FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

7 minutes ago, allenkwest said:

Decipher was a fun game, but what killed it for me were the rule add-ons with every new set, which made the game start to become more complex.

It is still a great game and lives on, on it's 15-20th year after being cancelled. 

14 minutes ago, FSD said:

So Legion officially drops on Thursday.  Could this be the week we actually see a Friday article once again??

I'd love to see it, but I think that if the reason we haven't gotten an article yet is to avoid stealing Legion's thunder, then actually getting an announcement the day after Legion releases seems a bit counter-intuitive. 

Edited by subtrendy2

My money is on an announcement tomorrow for legion about what is going to be in the next wave of Legion stuff.  Maybe we get something next week, or they might just make us wait until worlds, because we are now the red headed step child somehow.

AdeptiCon started today, which I plan on attending throughout the weekend maybe we’ll get something there? I know FFG has some things scheduled but I also know a lot of it is centered around legion kickoffs. 

12 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

If they don't announce it till Worlds that would mean we could probably expect a new product available by Mid-Fall if they do what they did last year with the force user wave and HOTE.  :( Well something is still better than nothing on the bright side!

Just because we don't get an announcement doesn't mean stuff isn't being worked on.  I would be super happy if when we get an announcement its like, "oh hey, yea, it's on the boat already, you will have it in less than 2 months".  That would make me really happy.

4 minutes ago, MadFuhrer said:

Just because we don't get an announcement doesn't mean stuff isn't being worked on.  I would be super happy if when we get an announcement its like, "oh hey, yea, it's on the boat already, you will have it in less than 2 months".  That would make me really happy.

Right.  If the theory that Legion was delayed to be released with its wave 2 packs, which further delayed the announcement of the new IA wave (supported by the weird Worlds awards reveal) then I could see the release data of the "Thrawn Wave" moved up closer than what one might think.  

Best case scenario, let's say Legion was originally set to release in late January (as some rumors suggested), I could see IA getting announced in February, for a mid to late summer release that we may still be on track for.

*removes tinfoil hat

57 minutes ago, MadFuhrer said:

That would be awesome- is there a precedent for that though? 

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much 100% convinced we'll get nothing until at least worlds.

Sorry for being stupid but what is "worlds"? Is it a con of some sort? And more importantly, when is it?

Wouldn't it be weird for FFG annoucne stuff in the Easter Week (i.e. next week)? My bet is mid April at the earliest, but it could be much later. I also think it is highly likely that the next ImpAss wave will be announced much closer to the release date than we're used to.

5 minutes ago, angelman2 said:

Sorry for being stupid but what is "worlds"? Is it a con of some sort? And more importantly, when is it?

Wouldn't it be weird for FFG annoucne stuff in the Easter Week (i.e. next week)? My bet is mid April at the earliest, but it could be much later. I also think it is highly likely that the next ImpAss wave will be announced much closer to the release date than we're used to.

Worlds.

The FFG Star Wars world Championships.

Weekend of May 4th.

Been a few announcements over it in the past few weeks ?

Edited by Drasnighta

31 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

That would be awesome- is there a precedent for that though? 

For Imperial Assault? 

Not sure.

There have been some games like that, though, where their announcement came really late in the shipping process.  If I recall correctly, the 2nd ed of Mansions of Madness was announced when the product was already in stores and available to purchase.  Pretty sure there's been other cases like that, too.

I recently asked the box art designer Michal Ivan some questions; full interview can be read here https://starwarsinterviews.com/various/michal-ivan-cover-artist-imperial-assault/

Can we see Imperial Assault boxart for new sets of you in the near future?

I’m not sure. In the near future no, because I’m not currently working on any, but maybe later.

Does this mean no more expansions will be released?

There was a plan to do next expansion with my cover, but I think it's not happening now. Maybe later, depends on FFG.

Edited by Jedi Bendu
not the full quote was posted.

We already know, for a fact, that there will be new physical content.  The worlds champion gets to design a card, and those cards have not yet been released.

They also advertised in this year's worlds article that the next world champion will also get to design new content.  This is not a guarantee, but it's a pretty strong indication that they plan to continue to release physical content in the future.

Also. I'm fairly certain that if he had painted a yet unreleased cover art (and for it to be announced soonish, I'd expect it to be done at this point), he'd not be able to show or tell about it.