FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

59 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if May the 4th (which also falls on a Friday) doesn't have any other big Star Wars news

Does an article on Star Wars: Force and Destiny count? ? 
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/4/bind-the-galaxy-together/

The answer is no.... it doesn't count...

Just now, machfalcon said:

Does an article on Star Wars: Force and Destiny count? ? 
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/4/bind-the-galaxy-together/

Hide contents

The answer is no.... it doesn't count...

I'll take it, I guess.

Hard turn from last year's huge reveal not only of Heart of the Empire, but also Rebellion's Rise of the Empire. 

That was a good day.  This... is forgettable.

14 hours ago, machfalcon said:

Well, not much but it's something... skirmish championship prizes.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/7/let-me-show-you/

Hey, it's more than we got on the 4th.

That Kanan card is really cool, though I think I'd rather stick with the original since it better matches the model.  Still, interesting to see alternate art for him already.  Is that common?  Or yet item that supports the theory that this wave is a little behind schedule?

Also, would we get alternate cards before the wave arrives?  (The North American competition where these prizes will be awarded is at Gen Con Indiana, which is August 2-5 this year).

Edited by subtrendy2

54 minutes ago, aermet69 said:

Or maybe the release isn't behind schedule, but they delayed news due to Legion? 

Another solid theory.  

We're still "In Development", but I think that the Upcoming page isn't really that reliable.  I've seen items fly off "At the Printer" or "On the Boat" in a matter of days, as hilariously unrealistic as that would be in real life.

It is Friday, but I don't think we'll see any more for Tyrants yet.

It's usually at least a little over a month between announcements and spoilers.

It was a little over two and a half months between HotE's announcement and spoiler.  My guess is we'll hear something by mid June.  We could see something for the app or something else today, but it doesn't seem likely.  If there was big Star Wars news, it would've made sense to announce it during last week's incredibly disappointing May 4th.

edit: Not even ten minutes later and Legion gets a new announcement.  :P

Anyway... brace yourselves, because they got scout troopers.  Personally, I could take 'em or leave 'em since we already have some version of them in the E-Webs and Blaise, but I've got a feeling this won't sit right with a lot of IA fans.

Edited by subtrendy2

The scout troopers look pretty cool. I expect them in the Endor box, but not on speeder bikes. Then I guess ewoks will be the scum figure, cause of lothalcats can be scum...

speaking of scum, boba is an empire unit? This means they are just sticking with the two factions in Legion? Won't that one side the material a bit towards empire? Gives them a lot more options for content. Also means the rebels will be reaching more as I feel they already have with the at-rt and snow speeder thingie. 

4 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

The scout troopers look pretty cool. I expect them in the Endor box, but not on speeder bikes. Then I guess ewoks will be the scum figure, cause of lothalcats can be scum...

speaking of scum, boba is an empire unit? This means they are just sticking with the two factions in Legion? Won't that one side the material a bit towards empire? Gives them a lot more options for content. Also means the rebels will be reaching more as I feel they already have with the at-rt and snow speeder thingie. 

Boba (Slave I)  was Empire in x-wing and then they released a Scum variant later.

Regarding Mercenaries in IA-

One big difference is that mercs don't really represent their own specific army, but that they're basically a catch-all term for "non-Rebel, non-Imperial".

That's why you get stuff like Jawas, Wampas, HK Assassin droids, and freakin Loth Cats in addition to the more traditionally scum stuff like Gamorrean Guards, Trandoshan Hunters, and Boba Fett.

In Legion, it might be weird to have a hodge-podge Merc list in the squad based combat.  I'm just not sure it would be a good fit.

1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

I think this shows they have to "reach" for named Imperials as much as they need to "reach" for non-trooper Rebel ideas.

There are quite a few iconic named individuals for the Rebellion.  Galactic Empire? Vader, Palpatine, Fett (and maybe Krennic but if you add him in, you just opened up the door for 5-6 named Rebels :D).

6 hours ago, FSD said:

I think this shows they have to "reach" for named Imperials as much as they need to "reach" for non-trooper Rebel ideas.

There are quite a few iconic named individuals for the Rebellion.  Galactic Empire? Vader, Palpatine, Fett (and maybe Krennic but if you add him in, you just opened up the door for 5-6 named Rebels :D).

Crix Madine would make a great addition to the Legion landscape.  

That's kinda (one of my) problem(s) with Legion.

It just doesn't really represent the conflict we see in the movies and media.  I know we've discussed this before, but I think the hero selection really nails that point.

Quick, name 10 frontline Rebel heroes and 10 frontline Imperial heroes.

See, that's just not how we usually see these factions.  Sure, you could take the characters from the Battlefront books, and I guess Han and Leia count because of Endor, but typically these are the conflicts we see in the OT:

1) Rebel operatives on a secret mission

2) Rebel heroes in starfighters fighting generally generic TIEs

3) Rebel capital ships engaging Imperial capital ships

Big ground battles just are so rarely a thing, and I think our inability to really justify a lot of the heroes (even for some heroes already in the smaller scale skirmishes in IA) really shows the cracks in that.

For instance, I can accept Thrawn in IA, because maybe the Rebel operatives caught him offguard in his base.  

But in Legion, it's definitely more of a stretch.  Even though it's a larger scale conflict,  it just doesn't seem large enough.

3 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

For instance, I can accept Thrawn in IA, because maybe the Rebel operatives caught him offguard in his base.  

But in Legion, it's definitely more of a stretch.  Even though it's a larger scale conflict,  it just doesn't seem large enough.

*Cough Battle of Atollon Cough*