Sign in to follow this  
Larky Bobble

How to improve the Imperial Firespray?

Imperial backing

firespary only. Imperial only. Limited.

pts -3

When you reveal your maneuver, you may decrease its speed by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

You may fire secondary weapons through your aux. fire arc.

You may equip a second Modification upgrade.

I think this helps most of the problems equally with all the imperial pilots. Gives the firespary a 1hard and a 2 k-turn, gives boba a little wiggle room with his ability, allows the other pilots to use their abilities more often through the use of their rear arc. Also able to equip engine upgrade at a "cheaper" cost which is pretty much slandered with the firespary already.

Edited by Oberron

Sorry, yes I did mean Systems Slot !

Reason I thought about the Systems Slot, maybe even go as far as to offer a discount on that upgrade (make it an imperial thing) is that you could then add a new System upgrade:

"Pursuit Thrusters"

After you perform an action, if there is an enemy ship within your firing arc at range 2 to 3 and you are not stressed, you may immediately perform a white speed 1 turn, bank or straight move.

I feel that helps with the ship movement, grants it something unique, thematic and helps all the pilots. Plus it makes them indirectly cheaper as people won't be purchasing an engine upgrade for it which then frees up LRS or GC or CM.

Reason I thought about the Systems Slot, maybe even go as far as to offer a discount on that upgrade (make it an imperial thing) is that you could then add a new System upgrade:

"Pursuit Thrusters"

After you perform an action, if there is an enemy ship within your firing arc at range 2 to 3 and you are not stressed, you may immediately perform a white speed 1 turn, bank or straight move.

I feel that helps with the ship movement, grants it something unique, thematic and helps all the pilots. Plus it makes them indirectly cheaper as people won't be purchasing an engine upgrade for it which then frees up LRS or GC or CM.

I like it, it's the sort of thematic thing I think we should have.  Free engine upgrade and PTL, effectively.  That's seven points and two valuable slots, so what would that be worth (ie how overcosted do people think the Firespray is)?  Maybe six points for the title+system?  That's a one point discount, plus freeing up some slots.

You could make it super awesome and make it a green manoeuvre - three actions for no stress!  How much would that be worth? :P

Edited by mazz0

"Pursuit Thrusters"

I like it, it's the sort of thematic thing I think we should have.  Free engine upgrade and PTL, effectively.  That's seven points and two valuable slots, so what would that be worth (ie how overcosted do people think the Firespray is)?  Maybe six points for the title+system?  That's a one point discount, plus freeing up some slots.

You could make it super awesome and make it a green manoeuvre - three actions for no stress!  How much would that be worth? :P

A very limited push the limit but I think it would work. However, Scum Firesprays would see the most benefit as you would be able to take a mindlinked Boba. Have someone feed him the focus, he activates, moves, takes an evade, uses his free move to get into range 1.

Focus/evade/offence and defence re-roll = ouch.

"Pursuit Thrusters"

A very limited push the limit but I think it would work. However, Scum Firesprays would see the most benefit as you would be able to take a mindlinked Boba. Have someone feed him the focus, he activates, moves, takes an evade, uses his free move to get into range 1.

Focus/evade/offence and defence re-roll = ouch.

You could make it a new Imperial Only title if you don't want it to benefit the Scum version, call it something like Imperial Resources.

Make an Imperial only bounty system with multiple tiers costing a certain number of points. Each of the lower tiers might give an X1 like discount to upgrades. The upper tiers would be things along the lines of 'Jabba's put a price on your head so large, every bounty hunter in the galaxy will be looking for you' which will unlock S&V and Illicit upgrades and the top would be 'You can run, but you can't hide. Not from me!' Could be a large boost to seismic charges or allows a condition that's chosen at the start of the game for the Firespray's actual 'target'.

You have to weigh whether its worth buying tiers you won't use in your build in order to get to tiers that you want. Used to the max, you get a powerful ship that's a handful of points above the vanilla cost.

Edited by flyboymb

"Swivel cannon mount"

Modification

Gain a mobile arc. And the rotate arc icon on your action bar. You may only fire equipped cannon icon weapons from your mobile arc.

-2 points

You'd rather have a mobile arc than a rear arc? Hmm, I'm not sure about that.

I think also giving the Firespray Hard 1's would help a lot too. 

you know, giving it hard 1's AND a barrel roll will bring it up close to the power level of a jumpmaster in terms of movement (jmaster will still have sloops)

seems like a nice fix in my book, its front/rear arc makes it way more skill intensive to fly than large ships with a 360arc so it seems like this sort of fix could work wout unbalancing the game too much.

"Swivel cannon mount"

Modification

Gain a mobile arc. And the rotate arc icon on your action bar. You may only fire equipped cannon icon weapons from your mobile arc.

-2 points

a mobile arc for cannons only - it doesn't lose the primary rear arc...

"Swivel cannon mount"

Modification

-2 points

Oh, I see! Can your primary weapon also us the mobile arc? I think your wording is a little ambiguous, it could mean

"Only Cannon secondary weapons may be fired from your mobile arc."

or

"Cannon secondary weapons can only be fired from your mobile arc."

"Swivel cannon mount"

Modification

-2 points

Oh, I see! Can your primary weapon also us the mobile arc? I think your wording is a little ambiguous, it could mean

"Only Cannon secondary weapons may be fired from your mobile arc."

or

"Cannon secondary weapons can only be fired from your mobile arc."

the idea was to prohibit the primary from using the mobile arc - tricky to make it work, since the idea of a mobile arc is for primary weapons.

Just had an odd thought in a different thread, so I thought I'd post it here:

Odd thought for the Firespray... Would it be broken to allow it to equip upgrades that read "Small Ship Only"?

I mean, you could throw a Cloaking Device on it, which would be wild. Vectored Thrusters? Why not?  Deadeye? Sure! Lightning Reflexes would be kinda pointless, but maybe fun with Tailgunner or other arc-based shenanigans. Juke, perhaps? Could be fun. 

I dunno, none of that seems like it'd be too terribly broken. Cloaking Device comes the closest, but with the chance of failure, I'm not sure it'd be too terrible for the game. Just imagine a Mandalorian Mercenary with Cloaking Device, Juke, and Stygium Particle Accelerator. How weird would that be?

The Title shouldn't be touched (because Boba Fett should be able to get Slave 1). And probably no modifications, because the big thing Slave 1 does for a firespray is allow Long Range Scanners (and Extra Munitions).

There's no reason why there couldn't be more than one Slave 1 title  - they've done it for the Falcon, and Star Wars Lore says that Slave 1 was constantly being modified and upgraded by Boba Fett in order to keep his ageing ship up to date.

Why not have 3 or 4 titles that each reflect a different role or a different upgrade suite that the Slave had during its lifetime?

I'd be happy with a title that removes the cannon secondary, and allows a second crew slot.  With two crew, I think you'd finally be able to get the action/modification economy the ship needs to be competitive in the game's current state.

I'd be happy with a title that removes the cannon secondary, and allows a second crew slot. With two crew, I think you'd finally be able to get the action/modification economy the ship needs to be competitive in the game's current state.

Why not just make it a 'cannon' upgrade that adds a crew slot and leave the title slot open?

Edited by GrimmyV