Sign in to follow this  
luwingospince

Barnes and Noble clearance of Armada and xwing

I have no local stores they're all out of business  :angry: Amazon is a pretty great company for the moment, they saved the paper mills up north from being shut down keeping lots of workers jobs from leaving the country, but the effect it's had on bookstores is very unfortunate. It's not Amazon's fault but it's side effect. 

I've gathered that the clearance is more of a company wide clearance then just one B&N. Seems an odd move, they get into games, then they get out of games I guess to just do book selling, then they get back into games cause you know, they need to diversify....  Looks like it might be that time of the year for them. Anyway, I'm kinda surprised in some ways they are still around.

I bought some Armada product on clearance a couple of weeks ago which was not marked as clearance in-store (but rang up at the register as 50% off). The way to check is to go the their website, pick a product (listed as full-price), and then choose the "pick up in store" option. The stores that have it on clearance will be listed and show the clearance price. Only Wave 1 and 2 from what I can tell.

I've seen each wave go into clearance at the local B&N (Austin, Tx) as they are replaced by newer waves. Though during slow intra-wave periods even the old ships can show up at full price again.

Perhaps the store just has a fixed amount of shelf space dedicated to the game?