FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

On 3/10/2018 at 8:50 AM, totalnoob said:

Since I am a non painter, I would pay a decent amount (I’m embarrassed to admit how much I would pay) for those. I also like the sturdier taller Legion base for IA. Not sure if it fits in the IA square. I guess that would be an issue. :)

You could commission someone to paint your minis.  It's not cheap but some of the commissioned work I've seen is pretty impressive.

So that would be awesome, and I have thought about it. It just seems like it would be really tricky packing and shipping all the minis (assuming the person isn’t local) in a way that they wouldn’t get damaged

Just now, totalnoob said:

So that would be awesome, and I have thought about it. It just seems like it would be really tricky packing and shipping all the minis (assuming the person isn’t local) in a way that they wouldn’t get damaged

Yes, my painter is about an hours drive from my place so I use Canada Post.

21 minutes ago, totalnoob said:

It's definitely a risk.

I would never do it, but that's just me.

22 minutes ago, totalnoob said:

I am not a painter myself (IA was my very first attempt at painting minis) and I'm sure you would be impressed at what you can actually do with a brush and some paint.  I have painted 25 figures so far and even though there are zillion time better jobs than mine out there I must say that I'm quite satisfied with my work.  Some examples of what I have done so far :

Snowtroopers

Vader & Palpatine

HK assassin droids

Riot troopers

8 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

In the meantime... Mats!  For Legion!  Hooray!

It's getting to the point where it feels like Yogurt from Spaceballs.

"Merchandising! Merchandising! Article on Legion the T-shirt! Article on Legion the breakfast cereal! Article on Legion the lunch box! Article on Legion the coloring book! Article on Legion the FLAMETHROWER! (The kids will love melting IA with this.) And best of all, an article on Legion the dolls. *May the Legion be with you!* Adorable."

19 minutes ago, The Archangel said:

It's getting to the point where it feels like Yogurt from Spaceballs.

"Merchandising! Merchandising! Article on Legion the T-shirt! Article on Legion the breakfast cereal! Article on Legion the lunch box! Article on Legion the coloring book! Article on Legion the FLAMETHROWER! (The kids will love melting IA with this.) And best of all, an article on Legion the dolls. *May the Legion be with you!* Adorable."

Image result for yogurt mel brooks gif

The best thing is, they barely even seem to care, going by their forums.

Whenever we get an announcement for new Skirmish maps, there are like four threads titled"SEE, IA ISN'T DEAD!"  :P

29 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Whenever we get an announcement for new Skirmish maps, there are like four threads titled"SEE, IA ISN'T DEAD!"  :P

It’s worse than that. They outright hate the mats from what I’ve read.   It it kind of gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. 

IA players wouldn’t treat you this way, FFG. Don’t over look the steady, reliable “friend” for the hot, new chick. 

Mats for Legion is a bit odd though isn't it? They do seem to be milking it a bit.

I guess they are desperate for it to be a mega success as they seem to be betting the farm on it in terms of $ invested in tooling up the production line.

I'm sure it will be a success, but I'm not sure it'll be a mega one. Miniature wargaming is a crowded market and 40k seems to have had a bit of a resurgeance since the latest edition and no one really saw that coming after a decade of decline.

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

I mean, that kind of makes sense. How many people are going to get pumped enough to comment on the mats for a game they don't even have yet?

11 minutes ago, Jedi Bendu said:

I'd LOVE to have a mat for IA; a blank one like this one:

ia_largeplaymat2.png

Oh man that’s beautiful. I am just getting back into IA and would love this ! Did they make this or is this a mock up? 

Just now, MRCWING said:

Oh man that’s beautiful. I am just getting back into IA and would love this ! Did they make this or is this a mock up? 

They made it.... but it wasn't for sale; it was one of the prizes for the World Champion... just like this one from a couple of years ago: op17iu_na_layout.png

On 3/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, Fourtytwo said:

A painted mini - no matter how well it turned out if a serious attempt at painting is made - always looks better than an unpainted one!

There's a reason why unpainted or assembled and new on sprue miniatures generally sell for more than painted...  There are a lot of terrible painters out there and a lot of them think they're awesome.

Edited by Union