FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

9 minutes ago, Stompburger said:

Or maybe less close? Do they not like to do articles on different Star Wars games in the same day?

Announcements for HotE and its wave came side by side with the Rebellion expansion announcement.  Granted, that way May Fourth, but I don't know if it's really a factor they're worried about.

1 hour ago, Stompburger said:

Well this question looks pretty dumb now :rolleyes:

Now all we need are X-Wing and Armada articles, and they'll have covered every Star Wars game except IA!

Edit: I was wrong

Yeah, there is a certain feeling of gallows humor that comes from checking the news to find nothing for IA.

Edited by Rikalonius

1 hour ago, Stompburger said:

Well this question looks pretty dumb now :rolleyes:

Now all we need are X-Wing and Armada articles, and they'll have covered every Star Wars game except IA!

They did Armada yesterday already...  4 Star Wars articles in a row since Armada...  and no IA :(

So here's a theory I came up with whilst out for a long run this morning:

the next boxed set was always meant to be Endor, bringing the OT to a nice and fairly predictable conclusion. But something went wrong along the line - my guess would be it had something to do with the models and the plastic used. Look at all the faults that were reported with Jabbas Realm - I had broken weequays, gamorreans and jet troopers straight out of the box, and there were quite a few posts on the subject.

Whatever caused that problem was evident with the Endor models as well, and it was going to be a nightmare with .... the speeder bikes that were central to the Endor release. I think many of us have anticipated that speeder bikes would be included in some form or other; but the models as made simply wouldn't survive the shipping and handling.

so... the decision was taken to take a fresh look at that set, whilst bumping up the next boxed set - the Coruscant set. That was already under production (we've heard of a 12 month timeline for the boxes) and it worked out that FFG could have that ready for release before the re-worked Endor set.

But it would still take time, hence the (slightly unusual) Q3 release for the box. And the lack of previews etc so far. And the lack of announcement for the next wave. Everything has been thrown out.

(It kind of works as a theory and would explain why we ain't hearing anything! ??)

(shoot me down in flames guys!)

Edited by ellhaynes

44 minutes ago, goncardoso said:

but what would they show about IA ? I mean they already showed the next expansion and next character expansions too..

They always release at least two articles about the expansion giving details about the Empire and the Rebels, we know nothing yet about the classes for the campaign.  And then usually one article for each figure pack.  So we're due at least 5 before it's released.

1 hour ago, neosmagus said:

They always release at least two articles about the expansion giving details about the Empire and the Rebels, we know nothing yet about the classes for the campaign.  And then usually one article for each figure pack.  So we're due at least 5 before it's released.

ah didnt know.. when is the expansion suppose to come ?