards that are exclusive to one ship or you just don't get enough of, maybe with alt art.

Exactly. Like I said if it was a video game ffg could just update it and everyone wou just update next time they log in. However can't do that in this case, but a card pack could be the way.

Maybe the balancing and play testing would be an issue, but even if they used jugglers math, maybe it could be done. He has pointed out in the past ships that were over cost like the awings, and they did reduce it with the refit, but awings are still Meh. Why not give us all the awing pilots with the -2 but no need to take their missle upgrade.

It could fix all that. How they go about doing it idk. Have 3 packs for each faction? So if you don't want scum you can buy rebel and imps if that's what you prefer. I don't think anyone would not buy it if it was 30 bucks or something. People have bought raiders and Corvette for basically 1 card, and they cost a hundred bucks. Ya they got a cool ship, but for many it's never hit the table. Or maybe it would all just be in one pack.

Edited by Krynn007

No offense, but I don't really care if some guy named "Fel's Wrath" and some guy named "Major Rhymer" aren't as good as some guy named "Contracted Scout". None of them are really canonical charcters who show up in a movie anyway.

What bugs me in this game is that we now have FOUR versions of Sabine Wren and NO useable versions of Luke or Leia! And Han, Chewie, and Lando are rare at best. Vader and the Emperor, R2-D2 and C-3PO are ok. But for the most part, the game seems to have a bias against all the old movies' best characters!

I want a new Luke pilot card or two! I want ONE Leia card that isn't only mildly useful in epic games. It's probably too much to ask that people remember that she actually flew the Falcon now and then in Episode V, but it really bugs me that the game totally ignores her even as a crew member.

And there's still no Jabba.

I know I'm ranting... It's just that this game is so well balanced that I always see all these weird pilots and none of the real main characters... I'm actually pretty happy with the balance of the game so far!

You know when we do get a Leia pilot card she's going to be flying an N-1 Naboo Starfighter, right? And she'll come with the whatever Queen Saruna, and Shara Bey as pilots. You know this right? (Although I do agree, she needs and new a better crew option.)

But yes, Luke needs a new version.

Why not just get rid of all the cardboard entirely, have an app that you can buy the expansions/cards from and is a list builder and has a play mode that can keep track of all shields/hull and upgrades, privateer press already do this for warmahordes so it can be done.

keep the table a bit tidier and they would reduce the secondary market for upgrades because you could just buy the individual cards from them.

This would also allow them to change the wording on cards as required as everyone would get the update and the cards would change

Even alternate art cards could be added as when you get them you could also receive a code that would add it into your app, or even be able to buy alternate art cards from the in App Store