FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

21 hours ago, MadFuhrer said:

My money is on an announcement tomorrow for legion about what is going to be in the next wave of Legion stuff.  Maybe we get something next week, or they might just make us wait until worlds, because we are now the red headed step child somehow.

Well it looks like I win the pot :P

I do read a Legion article every now and then and I will say, the unique figure poses are kinda neat.  However, that would make it fairly difficult to distinguish unpainted figures types apart which would require me to actually get around to painting - something I apparently haven't found the time for in the past 2.5 years I've been playing IA...

That and I love the campaign mode... Hopefully IA isn't going anywhere - I'm okay with one big box, a couple blister waves, and one app campaign every year.

30 minutes ago, machfalcon said:

I do read a Legion article every now and then and I will say, the unique figure poses are kinda neat.  However, that would make it fairly difficult to distinguish unpainted figures types apart which would require me to actually get around to painting - something I apparently haven't found the time for in the past 2.5 years I've been playing IA...

That and I love the campaign mode... Hopefully IA isn't going anywhere - I'm okay with one big box, a couple blister waves, and one app campaign every year.

I agree. I don't need to be over saturated with IA stuff...I am just now beginning to catch up on my collection, and I am very, very far behind on actually playing through the campaigns. So, really...I don't need much to make me happy. 

1 hour ago, machfalcon said:

That's part of what I think will be an issue for Legion.  It's sort of marketed as a casual game, but it's not at all part of a casual genre.

I mean, it's possible to play with unpainted figures and minimalist scenery, but it's hardly a rewarding experience.  Compare that to IA which is certainly easy to play with unpainted figures and the tiles make the maps each unique- I know Legion is shiny and new, but IA is still easily the choice for anyone not wanting to completely devote themselves to a single game for a time being.

2 hours ago, machfalcon said:

According to the FFG tournament article, the winner gets to pick something for the next expansion. So that's at least one more confirmed...

5 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

According to the FFG tournament article, the winner gets to pick something for the next expansion. So that's at least one more confirmed...

The article says they get to design a card. That could be an expansion, or it could just be a blister wave.

24 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

That Han figure sucks, especially the face, doesn't even look like him. 

Right?  He looks older than Harrison did in TFA...

I don't like that comment about how the artist was supposed to work on a figure but isn't anymore. That sounds sketchy. 

Yeah... I'm hoping we're just misinterpreting that.  Maybe some other artist came in to finish the project or he's just being coy or something.

31 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Right?  He looks older than Harrison did in TFA...

Yeah... I'm hoping we're just misinterpreting that.  Maybe some other artist came in to finish the project or he's just being coy or something.

It does give us confirmation that another expansion was at least in the works though. 

Just now, FrogTrigger said:

It does give us confirmation that another expansion was at least in the works though. 

Hopefully it wasn't scrapped.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd imagine packaging would've been done later in production...

5 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

One of those snipers looks familiar.  Did Loku jump ship?

Whaaaat?!?

Let me have a look!

TeamFulcrum001.jpg.37d24d7795f4be2278729

Nope, he's still there in my Rebel-Team. You see, those Mon Cala are very loyal people and would never abandon the Rebel Alliance Imperial Assault.

:D

The two big problem Legion has is that:

1. It is going up against the goliath that is 40k and the latest version of it has brought it back from the brink.

2. A lot of disgruntled IA players who want to play campaigns not generic tabletop land battles 

6 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

The two big problem Legion has is that:

1. It is going up against the goliath that is 40k and the latest version of it has brought it back from the brink.

2. A lot of disgruntled IA players who want to play campaigns not generic tabletop land battles 

3. It's (too) expensive. Compare the core sets of Legion and IA side-by-side. See which one has the most stuff.

4. Unless you play it on a nice diorama with painted figs, trees, grass etc etc it looks ridiculous. IA has the advantage of boardpieces.

I received a free copy of Legion and will use the plastic wall pieces for IA and maybe some figs. That's it.

PS: that Prune Face (it's a Dressellian actually) looks fantastic. I've always wanted one for IA. Sucks to see him made for a different game.

Edited by Jedi Bendu

5 hours ago, Jedi Bendu said:

3. It's (too) expensive. Compare the core sets of Legion and IA side-by-side. See which one has the most stuff.

4. Unless you play it on a nice diorama with painted figs, trees, grass etc etc it looks ridiculous. IA has the advantage of boardpieces.

I received a free copy of Legion and will use the plastic wall pieces for IA and maybe some figs. That's it.

PS: that Prune Face (it's a Dressellian actually) looks fantastic. I've always wanted one for IA. Sucks to see him made for a different game.

Yeah. I always had a soft spot for Orrimaarko and the Dressellisn Commandos. 

I have to ask forgiveness from my fellow IA players. I’m at Adepticon demoing Legion for FFG and...

I’m actually kind of liking it. It’s not nearly as fiddle as other war games I’ve played in the past. While I still feel IA campaign mode has the best immersive feel to being in the SW universe, I may end up grabbing a core set because there seems to be a pretty large player base getting into the game at my FLGS and I’ve had zero luck in getting skirmish players to show up. ?

Ya my lgs sold out of all their core copies and the majority of the expansions day one, I think that 25 cores. The best turn out I've had for a skirmish turn out is 5 including me and I brought a friend. Lol

I guess legion scratched an itch for some.

10 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Ya my lgs sold out of all their core copies and the majority of the expansions day one, I think that 25 cores. The best turn out I've had for a skirmish turn out is 5 including me and I brought a friend. Lol

I guess legion scratched an itch for some.

It's also new and shiny. If someone hadn't already bought into IA, they might buy into Legion. I'm not one of those people because I've already bought into IA, and I have no desire to play a 40K type game. I may end up getting some figures to add to IA, but not anytime soon. I don't want FFG to think that legion is selling better.