Jump to content
FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Recommended Posts

Yay!

 

Seems weird that the Lothcats are Imperial/Merc, but at least it's not the Loth wolves.

 

Anyway...

 

Stuff confirmed by the supposed leak:

- Clone Wars vet hero (and not Rex, like was originally expected- still want the big guy, of course!)

- Thrawn, Death Troopers

-Lothal Setting

 

 

Random Predictions  based on common sense:

- Hondo as a merc

-Dual packs containing Kanan/Ezra and Sabine/Zeb 

 

Probably the two biggest surprises were the Loth Cats and the fact that this is a small box.

 

 

Now, the big question- when can we expect this, do you think?  It's already up for preorder apparently, so I think it's not too unrealistic to think August, maybe as early as mid-July.  But I might need someone to temper that with some realism for me.

 

Anyway, fantastic news, and sorry if I've been a grump lately!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now this was unexpecting . i'm happy for the long followers of IA . Hope they dont stop here :) 

btw will it be more news about the app ? will they keep updating it with missions and stuff ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gmcc said:

now this was unexpecting . i'm happy for the long followers of IA . Hope they dont stop here :) 

btw will it be more news about the app ? will they keep updating it with missions and stuff ?

I certainly hope so.  If anything, I think we can still expect an update at the Hyperspace Report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yay!

 

Seems weird that the Lothcats are Imperial/Merc, but at least it's not the Loth wolves.

 

Anyway...

 

Stuff confirmed by the supposed leak:

- Clone Wars vet hero (and not Rex, like was originally expected- still want the big guy, of course!)

- Thrawn, Death Troopers

-Lothal Setting

 

 

Random Predictions  based on common sense:

- Hondo as a merc

-Dual packs containing Kanan/Ezra and Sabine/Zeb 

 

Probably the two biggest surprises were the Loth Cats and the fact that this is a small box.

 

 

Now, the big question- when can we expect this, do you think?  It's already up for preorder apparently, so I think it's not too unrealistic to think August, maybe as early as mid-July.  But I might need someone to temper that with some realism for me.

 

Anyway, fantastic news, and sorry if I've been a grump lately!

 

 

 

It's been hard on us all. 

 

Small box surprised me too. My logic was that IA was getting at most two more boxes, and only one of them would be a big box. And if you're going to make a big box, it'll probably sell better in 2018 than 2019. 

 

My guess on the release date is September or October. BG only took 3 months from announcement to shipping, but 4 -5 months seems more typical. 

 

For two years we got a big box and a small box. Then we got a big box and a small app update. Now we know we're getting a small box. I'm still expecting a full campaign app update this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, angelman2 said:

I suspect you haven't seen the ally/villain support wave (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/13/spectres-tyrants-and-pirates/), 'cause both of your common sense predictions were confirmed there :)

Oh I totally have :)

 

I was just listing some predictions off the top of my head that the community made here that turned out true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well let's review my predictions from just this morning...

Nothing until the May 1 announcement at Worlds - WRONG

Admitting that they could be closing the book - WRONG

Thinking it'd be a big box, as they seem to be done with small box expansions - WRONG

Predicting it'd be either Endor box or Rogue One Box - WRONG

 

Wow, I should make predictions more often

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BowTiesRCool said:

well let's review my predictions from just this morning...

Nothing until the May 1 announcement at Worlds - WRONG

Admitting that they could be closing the book - WRONG

Thinking it'd be a big box, as they seem to be done with small box expansions - WRONG

Predicting it'd be either Endor box or Rogue One Box - WRONG

 

Wow, I should make predictions more often

 

To be fair, they could still announce the sunsetting of this product in a later article on this wave.  Pretty sure that's what happened with the LCG.

 

Of course, I still hope that doesn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 9:40 AM, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I was thinking this too. Death troopers would be a great way to sell a small box expansion.  I could see getting two sets of two of them, similar to Heavy Stormtroopers. It would make sense to have a small box, centered on Lothal, with Thrawn as one of the main villains, Rex as an ally and some interesting new terrain. Of course, if that were the case, we'd probably get two new Hero's:) Who would likely be early rebellion members. Generally one male and one female....

And for Mercs, maybe Rook? Or some partisans? Or a Devonian arms dealer? For a small box, I'd expect 4-6 mercs. Not sure who that would be in a Lothal box.

Of course, this is probably all a pipe-dream and will probably be defunct before I finish day-dream-typing.

Sorry- I can't help but post this pseudo- I told you so...(not like I was the only one)

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I certainly hope so.  If anything, I think we can still expect an update at the Hyperspace Report.

It's weird that they announced the hyperspace report, where we can expect new announcements, and followed it up with new stuff for imperial assault.

Maybe they will announce a rebels themed digital campaign during the report and wanted to get the physical stuff out of the way first.

We've got the first rogue one content, hopefully that's an indication of what will come next.

It makes sense to jump on the rebels show now, with only one season left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mulletcheese said:

It's weird that they announced the hyperspace report, where we can expect new announcements, and followed it up with new stuff for imperial assault.

Maybe they will announce a rebels themed digital campaign during the report and wanted to get the physical stuff out of the way first.

We've got the first rogue one content, hopefully that's an indication of what will come next.

It makes sense to jump on the rebels show now, with only one season left.

 

19 minutes ago, Kenseventy said:

I've got some news for you...

I also have news for you... Death Troopers also show up in Rebels... and there are no more episodes comin up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, I do a quick refresh to see if anything happened and boom! haha.

Great news, loving that we finally got some Deathtroopers and all of Spectre team, happy times.

And yes, anyone who hasn't seen rebels, go do it, I was surprisingly blown away by quite a few moments in that series, well worth a watch, some of the most epic star warsing I've ever seen (and you get used to the animation style after a while).

Sweet! Deathtroopers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 54NCH32 said:

Awesome, I do a quick refresh to see if anything happened and boom! haha.

Great news, loving that we finally got some Deathtroopers and all of Spectre team, happy times.

And yes, anyone who hasn't seen rebels, go do it, I was surprisingly blown away by quite a few moments in that series, well worth a watch, some of the most epic star warsing I've ever seen (and you get used to the animation style after a while).

Sweet! Deathtroopers!

The Animation is so, so bad. I took me a while to be forgiving of it.  It didn't help that the first season was such pandering fan service by adding in all the established characters, even if it doesn't fit.  However, by the end of the second season i was starting to like every other episode, and then I really got into 3 and 4, though they are not all gold.  Some are still schlock.   It would have been so much better with TCW animation level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we'll be able to use the campaign missions from the ally /villain packs to stretch out the campaign from 6-10 in length? That way we're not so much getting a small box, more a big box minus too much extra cardboard... (and more white troopers). 

 

I still think we don't have to worry about producing new IA stuff until they announce Yoda (and possibly Ewoks). They're the last big ones we really *need* to have before they close the book.

 

Also Ffg - where's Aphra? :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 8:25 PM, AphraFanBoy said:

I wonder if we'll be able to use the campaign missions from the ally /villain packs to stretch out the campaign from 6-10 in length? That way we're not so much getting a small box, more a big box minus too much extra cardboard... (and more white troopers). 

 

I still think we don't have to worry about producing new IA stuff until they announce Yoda (and possibly Ewoks). They're the last big ones we really *need* to have before they close the book.

 

Also Ffg - where's Aphra? :P

 

That's not a bad idea.

 

This looks to be a very character heavy wave, even for a Large Box.  I have yet to bother with playing a Small Box campaign on its own, so I'd prefer a more longform option.

 

Then again, my group still hasn't played HotE, and we're in the middle of a D&D campaign right now and will likely follow up with a Descent campaign, so there's definitely no rush on my end for more long campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group I play with does not want to do a long campaign which I feel has more of a challenge to it. Plus now the group is up to six players so I don't think that we will be playing it any more. It will be just the wife and I playing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, aermet69 said:

I'd love them to unveil a bit more on the Skirmish front of the expansion.

they gotta save something for the future articles.  I expect this before the end of the summer (august sometime)

frankly, I think the skirmish and the campaign will be very similar as in the past for most figures. I already expect Kanan to have some sort of defensive reroll ability like Core Luke does for attacks. Ezra will have some offensive reroll for a figure within 3 spaces. Sabine, I expect to be almost identical.

Thrawn and Hondo will need some different wording.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, this has probably been said before. But do we think that we'll see a Boba fix in this box? Or in the Sabine pack? Maybe that'll be in the skirmish article.

Edit: I don't see a hidden Mercenary card in the Sabine/Zeb pack teaser so probably not unless they just purposefully omitted it. Based on the article it would have to be in Hondo's pack or the box...my bet would be on the box.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...