FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

3 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

A little bit of new Rebels art... including what appears to be a 35 year old Sabine...

swr10_a6_ghost_crew_art.png

Umm... this artwork isn't new - I'm 100% positive I've already seen the left side with Hera and Sabine in some FFG-product...

I expect new app content either this week or next week, and then new physical content announced at worlds in May. Probably be next week for the app since they want to give Legion its time in the sun.

Just looking at the announcements we've had over the year, obviously nothing physical since last year at worlds but the app did drop just a few months ago and that was most likely a massive hog of IA's resources. Whether it was a new team for digital stuff or what not, there has to be at least some overlap for mission designs and DEFINITELY a drain on budget. 

That being said now that the app is out if we get say a physical release and an app release a year ... with a booster that is about the same pace as what we were experiencing before.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Actually, I would love to see a release schedule of "one big box per year, released at worlds, accompanied by a bigger blister wave". Then it would be one season (Game Nights, Store Championships, Regionals, Nationals, Continentals and finally Worlds) with the same Meta. From a competitive point of view, this would be awesome for skirmish. From a campaign point of view, this would give us the chance to actually paint all the figures and play through a whole new campaign at least once, before the next wave comes. Do we really need 4 waves per year? I know I don't. But that's just my opinion.

It just would be great to get an announcement of some sort to verify whatever the plans may be. Our local skirmish community is already shrinking to this lack of future perspective.

I think as a group we're all on the same page in that we don't need a lot of new content, the game already has so much, however we do still need at least SOME new content to keep driving the game , both skirmish and campaign. 

Like I said above I think this is an anomaly in that the app has put things off kilter, however I do fully expect things to be changed now moving forward in terms of release. Sort of a "new normal" and we can expect 2018 to set those terms.

There is still a ton of great content to explore in the Star Wars universe with new content being made each year. 

11 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

I think as a group we're all on the same page in that we don't need a lot of new content, the game already has so much, however we do still need at least SOME new content to keep driving the game , both skirmish and campaign. 

Depends on what you mean.  I'd still at least like a full boxed wave a year, and probably a blister wave in addition to that.  

But yeah, I don't think we ever need to go back to the Smallbox+ Large Box + multiple blister waves formula that the early years had.  Nor do I think that's even a possibility.

This is just an hypothesis but maybe FFG's aim is to get expansion boxes out at the same time as the corresponding campaign on the app?  After all when an expansion comes out it benefits both campaign and skirmish modes.  There is no reason why it should not also benefits the third mode which is the app mode?  If so, the reason we have not yet heard news about new physical stuff could maybe be because they are first working on the app's campaigns based on the already existing expansions?  But in the end, my guess is as good as yours.

1 hour ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

This is just an hypothesis but maybe FFG's aim is to get expansion boxes out at the same time as the corresponding campaign on the app?  After all when an expansion comes out it benefits both campaign and skirmish modes.  There is no reason why it should not also benefits the third mode which is the app mode?  If so, the reason we have not yet heard news about new physical stuff could maybe be because they are first working on the app's campaigns based on the already existing expansions?  But in the end, my guess is as good as yours.

I expect that the next app update will include some of the features from HotE. The upcoming box is possible, but I think it's less likely. It's better for the player base if there is always something just on the horizon. If all they really do in one year is a box, an app update, and a blister pack, and they have the box and the app update drop at about the same time, then they have what they have now, which is an extended period of people just whining about how there's nothing new coming out for the game. 

I would think priority number one would be releasing a paid (10 to 15 dollars) app campaign that only needs core to play. That has their largest potential audience and is a way to maximize their return on this digital investment.

While releasing an app campaign for the next physical box would help push sales of that new expansion - it would seem to be the way to get the smallest immediate payoff. I think they would be more likely to release an app campaign down the road as a way to rekindle sales of those older expansions after their initial release cycle, but what do I know??

9 minutes ago, totalnoob said:

I would think priority number one would be releasing a paid (10 to 15 dollars) app campaign that only needs core to play. That has their largest potential audience and is a way to maximize their return on this digital investment.

While releasing an app campaign for the next physical box would help push sales of that new expansion - it would seem to be the way to get the smallest immediate payoff. I think they would be more likely to release an app campaign down the road as a way to rekindle sales of those older expansions after their initial release cycle, but what do I know??

From what I know of Descent, I believe the actual campaigns have all been free (as they encourage purchasing of boxed expansions.

There are some "arena" modes that are paid I believe, though.  Think they're just 5 bucks, though.

They've also based the latest campaign on a specific campaign which is cool, utilizing tiles and figures from that expansion. Core only might be their biggest audience, but targeting specific expansions will drive those sales.

i expect a bigger campaign next, and I think this one will be core only. Then we will move on from there. Similar to the tutorial then kindred fire release we saw with Descent. 

Imperial Assault takes up so much space in my house and has so many tiles already that I'd be happy with just new single and multi-figure pack expansions, new campaigns (physical and app based), and no more small or big box expansions.

10 minutes ago, udat said:

Imperial Assault takes up so much space in my house and has so many tiles already that I'd be happy with just new single and multi-figure pack expansions, new campaigns (physical and app based), and no more small or big box expansions.

Meh, you just need a better storage solution.  ;)

Speaking of storage solutions, I recently bought a plano shelving unit from Walmart for about $20 to put in my closet to store games on (rather than have them haphazardly stacked). Imperial assault takes up about half of one shelf (4 shelves total),  and is currently sharing that shelf with Rebellion, and a couple other smaller games. There is definitely room for more content :)

Hoping for at least 1 box expansion per year for the next several years.

If they have some intermediate blister waves, I don’t even need the packs to be released at the same time. Do the Rebel/Merc/Imperial packs a month or two a part and let every one have its day in the sun being the shiny new figure. 

On 3/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, subtrendy2 said:

Meh, you just need a better storage solution.  ;)

Or a bigger house.  British houses are typically much smaller than your average American domicile :P

Edited by udat

For some reason my gut tells me the next release is filling out the rebels tv show cast. The show just ended, so it's still fresh. Thrawn Kallus. Capt Rex. Zeb, ezra. Sabine etc. Scum could be Mandos and the weequay Hondo

Edited by buckero0

4 hours ago, buckero0 said:

For some reason my gut tells me the next release is filling out the rebels tv show cast. The show just ended, so it's still fresh. Thrawn Kallus. Capt Rex. Zeb, ezra. Sabine etc. Scum could be Mandos and the weequay Hondo

Dito! I'm pretty sure we will see at least two major characters from REBELS soon, maybe even more. I personally am hoping for Kanan and Ezra, because this will give me the impetus to build the upper levels of the Sith-Temple on Malachor as a big custom 3d 'map' for Imperial Assault, a thought I had for a few months already. :D As proof I present exhibit A:

My Darth Vader I painted a few month ago, specifically modified to represent Anakin/Darth Vader in the key moment during his confrontation with Ahsoka.

5a1a8163d646b_DarthVader001.jpg.9b11e103

Edited by Fourtytwo

9 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Almost certainly. I've got a good feeling about this week. If we don't see something by Friday though, I don't think we're gonna see something until May 4.