FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

15 minutes ago, Fourtytwo said:

The article on the General Veers-expansion for Legion is up...

I'm starting to hate this!

1 minute ago, DelGriffen said:

Join Legion! You know it is the only way!

It looks like that's what they're trying to do now. Just piss us all off in hopes that we'll play with the other latest plastic army men.

Looking on the bright side if any, FFG as a company looks like it's getting it's act together. Product is flowing through the pipeline, and as shown with L5R LCG, they are doing larger explosive launches as it should've been with all games. I hope they'll improve on their OP side soon.

12 minutes ago, theChony said:

It looks like that's what they're trying to do now. Just piss us all off in hopes that we'll play with the other latest plastic army men.

Looking on the bright side if any, FFG as a company looks like it's getting it's act together. Product is flowing through the pipeline, and as shown with L5R LCG, they are doing larger explosive launches as it should've been with all games. I hope they'll improve on their OP side soon.

Once I'm done painting my IA figures, I'll strip them and repaint them over and over and over before I ever consider joining Legion!!!

17 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

I think she'd be a blast to paint

I've converted and painted a mini for Necromunda to look very obviously inspired by Sabine. The paintjob is almost finished, but man I'm looking forward to getting a 'real' Sabine from REBELS for Imperial Assault and paint her!

007.jpg.e5e2a0e7578b01dc902a144394cac61e

23 minutes ago, Fourtytwo said:

I've converted and painted a mini for Necromunda to look very obviously inspired by Sabine. The paintjob is almost finished, but man I'm looking forward to getting a 'real' Sabine from REBELS for Imperial Assault and paint her!

007.jpg.e5e2a0e7578b01dc902a144394cac61e

Haven't you heard? This game is dead and we aren't getting any new releases.  they have diverted all of their work and effort into legion and have abandoned imperial assault.  Sure, they may have given us hera and chopper, but clearly we aren't loved so they will never complete the ghost crew.  /s

but I do feel like a sabine mini would be fun (and hard) to paint.  It would be a nice challenge.

Also, I'm hoping for some news this week, but not expecting it.  If it goes past worlds weekend though, then I will be very surprised.

Some slightly encouraging words from Sorastros latest website post lastnight...

..."Firstly it almost goes without saying that I will be continuing to produce plenty of regular content for both of my Star Wars series, but will hold back on specifics as there is only so much I can share at this time..."

Of course he's still got a bunch of Jabba to post, but h**l, could be something! *laughs to stop from crying!*

Agua-y-acuiferos1.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32

4 hours ago, 54NCH32 said:

Some slightly encouraging words from Sorastros latest website post lastnight...

..."Firstly it almost goes without saying that I will be continuing to produce plenty of regular content for both of my Star Wars series, but will hold back on specifics as there is only so much I can share at this time..."

He probably bought two Legion cores and refers to them as Star Wars serie 1 and Star Wars serie 2 ;) 

2 minutes ago, Inmate4251 said:

So let's see... placing my bets on a preview for the Rebel Commandos and/or Snowtroopers for Legion, and a little on another article for the "Way of the Force" booster packs for Destiny.

Probably.  At this point, there are previews to come out still for 3 still unreleased Legion products.

That, and the inevitable think pieces, like "How to Use Your Destiny Cards to make terrain for Legion."

40 minutes ago, MagicSevi said:

We are definitely reaching territories where a simple ‚IA is not dead‘ tweet would give me goosebumps. This isn‘t healthy anymore!

#IA‘sNotDead

It's not dead from an app point of view as apparently another (small) update was made available lately ... yeah I know most of us also want new plastic toys :D

12 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Probably.  At this point, there are previews to come out still for 3 still unreleased Legion products.

That, and the inevitable think pieces, like "How to Use Your Destiny Cards to make terrain for Legion."

Or "How to efficiently use your dead game IA minis in Legion"

Hmm... New campaign idea. Rebel heroes and imperials are in a chase through space in the outer-rim and end up getting caught up in a random wormhole. They end up crash landing in either

A) A demon infested space marine base (DOOM crossover)

B) The land of Terrinoth (Descent crossover)

4 minutes ago, Inmate4251 said:

Hmm... New campaign idea. Rebel heroes and imperials are in a chase through space in the outer-rim and end up getting caught up in a random wormhole. They end up crash landing in either

A) A demon infested space marine base (DOOM crossover)

B) The land of Terrinoth (Descent crossover)

That could be fun!

Crap you guys. PA picked up Legion. And made a story arc out of it. Welp, guess we're not getting a new article today. No way FFG announces a new product in the middle of that kind of publicity. 

Also... did you ever wonder why there is an AT-RT and an AT-ST? One is a Recon Transport and the other is a Scout Transport. I know the RT's were used more by the Republic, but still. Why the change? What was wrong with the old system? And what are those Scouts getting up to now besides recon? That's literally their entire job. 

8 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

Crap you guys. PA picked up Legion. And made a story arc out of it. Welp, guess we're not getting a new article today. No way FFG announces a new product in the middle of that kind of publicity. 

Also... did you ever wonder why there is an AT-RT and an AT-ST? One is a Recon Transport and the other is a Scout Transport. I know the RT's were used more by the Republic, but still. Why the change? What was wrong with the old system? And what are those Scouts getting up to now besides recon? That's literally their entire job. 

The AT-RT is a Rebel unit.  

It's because even in the Core box, Legion is struggling to make a convincing case for the Rebels being able to go toe to toe with the Imperial War Machine in a full scale battle.  So they had to draw from the Clone Wars already (I know we got the Nexu too, but Mercs are pretty well fleshed out at this point).

Another reason why IA is better.

Oh, also, despite what the Penny Arcade comic says, at least IA costs less, doesn't break easily, and generally doesn't require assembly.  Another win for us!  :P