FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

10 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Pretty sure it's the relatively simple formula of X= 45-Y, with "X" being the number of days until since news until we complain and "Y" being the number of days that we haven't had any physical content in the pipeline.

So since we've still got Tyrants of Lothal in the pipeline, we're reset back to 45 days. :P

I give it until Friday. 

Not like the Product Status descriptions have ever been words to swear by, but we'll have been On the Boat for 6 weeks tomorrow.

That puts us in "upper estimate" territory, though I remember one of the RPG books was On the Boat for about 3/4 of a year in 2017.

So, I'm going with a hard "maybe?" for getting shifted to Shipping tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Not like the Product Status descriptions have ever been words to swear by, but we'll have been On the Boat for 6 weeks tomorrow.

That puts us in "upper estimate" territory, though I remember one of the RPG books was On the Boat for about 3/4 of a year in 2017.

So, I'm going with a hard "maybe?" for getting shifted to Shipping tomorrow.

I'm thinking we get the final preview of the Ally and Villain packs on Friday and then things get shipped a week or two after that. 

9 minutes ago, a1bert said:

FFG probably got fed up with criticism about the accuracy of the articles, so they switched to putting out just the cards instead.

Well, maybe GenCon being right around the corner has some small effect...

Spoilers is all we want :) "words are very unnecessary they can only do harm" (cit.)

I've been wondering about that too.

My guess is that we already got our "Campaign" and "skirmish" articles, but from some reactions it seemed like the skirmish article wasn't particularly robust.

Maybe these Facebook posts were meant to fill out that a little more?

6 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

This got quite OT over time but it seems Friday is still a spoilers day for FFQ. Last Friday Ezra+Kannan and today Sabine+Zeb. Will we see Thrawn next Friday and then Hondo in 2 weeks?

Seems likely to me. It wasn't quite what I predicted, but I'll take it. 

4 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

I want to be spoiled by the status changing to shipping - but then, I'm a strange guy I guess. :lol:

If it's like I said the will spoil last 2 pack and the in 3 Fridays release the game or at least spoil the date. It may be 4 Fridays if the want to spoil 2 packs and also ToL content before saying the release date. I think they'll end up releasing same period as HotE last year.

I was wandering on the forum of Edge Entertainment, which is the publisher(?) for the french version of Imperial Assault.  I saw a forum user ask if the app was being translated in french and a staff member from Edge stopped by and wrote a small reply telling they were in the process of translating the app.   No commitment date, just a "were working on it" answer!  Wow ... just ... wow, that's everything we've been dreaming of here on these forums ... just a few words like that would have saved so much keyboard typing in a not so distant past ;) 

By the way, if some of you know a bit of French, one forum poster on the Edge website has created an app similar to Imperial Directive.  Right now, it supports Core, TW, BG, RtH and JR physical campaigns.  I had previously tried V1.8 but he has apparently upgraded his version (v1.9b) to include the maps which looks very cool!  

https://gravaillonblog.wordpress.com/blog/assaut-sur-lempire/

Golden question of the week: Could anything be revealed at GenCon?

It's not going to be The Legion Show (well, at least probably not as bad as last year). X-Wing ate up pretty much the entire Hyperspace Report at Worlds, but like Legion, I'd imagine they'd get some time at GenCon too.

But another thing- could we get something new? Not even necessarily as in a new announcement for IA stuff or any other existing line, but a brand new line announced in general?

Edited by subtrendy2

4 hours ago, ManateeX said:

Does anybody know if the In-Flight report is being streamed anywhere this year?

I would try to keep an eye on FFG's twitch and Team Covenant's Youtube channel (although I think they said they didn't plan to stream it).

Edited by a1bert

Wow, I thought it was going to be on Friday for some reason, but apparently the In-Flight Report is tonight!  (7 PM EST).  I kinda like that, I'll actually be able to watch and not be at work.

I think I remember last year they tweeted out a link to a stream at the start of the event.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:46 PM, IanSolo_FFG said:

I was wandering on the forum of Edge Entertainment, which is the publisher(?) for the french version of Imperial Assault.  I saw a forum user ask if the app was being translated in french and a staff member from Edge stopped by and wrote a small reply telling they were in the process of translating the app.   No commitment date, just a "were working on it" answer!  Wow ... just ... wow, that's everything we've been dreaming of here on these forums ... just a few words like that would have saved so much keyboard typing in a not so distant past ;) 

By the way, if some of you know a bit of French, one forum poster on the Edge website has created an app similar to Imperial Directive.  Right now, it supports Core, TW, BG, RtH and JR physical campaigns.  I had previously tried V1.8 but he has apparently upgraded his version (v1.9b) to include the maps which looks very cool!  

https://gravaillonblog.wordpress.com/blog/assaut-sur-lempire/

The italian community is quite active on our FB group and in that group we have translators for italian version. They gave us same update: "we are working on it". Considering that in 8 days we'll get a new campaign I think they'll never catch up with the job :) FFG is quicker at publishing campaigns than translating them!

Edited by Golan Trevize