FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Last year, I pere-ordered the HotE-Wave from an online-store here in Germany and it was delivered to me the day after US-release. Fingers crossed I will find the ToL-wave in a package on my doorstep this friday after work! ?

Edited by Fourtytwo

24 minutes ago, Fourtytwo said:

Last year, I pere-ordered the HotE-Wave from an online-store here in Germany and it was delivered to me the day after US-release. Fingers crossed I will find the ToL-wave in a package on my doorstep this friday after work! ?

Yeah, I've had a lot of variance.

With HotE last year, I got it the Monday after the Thursday release, which is actually pretty fast for where I live.

Longest might've been Jabba's Realm, which took well over two weeks to get to me (partly because of the holidays, I'm sure).

17 minutes ago, Fourtytwo said:

I'll join the countdown once the wave has been delivered to me. :lol:

I dropped by my FLGS after work last night and they received their shipment yesterday.  Still will not able to grab my preorder until today though as they are sticklers on following official street dates (which I'm fine with).

It's out there though guys!!!

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

So we went a really long time without any wave news between HotE and ToL.

Do we expect any new wave news by the end of the year?

Campaign news either?

Well... We haven't had any standalone figure packs for a while...

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

So we went a really long time without any wave news between HotE and ToL.

Do we expect any new wave news by the end of the year?

Campaign news either?

With the release of Tyrants of Lethal, I would be curious to see if they would add General Kalani/Sepratist Remnants incorporated as side missions, as well as serve as new additions to the Skirmish game. I'm sure they have probably floated that around the office, and it would certainly coincide with the renewed interest of Clone Wars.

In all honesty I don't doubt that there will be more to come (in fact we know for sure there will be more app content) but I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty substantial break before the next announcement.  But who knows - a smaller wave of figure packs, for example, could probably make it through the development cycle relatively quickly (as these things go) and we might hear something sooner than I expect.  I certainly hope so! :) 

I predict we will see a Rogue One small box as I outlined in the other thread, in the same theme as Lothal and a big Endor/Deathstar box will be the last expansion the game sees.

They are running low on iconic characters and supplemental time accurate canon material to build the boxes around. So the end is nigh. 

Who is left from the OT era material? Tarkin, Yoda, 4-LOM/Zuckuss, Wicket Warrick maybe with Ewoks? There is still some Rebels stuff they might be able to squeeze out in a blister wave.

But I also think it will be one box a year, so we still have a few years of releases to keep the game alive. That would give us a roughly 5-6 year game lifespan, seems about right.

I also think there will be at least one blister wave between the boxes, but I would love to see two. 

We will see a slow down in physical content, which we already have, and an up turn in app content, which we have yet to get. Honestly I am ok with that, there is already a ton of content in this game. 

2 hours ago, Kunitzu San said:

With the release of Tyrants of Lethal, I would be curious to see if they would add General Kalani/Sepratist Remnants incorporated as side missions, as well as serve as new additions to the Skirmish game. I'm sure they have probably floated that around the office, and it would certainly coincide with the renewed interest of Clone Wars.

+1 to that.

I think that's the way to incorporate TCW into this game, at least at first.  A new core set could come later (and be compatible with the original edition, for those who aren't worried about eras as badly in campaign).

But yeah, even just something like a reinforcement wave with Rebel Rex, Merc Battle Droid groups, and maybe Imperial Kallus would make a lot of sense to close off Rebels and open the door to more prequel stuff.