Jump to content
FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Recommended Posts

Ugh, throwing Tarkin's face all up like that on an Imperial Assault article.  Not cool. :P

 

Realistically, I probably don't even want Tarkin in this game anyway, but his announcement would at least mean other content as well.

 

Cool to see us getting yet another article though, even if it's just a skirmish map. Nice to know we're not totally forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Ugh, throwing Tarkin's face all up like that on an Imperial Assault article.  Not cool. :P

 

Realistically, I probably don't even want Tarkin in this game anyway, but his announcement would at least mean other content as well.

 

Cool to see us getting yet another article though, even if it's just a skirmish map. Nice to know we're not totally forgotten.

Meh. He's no more out of place in this game than Jabba, Greedo, Palpatine, or Thrawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

Meh. He's no more out of place in this game than Jabba, Greedo, Palpatine, or Thrawn.

True, I'm not saying there's no precedent for it.

 

I just think that at this point, there are still other options than simply another support officer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

True, I'm not saying there's no precedent for it.

 

I just think that at this point, there are still other options than simply another support officer.

You realize this may be foreshadowing for the next boxed expansion, don't you?  Everyone got all jazzed when a then unknown clone trooper (now revealed as CT-1701) showed up on a skirmish map or something quite while before Tyrants of Lothal was announced.  Could this be foreshadowing that the next boxed expansion will be the much speculated Rogue One expansion?  I'm sure the play testers in this forum know, but their NDA forbids revealing that knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bill_andel said:

You realize this may be foreshadowing for the next boxed expansion, don't you?  Everyone got all jazzed when a then unknown clone trooper (now revealed as CT-1701) showed up on a skirmish map or something quite while before Tyrants of Lothal was announced.  Could this be foreshadowing that the next boxed expansion will be the much speculated Rogue One expansion?  I'm sure the play testers in this forum know, but their NDA forbids revealing that knowledge.

Maybe. It's definitely possible.

 

But I think that it could also simply be because the map is Tarkin Initiate Labs, or whatever.

 

But anything's possible!

 

1 hour ago, cnemmick said:

It's FRIDAY!!!!!

<refresh>

<refresh>

<refresh>

Edit: Oh, Destiny article.

<refresh>

<refresh>

Haha, I'm there with you, though I honestly don't expect any news this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Haha, I'm there with you, though I honestly don't expect any news this week.

 

5 minutes ago, cnemmick said:

Oh look, once again I'm instantly wrong.

 

I'll hapily take that though. Maybe I'm reading too deeply into this, but we did just get two articles in a row...

 

Seems like things are moving quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite happy to be wrong about the Death Trooper skirmish cards — glad that the Empire can keep up with the activation arms race.

They still have to do previews for the ally and villain packs, but my guess is that this will be released sometime in August. X-Wing is releasing in September, but ToL beat it to the boat a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 6:17 PM, sionnach19 said:

I'm quite happy to be wrong about the Death Trooper skirmish cards — glad that the Empire can keep up with the activation arms race.

They still have to do previews for the ally and villain packs, but my guess is that this will be released sometime in August. X-Wing is releasing in September, but ToL beat it to the boat a few weeks ago.

I know I'm probably setting up myself for disappointment, but I'm pretty convinced it'll be out by GenCon now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a1bert said:

GenCon starts Aug 2nd. ;)

 

That's within a reasonable amount of time for that boat to get here.

 

Shipping might be a different story, but as I understand it they still have this wave for sale at the con while it's shipping, correct?

 

I feel like that's what happened with the droid wave at a different con last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in the past they have airshipped product that otherwise would have arrived late to sell at GenCon. It's far from uncommon to buy things at GenCon/Essen/Origins/etc, well before you can buy in a store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:33 AM, Fightwookies said:

If the boat gets here, it doesn’t really need to take the next 10 day process to get shipped out to stores and have an official release date. Just load up a truck and take a bunch of boxes down to gencon. 

Is that how customs works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

Wonder if we get a pack preview tomorrow 

Maybe.

 

My guess is we'll get all the packs together again, like HotE, and it'll happen the day they switch to shipping. 

 

Next week seems more likely, but consider how often I've wrong in the past I'm almost incentived to try and guess later dates at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Legion got Palpatine and Royal Guards.

 

swl23_a1_photo2.jpg

 

Honestly, I don't hate the Palpatine. I'd say its model is slightly better than our own, and I like the cane.

 

Not a fan of the Royal Guards, though.  They're too action-posey.

 

 

Once again- in both cases, I feel like the Legion minis, for better or for worse, are trying hard to differentiate themselves from our game.  Which I personally appreciate, variety is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Hmm... Legion got Palpatine and Royal Guards.

 

swl23_a1_photo2.jpg

 

Honestly, I don't hate the Palpatine. I'd say its model is slightly better than our own, and I like the cane.

 

Not a fan of the Royal Guards, though.  They're too action-posey.

 

 

Once again- in both cases, I feel like the Legion minis, for better or for worse, are trying hard to differentiate themselves from our game.  Which I personally appreciate, variety is a good thing.

Me, I prefer the IA version of Palpatine, ready to force-light-up fool rebel heroes who dare get close enough.  The Legion Palpatine looks like he's just got out of an imperial shuttle ready to attend some grand ceremony.  In fact, Legion Palpatine would go along very well with IA Royal Guards for display in a DS II diorama (at least for the pose ... not yet sure about the size since Legion seems to have slightly bigger figures).  

I'd also like variety ... if they were compatible with IA size-wise ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty weird how quickly they got Palps, though.

 

We had years of "it's a SKIRMISH game, Palpatine doesn't fit" before we got him.  Legion is arguably much more of a Skirmish game than IA is, even. At least we have a story mode that can arguably justify his presence. And at least our Palps can stand up straight on his own. 

 

Makes me really wonder where they're gonna go from here for Imperial uniques. I wonder if they'll do something like early IA, and make some original unique units like Weiss and Terro.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...