FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

I feel like FFG articles have slowed down a lot lately, in general.  Fridays used to be a huge day, at least 2 articles if not more.

Now, we typically get just one- in fact, it's more and more common to get a single article a day now.

I dunno, I'm not so much complaining (because I don't expect any IA articles for a while now anyway), just kinda making an observation.

I think today's really the first day I wouldn't be surprised if we got some new info on Tyrants since it's been almost two months.

But I definitely wouldn't expecting anything, still.

Is it weird that, out of everything, I'm most excited to see what more of those new Lothal tiles look like?  I love the idea of using desert tiles for Savannah- doesn't sound good on paper, but from what little I've seen so far they've made it look great!

Edited by subtrendy2

3 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

I'm most excited to see what more of those new Lothal tiles look like?

What I'm most excited about is the accompanying campaign. I wonder if this will be a force-focused story? (Although, I don't know how that would work, especially since neither of the new heroes are, presumably, force users). Still, it'll be interesting to see what the story is this time around :)

54 minutes ago, angelman2 said:

What I'm most excited about is the accompanying campaign. I wonder if this will be a force-focused story? (Although, I don't know how that would work, especially since neither of the new heroes are, presumably, force users). Still, it'll be interesting to see what the story is this time around :)

I could maybe see that, since there is the Jedi temple on Lothal. But it's such an integral part of Rebels' plot.  Ezra and Kanan could be related to it too, since they're force users in this wave, I guess.  In fact, with four unique allies stuffed into a smallbox campaign, this should be interesting.  That's more uniques than we've had for any single faction in one wave, as far as I can tell.

HotE has, in my opinion, one of the most interesting campaigns, storyline wise at least.  I hope Tyrants takes what worked and runs with it.

Edited by subtrendy2

Sounds like a new tournament format?

Entanglement tournament.

By incentivizing your victories with extra rewards, an Entanglement tournament elevates your Imperial Assaultskirmishes, coloring them with more of the themes and tensions of the Galactic Civil War. You have more reason to defeat your opponent's Stormtroopers and avoid the Hunters looking to collect the bounty on Han's head. There's a touch more pressure to score as many objective points as you can and to battle for every terminal and Command card.

9 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

In fact, with four unique allies stuffed into a smallbox campaign, this should be interesting.  That's more uniques than we've had for any single faction in one wave, as far as I can tell.

I am intrigued by that as well.  4 unique allies in a 6-mission campaign sounds like a lot, considering past campaign histories (built in mission scenario allies have never showed up in every missions).   Add on top of that Hera and Chopper (yes they are from a completely different wave, I wonder if FFG will have come up with a mechanic for that since "small" campaigns do not usually allow inclusion of side missions) and we have potentially 6 unique allies that could fit the campaign. 

Maybe it hints at a (separate and different) app campaign coming along with the box, both being themed with Lothal!  That would be great!  All 3 official ways of playing the game (1 vs 1-2-3-4 campaign, App campaign and skirmish) released at the same time!   

4 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

I am intrigued by that as well.  4 unique allies in a 6-mission campaign sounds like a lot, considering past campaign histories (built in mission scenario allies have never showed up in every missions).   Add on top of that Hera and Chopper (yes they are from a completely different wave, I wonder if FFG will have come up with a mechanic for that since "small" campaigns do not usually allow inclusion of side missions) and we have potentially 6 unique allies that could fit the campaign. 

Yeah, the Rebels characters just seem like they're kind of a package deal.  I guess I could see them working individually, but it would be great to have at least one mission with all four of them as allies, in some big chaotic fight.  Hera and Chop would be icing on that cake.

Maybe it hints at a (separate and different) app campaign coming along with the box, both being themed with Lothal!  That would be great!  All 3 official ways of playing the game (1 vs 1-2-3-4 campaign, App campaign and skirmish) released at the same time!   

Maybe!  It's selfish of me, but now that I'm almost through our app run, I'm totally more excited about more app content.

•  

2 hours ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

That's a good point.  What if the small box campaign is the prelude to a larger app campaign.  It seems allies show up much more in the app. 

1 hour ago, Rikalonius said:

That's a good point.  What if the small box campaign is the prelude to a larger app campaign.  It seems allies show up much more in the app. 

I'd also like to see allies built-in (either regualr or app) missions too.  Let's say you start a mission outside a cantina and the objective is to meet a contact inside it.  Once you enter the cantina, you find out Zeb is your contact and he's busy dealing with some Stormtroopers and Deathtroopers! Now your objective is to clear the room and then interact with Zeb to get the information you were seeking for to progress you mission.  Zeb may then stay with the hero crew for the rest of the mission as an ally.

Or he could thank you for your help and stay behind to cover your escape.  Then later in the same mission you could receive help from Sabine who shows up at a crucial moment.  Could be an interesting way to include as many allies as possible within the campaign.

Or instead of  Zeb or Sabine, the mission rule could say something like once you enter the cantina, you see a familiar face fighting imperials.  Rebels may use a unique ally that is worth no more than X threat.  That would allow us to use Hera or chopper during the campaign without FFG having to cross their "non written" rule of no expansion crossover (there can only be 2 ... the Core box components and the expansion box components, no more no less ;)

On 6/1/2018 at 11:40 AM, aermet69 said:

Sounds like a new tournament format?

IA is now getting Event Outlines, similar to what X-Wing and Destiny have: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b4/40/b44015c9-533a-421c-a4ab-ebadb5e5d2d5/swi-entanglement-eo.pdf

Really hoping this leads to something similar FFG is doing with Legion's Operations. I'd like to see IA Events where the map scenarios and victory conditions are modified.

4 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

You know, things have been rough around here before, but they've never been "Release an article explaining the status of all other games in our genre" rough. RIP Netrunner.  Sincere condolences to anyone who played.

Same. First the Star Wars LCG and now this. Interesting that both of these games and X-wing seemed to have a lifespan of 5-6 years before they either get a new edition or they were discontinued. Are there any other games that FFG has ever announced they are "winding down?" How long did they last?