FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

On 6/15/2018 at 10:39 AM, subtrendy2 said:

Yep! :)

Looks like us our shortest boat trip has typically been about a month, while our longest was about 2.5 months.

Gencon might just be a possibility after all.

Regardless of your thoughts on a higher power- can I get a collective thank god? This wait has been pretty tedious and the info already given has been exciting but sparse.

20 hours ago, King_Balrog said:

Regardless of your thoughts on a higher power- can I get a collective thank god? This wait has been pretty tedious and the info already given has been exciting but sparse.

Honestly, for some reason this wait hasn't been nearly as bad for me as Jabba or HotE.  Not sure why, but it doesn't seem all that long ago it was announced.

Unless you mean the wait between HotE's release and Tyrants' announcement. Because that was ****.

I'm definitely hoping for some new info soon, though.

13 hours ago, MadFuhrer said:

I have so many of those things from the arkham horror board game, that they are coming out of my ears.  I sent this article to my gaming friends and they thought it was a joke!

Same, but with Eldritch.

I think I have some extra from Descent, too.

I mean, I guess I'm glad for those who need them, though... :P

If FFG wants to market truly useful tokens, what about something in a mini-poker chip like format the same diameter as figure bases to replace damage and condition tokens.  I can never get my minis to stay standing once they get more than a token or two.  Figure for tokens of the same color you could put zero, one, two white hashes on the edge of each quadrant to distinguish them. e.g. one damage: red, no hash, five damage: red one hash, weakened: purple no hash, bleeding: purple one hash, stunned: purple two hash, etc.

3 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

Wait, are you placing tokens under the bases? madness :)

Yeah, I've not printed (or won in tournaments since I play strictly campaign) the multi-figure tracking sheets that let you apply conditions there.  And if I did, I'd end up taking up half the table with just the imperial stuff and standing the whole session just to be able to reach everything. *sigh*  When it's a one figure unit, I just put stuff on the card.  I guess when I get around to painting and applying stickers to the minis, I could use the colored numbered tokens next to the relevant deployment cards.  I just don't want to put stickers on now because *eventually* I'll paint the minis.

Ha, fair enough. (now I'm imagining Leaning Tower of Pisa-esque figure / token stacks :D )To be honest, I've tried cards, they work OK, but found in the chaos of campaign it still gets messy. My group and I have kinda just fallen back to placing near/off board for groups.

The Upcoming page tells that Maul and Ahsoka are currently in reprint. It also tells it's generally 6-8 weeks on the boat, then 1-2 weeks to ship to stores. However, the previous releases have been simultaneous, i.e. ship to stores have been practically left out.

Depending on how often the Upcoming page is actually updated, we may see Tyrants of Lothal during GenCon. Or just after. Or just in August. Or in September. Or just in time for Christmas.

Didn't reveal as much in this as I would have liked (nothing on Agenda sets, new equipment, not even the starting ability for the new Imperial class deck), but maybe I had outsized expectations for a small box. 

Still, it's an update. Hooray! If we count the plastic stands, that's two in one week. They DO care about IA!