Jump to content
FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, FSD said:

I'm betting we'll see an article about how to use the dust mites from your IA figures to build new and interesting terrain for Legion...

The article would be titled "To the Victors Go The Spoils" and would detail how to chop up your Stormtroopers to make fantastic Ewok-inspired embellishments for your Legion play area! Helmets on spikes, troopers roasting on the fire, etc They'll even advertise the IA Stormtrooper Expansion Pack as a new terrain product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the day Legion comes out, I plan to drop in at my FLGS for a few games of Imperial Assault with some friends, using my carefully painted IA-minis. :D

I don't think I need to wear a t-shirt with the word 'subversion' on it to make my intentions clear on that day...

Edited by Fourtytwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fourtytwo said:

On the day Legion comes out, I plan to drop in at my FLGS for a few games of Imperial Assault with some friends, using my carefully painted IA-minis. :D

I don't think I need to wear a t-shirt with the word 'subversion' on it to make my intentions clear on that day...

You could also try bringing Rian Johnson with you, just to really hammer the point in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they even bother with an article on this? Just post the link to @Sorastro on the forums and GG. He already has Legion videos posted lol.

I know they probably can't link him in the article for some sort of legal reason, but doesn't mean he can't get through to the fans on the forum like here!

Edited by FrogTrigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

Wow, even the footsoldiers require assembly?

 

Yeah, they're gonna have some trouble getting casual players to stick around.

I was at a launch event 2 weeks ago where I played it and even got to unbox a copy... this game is definately not for casual players. It's a wet dream for folks who love to paint and assemble figs and people who always dreamt of playing Warhammer with SW figs... if you (like me) don't belong to those groups just stick to IA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Why would they even bother with an article on this? Just post the link to @Sorastro on the forums and GG. He already has Legion videos posted lol.

I know they probably can't link him in the article for some sort of legal reason, but doesn't mean he can't get through to the fans on the forum like here!

Actually, from what I've heard, he's doing those videos for FFG.  Reportedly they have to vet the videos before he can release them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

Why would they even bother with an article on this? Just post the link to @Sorastro on the forums and GG. He already has Legion videos posted lol.

I know they probably can't link him in the article for some sort of legal reason, but doesn't mean he can't get through to the fans on the forum like here!

So glad you said this as I was reading it all I could think about was @Sorastro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jedi Bendu said:

I was at a launch event 2 weeks ago where I played it and even got to unbox a copy... this game is definately not for casual players. It's a wet dream for folks who love to paint and assemble figs and people who always dreamt of playing Warhammer with SW figs... if you (like me) don't belong to those groups just stick to IA.

Out of curiosity, what do you see as the big difference between painting IA and Painting Legion? If you are saying you would rather stab out your eyes than paint more stormies! I can relate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 5th is the date of the first HOTE article. Not sure if that was the first way we found out about it or not, didn't it coincide with worlds? But either way we are getting dangerously close to 1 year without any new physical content announced. We got the App, which was huge no doubt about it.. but still.

We went from Blister wave x 2, Small box and Big Box a year to .... 1 big box. This next announcement better be huge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

May 5th is the date of the first HOTE article. Not sure if that was the first way we found out about it or not, didn't it coincide with worlds? But either way we are getting dangerously close to 1 year without any new physical content announced. We got the App, which was huge no doubt about it.. but still.

We went from Blister wave x 2, Small box and Big Box a year to .... 1 big box. This next announcement better be huge!!

HotE was announced at Worlds then they released the article right after wards (same day). 

I’m going with they had to flood as much stuff as possible for the first two years to get it to a good enough spot and now they can actually slow down to a reasonable pace. They actually had Stuff moving so fast the first two years that some things that were announced after came out before some things (Hoth came out before the bantha/smuggler even though bantha/smuggler was announced first). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also seems likely they are slowing the pace down due to Legion. But I am optimistic IA will see a digital campaign release for the app, one box release of some sort (for Fall/winter) and a wave for this year. Personally I would be satisfied with all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DelGriffen said:

Out of curiosity, what do you see as the big difference between painting IA and Painting Legion? If you are saying you would rather stab out your eyes than paint more stormies! I can relate 

I have no idea since I don't paint ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2018 at 8:27 PM, Jedi Bendu said:

I was at a launch event 2 weeks ago where I played it and even got to unbox a copy... this game is definately not for casual players. It's a wet dream for folks who love to paint and assemble figs and people who always dreamt of playing Warhammer with SW figs... if you (like me) don't belong to those groups just stick to IA.

I had that (dry) dream when I was heavily into 40k. That was 20 years ago. That ship not only set sail a long time ago, but arrived, disembarked and was then decommisioned.

Edited by Gallanteer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

I had that (dry) dream when I was heavily into 40k. That was 20 years ago. That ship not only set sail a long time ago, but arrived, disembarked and was then decommisioned.

I'm from the days West End Games produced Star Wars games... like the Star Wars miniature game ;) I guess the game you're referring to is the one from Wizards of the Coast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jedi Bendu said:

I'm from the days West End Games produced Star Wars games... like the Star Wars miniature game ;) I guess the game you're referring to is the one from Wizards of the Coast?

Nope. None of them because 40k was far superior (when I had the energy and patience back then). The only decent star wars game prior to FFG landing the rights was the card game from decipher. Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about Legion. Legionaires is starting to infect the IA board too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...