FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

I'mma go ahead and state the obvious here- we're not getting any news for this (or likely, anything Star Wars) on Friday.  It'd be totally lost in the hype for TLJ.

The Large Jabba?

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I'mma go ahead and state the obvious here- we're not getting any news for this (or likely, anything Star Wars) on Friday.  It'd be totally lost in the hype for TLJ.

I have to disagree with you.  I think we WILL get something Friday to help maximize search results.  I'm not holding my breath, but this weekend would be pretty good to announce something.

10 minutes ago, MadFuhrer said:

I have to disagree with you.  I think we WILL get something Friday to help maximize search results.  I'm not holding my breath, but this weekend would be pretty good to announce something.

First Order Assault: an Imperial Assault game.

New core set based on the sequel trilogy.

33 minutes ago, MadFuhrer said:

Hey, I may not agree, but I love your optimism and totally hope you're right!

22 minutes ago, FSD said:

First Order Assault: an Imperial Assault game.

New core set based on the sequel trilogy.

I'm still not sure we're due for that yet.  Let alone the difficulties they'd have to deal with in stepping on eggshells with the new canon, there's just really not much need for it yet.  Almost anything that could appear in a FOA game could be in IA.  Even stuff like Rathtars and Fathiers had presumably existed during the OT timeline (much like how the prequel Nexu unit was brought to IA).  It'd really just be a reason to bring in First Order stormtroopers, which would be kind of redundant.  

I think we'll get it, but not for another few years. 

59 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Hey, I may not agree, but I love your optimism and totally hope you're right!

I'm still not sure we're due for that yet.  Let alone the difficulties they'd have to deal with in stepping on eggshells with the new canon, there's just really not much need for it yet.  Almost anything that could appear in a FOA game could be in IA.  Even stuff like Rathtars and Fathiers had presumably existed during the OT timeline (much like how the prequel Nexu unit was brought to IA).  It'd really just be a reason to bring in First Order stormtroopers, which would be kind of redundant.  

I think we'll get it, but not for another few years. 

Agreed.  That response was more tongue in cheek than anything.  There are a few more items that could round out the OT to make the current iteration of IA feel "complete".  However I may feel the "yet" is a bit closer than you.

I think the sequel trilogy (ST?  is that how we are referring to it??) is the next step but have concerns that if they wait until Ep IX, they will have to delve too far down the rabbit hole to give us OT content for the next two years before giving us FO Troopers and all of the ST characters.

20 minutes ago, FSD said:

Agreed.  That response was more tongue in cheek than anything.  There are a few more items that could round out the OT to make the current iteration of IA feel "complete".  However I may feel the "yet" is a bit closer than you.

I think the sequel trilogy (ST?  is that how we are referring to it??) is the next step but have concerns that if they wait until Ep IX, they will have to delve too far down the rabbit hole to give us OT content for the next two years before giving us FO Troopers and all of the ST characters.

Yep- I'm also active on some other Star Wars forums, sometimes I forget what lingo people use.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective (or, from a certain point of view) but I think it would take a long time to go too far down the rabbit hole, especially with the current release schedule.

For example, I understand how a lot of people maybe felt that Heart of the Empire was full of non-iconic units- but as a fan of Rebels, I feel like it barely scratched the surface of what the show offers.  Add in the comics, books, spinoff movies, and stuff we still don't have from the original trilogy- I think there's stuff that many would still feel as iconic.

15 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yep- I'm also active on some other Star Wars forums, sometimes I forget what lingo people use.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective (or, from a certain point of view) but I think it would take a long time to go too far down the rabbit hole, especially with the current release schedule.

For example, I understand how a lot of people maybe felt that Heart of the Empire was full of non-iconic units- but as a fan of Rebels, I feel like it barely scratched the surface of what the show offers.  Add in the comics, books, spinoff movies, and stuff we still don't have from the original trilogy- I think there's stuff that many would still feel as iconic.

Yeah, the current, slower release schedule might make it thru the next few years before IA stars scraping the bottom of the barrel as FFG seems to be stuck doing with X-Wing.  And I'm looking forward to more Rebels content but still only see so much they can pull into an OT themed game before they run out of relevant options, IMHO.

If you discount the app, we really just got 2 releases this year: Droid wave and HOTE.  If they stick to that schedule (and intersperse some new app releases), they may actually be able to stretch it out to late 2019 to introduce a new Core set to coincide with the release of Ep XI.  Reinforcement wave 2nd quarter of 2018 & 2019 and a big box expansion in 4th quarter of 2018.  Now that I actually write it out, we might be fine for a few years. :lol:

50 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

I wouldn't count on it, but it looks like I was totally wrong about no Star Wars today.

I guess.  Not sure who you are or where you made a prediction about today's Star Wars articles...

(You got your old account back?)

1 minute ago, FSD said:

I guess.  Not sure who you are or where you made a prediction about today's Star Wars articles...

(You got your old account back?)

Oh, yeah, I'm subtrendy2.  When I'm at home, for some reason this account is still logged in.   Not sure how or why.

4 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

Oh, yeah, I'm subtrendy2.  When I'm at home, for some reason this account is still logged in.   Not sure how or why.

Weird.  I got used to seeing the 2 at the end and just figured somehow you got locked out of your old account. 

Once again, mad that Legion has a funky scale.  It would be neat to get that Veers mini.

Though, to be honest, it's kind of a strange pose.  I think General Octavion "Totally Not Veers" Sorin had a better Veers pose, even if it's kinda boring.  Veers is a tactician and a general, why's he reaching for his blaster?

16 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Once again, mad that Legion has a funky scale.  It would be neat to get that Veers mini.

Though, to be honest, it's kind of a strange pose.  I think General Octavion "Totally Not Veers" Sorin had a better Veers pose, even if it's kinda boring.  Veers is a tactician and a general, why's he reaching for his blaster?

Because he’s not sitting comfortably behind the heavily reinforced forward bulkhead of an AT-AT command module? :P

I'm in agreement on Rebels content. 

Considering the last wave was Force-user heavy, Zeb & Sabine would be a perfect choice for the Rebels.  Toss in Thrawn & Kallus for Imperials and 4-LOM & Zuckass for Mercs and we've got a solid wave.

31 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I'm gonna post something so that it doesn't look like two sad IA fans posting stuff about Legion:D

What's next for IA? We've got the app. What are the best rumors out there? Blisters? Are they waiting to release mini's alongside next app campaign, and will that be the new model?

As far as I know there are no rumors out there to go off of. All we have is the past release schedule for this and other app games. We're kind of flying blind right now. I wouldn't think they'd announce new products at all in December, but they did all that Legion expansion stuff, so that shows what I know. I still don't think we're going to see anything new until Jan 2018. 

My predictions are: 

1. A new app campaign announcement - 40% chance

2. A new app campaign announcement with a blister wave announcement (probably something from Rebels, or finally giving us Yoda) - 30% chance

3. A blister wave announcement - 15% chance

3. A small box announcement dropping this summer -15% chance

If I were FFG, my next app campaign would rely on Twin Shadows, then RtH etc. I would also release new mini's that are essential (or compliment) each campaign. This would give me the opportunity to move older product and sell some newer stuff. So my next release would be something based on a desert or even Tatooine map.

So,in that vein, someone from the cantina? A Boba-fett fix? Or maybe someone from R1 that fits into a desert campaign, like a partisan or two and some death troopers or shore troopers? Maybe the tank from R1 and a tank commander? I like the other ideas, I just wonder what might fit into a desert/tatooine campaign?

Edit: Of course I'd be perfectly happy if they just keep putting out new boxes and go somewhere totally new:)

Edit Edit: I-don-t know why-I hyphenated Boba Fett.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo