Jump to content
FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Recommended Posts

I am feeling like that at this report. We will get "Here is a new wave for IA and we will be closing the book on it." That is just my gut feeling on it based on 6 months with nothing at all. I will be fine if that happens because I can't get people to play the campaign with me. Skirmish I really suck at it so it is just for fun when I play it with the group from facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, supersayian said:

I am feeling like that at this report. We will get "Here is a new wave for IA and we will be closing the book on it." That is just my gut feeling on it based on 6 months with nothing at all. I will be fine if that happens because I can't get people to play the campaign with me. Skirmish I really suck at it so it is just for fun when I play it with the group from facebook.

That's possible.

 

At least then we'd have closure, though I'd totally be down for as much as we could get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be shocked if there was a "close the book" moment, but I think the slow down is more likely.  Go to a pace of one big box per year, and one smaller wave of character packs that may or may not tie into that years big box.  Still would like to see an Endor box, or maybe a Rogue One box this year, and future years could easily bring in one box for each of Episodes 7-9.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think this would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is "the end", like others I expect at least one more boxed expansion and a reinforcement wave.

I'd personally like to see an Endor themed (as in Forest tiles that can be used for many different environs but at least a few missions occur on the forest moon of Endor so we can get Ewoks and Scout Troopers) and a wave to finish out the Rebels cast and finally give us 4-LOM and Zuckuss. 

I know a lot of people want Rogue One but I feel IA is already basically a "non-canon, fan-run version of Rogue One" so I do not feel the need to have Jyn, Cassian, and Co. appear as Allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with Endor is that there is nothing really new for the look of the tiles, and Ewoks simply aren't that great.

Rogue One, or more likely, Solo, gives you new tiles (tropical tiles/beaches) that no other pack has provided plus Death/Beach and the new Mud troopers. It won't follow either movie but the tiles AND minis are things that IA doesn't currently have.

As for the IA end game, as long as they keep the reprints going and it doesn't all become OOP, then the App will continue to expand just like Descent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is getting killed on May 1. Think about it. This is a huge presentation broadcast in front of a live audience of the product's biggest fans the day before a tournament. You don't announce you're killing a product like that. You do it quietly, in a press release in your website, months before or after and event, like they did with the LCG. 

Maybe we'll get acknowledgement of a slow down, but more likely is that that will NEVER come. It'd be extremely unusual from a marketing perspective. The people who are excited and want to buy are going to buy, so saying you are slowing things down will only mute enthusiasm for those on the fence.

This could be something big that affects all product lines equally, or it be a bunch of updates with some games affected more than others, but I guarantee that this is going to be only good news for all, and that by May 1, we're going to know about 100% of the physical content IA is getting in 2018. Only exception might be keeping mum on an app update that drops at year end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, FSD said:

I know a lot of people want Rogue One but I feel IA is already basically a "non-canon, fan-run version of Rogue One" so I do not feel the need to have Jyn, Cassian, and Co. appear as Allies.

I agree with you in terms of the tiles (beaches would be very pretty, but seem like they would be limited) and story (is there anything else related to Rogue 1 that really needs to be told?), but boy oh boy would I like to play with Chirrut and Baze minis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

That's possible.

 

At least then we'd have closure, though I'd totally be down for as much as we could get.

I agree with you on the more content. It just depends on the higher ups in FFG/Asmodee. At least we shall see what happens on May 1st. By "Close the book" I mean no more physical content just digital content like they did with descent.

Edited by supersayian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gallanteer said:

The problem with Endor is that there is nothing really new for the look of the tiles, and Ewoks simply aren't that great.

Rogue One, or more likely, Solo, gives you new tiles (tropical tiles/beaches) that no other pack has provided plus Death/Beach and the new Mud troopers. It won't follow either movie but the tiles AND minis are things that IA doesn't currently have.

As for the IA end game, as long as they keep the reprints going and it doesn't all become OOP, then the App will continue to expand just like Descent.

yeah rogue one would be nice and would add cool characters to board. BUT this game needs Endor, was major part of the universe they bringed to table  and if they added the other ones this one should be added as wel.. beside being requested by a lot of fans. Would be nice if Episode 7-9 would appear as well but that is being too much optimistic. Let's see what they bring but from what i see unfortunantly this game is dying and they moved one for anothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm going to have to start watching Rebels... :)

 

Some of the new spoiled cards look pretty neat!  I really like Thrawn's ability to effectively choose which rebel can't go first.  That will have a big impact in a lot of campaign situations.

Add that to his other ability, giving figures more bonuses later in the round, and he'll have a big effect on the flow of the mission even when it's not his activation.  Thematically, I think that's pretty darn cool!

Edited by ManateeX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Looks like I'm going to have to start watching Rebels... :)

 

Some of the new spoiled cards look pretty neat!  I really like Thrawn's ability to effectively choose which rebel can't go first.  That will have a big impact in a lot of campaign situations.

Add that to his other ability, giving figures more bonuses later in the round, and he'll have a big effect on the flow of the mission even when it's not his activation.  Thematically, I think that's pretty darn cool!

I was thinking the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'll be...

Love Thrawn. Love the Death Troopers. Still want Yoda and Scout Troopers.  I REALLY want to see what the concept is behind CT-1701. And what the heck is a Lothcat? Those things look about as useful as Ugnaughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...