FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

5 minutes ago, Inmate4251 said:

Not IA related, but at least it isn't legion either. Looks like we get updated Armada rules and more binders with star wars pictures on them to store dice and cards in.

You're a genius, trimming the url. I never thought to do that.

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

The AT-RT is a Rebel unit.  

It's because even in the Core box, Legion is struggling to make a convincing case for the Rebels being able to go toe to toe with the Imperial War Machine in a full scale battle.  So they had to draw from the Clone Wars already (I know we got the Nexu too, but Mercs are pretty well fleshed out at this point).

Another reason why IA is better.

Oh, also, despite what the Penny Arcade comic says, at least IA costs less, doesn't break easily, and generally doesn't require assembly.  Another win for us!  :P

Oh I get why they put it in Legion. I'm thinking in-universe. Like, why did those Republic-turned-Imperial engineers even think it needed to exist?

10 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

Oh I get why they put it in Legion. I'm thinking in-universe. Like, why did those Republic-turned-Imperial engineers even think it needed to exist?

Ah, I see.

Yeah, the naming is pretty weird.  

The AT-STs are a lot hardier than the AT-RTs, and also much slower.  You can see in the Ryloth arc of TCW that the recons are crazy fast (seriously, they look ridiculous, like Ostriches).

So yeah, the naming is weird, but I can see how each fills a different purpose.  If anything, I'm curious why AT-RTs existed in the Clone Wars when Speeder Bikes seem like a much cheaper and more practical alternative (not to mention stealthier) that existed at the time and served virtually the same purpose.

Edited by subtrendy2

I love how outdated the title of this thread is now.  

"It's Friday!!!!! Who Will We See Spoiled Today??" implies that Friday is some sort of big event for Imperial Assault as a community.

Nowadays, it's no surprise that the sentiment behind "Will we ever get a new ****ing article" has made that thread pretty much on par with this one, despite the fact that they're basically the same thing.  It just has that... je ne sais quio that captures that zeitgeist of so many fans now.

9 hours ago, thestag said:

It is taboo for me to say that I just hope Legion falls flat on its face and is a colossal failure?

Because that's my hope.

I mean, if it is taboo then I've got a lot of explaining to do for openly having that sentiment for the past eight months.

Also @FrogTrigger, notice how they also casually threw in the word "campaign" into the description as well?

Image result for you keep using that word

Edited by subtrendy2

The only thought this week is that Legionaires affected the website on Wednesday. Hopefully that means there'll be something different tomorrow.

Oh hang on, I bet it'll be Destiny again.

Anything other than an IA, Armada or even Fallout expansion article then I'll be disappointed yet again. Heck, even news about a full App campaign would be good news right now.

Come on FFG, where is my box expansion including Death/Beach Troopers?

Edited by Gallanteer

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

I mean, if it is taboo then I've got a lot of explaining to do for openly having that sentiment for the past eight months.

Also @FrogTrigger, notice how they also casually threw in the word "campaign" into the description as well?

Image result for you keep using that word

Well, it's not quite the same as a IA campaign but...

The idea has some merit and honestly it's more of a "military campaign" than a "character campaign" - which is what I consider IA.

So that's it right? On May 1 we're getting the announcement that they're putting out a new rulebook that allows you to play Armada, X-Wing, IA, Legion, and all three RPG's as one game with a single set of dice, right? 

CONFIRMED!